• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

So, it's still illegally obtained. Therefore still illegal.

I mean like I personally don't give a fuck but if someone doesn't want to do a thing because it could, even with a microscopic less than being stricken by lightening chance get them prosecuted since (p > 0) != (p = 0) then why the fuck is anyone to judge?

We might want them to enjoy a thing which they cannot get any other way. If some irrational fear is getting in the way, of course we would want to make them into a more healthy individual who can enjoy things without fear.

On a completely different note I feel I can judge those people because these same people are usually wont to tell me that I am the paranoid one/judge me when I say things like, "It's better not to have a concealed carry permit because that makes the police jumpy when they get a dashboard notification and can get you shot over a speeding ticket."

Edited by Makaze

I feel like sometimes you like to argue for the sake of arguing and I'm just here to tell neal off to get off a single point where he's free to get on her case about the rest of them and I'm really not ever up for arguing. If she doesn't want to enjoy those things then live and let live? Sure, jump on the bits where she sounds judgemental as fuck herself or being technologically inept I'm all for that but if someone doesn't want to do a thing that is unnecessary then don't get on their cases about it. Especially if that thing is in the Schroedinger's (or however you spell that fucker's name) legality zone.

If you really need to satisfy your argument hunger, go find someone who likes it equally as much as you do.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Guilty as charged. I don't know what thread you were talking about or who was refusing to play ROMs.

Devil's advocacy aside, context is probably important to whatever you are talking about. If you wanted to confront Neal personally it would have been more prudent to do it on his profile, quote him, PM him, or something like that instead of posting publicly. Shot yourself in the foot by posting here in the vaguest of senses.

Neal knows the context. I dislike using PMs. I don't like talking to people one on one much in general excluding people like my wife and a few others.

But yeah, now you know I strongly dislike arguments other than parameters you pass into functions.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I called him directly, if he is confused about the context I can give him clarification, but I did address him directly.

I didn't want to post it in the thread itself because I don't want to get involved in the thread itself period.

Sounds like you have some troublesome habits when talking with others...

If you ever respond to me in a roundabout way like this (not in the same thread, or pages later in the same thread), please quote me. I doubt I'll notice it in a timely manner without the notification.

Edited by Makaze

I don't even know quotes get notification. I sure as fuck don't. It isn't on for me for some odd reason. Where do you go to turn this thing on? (Don't say something so obvious as options/settings I know that much)

If I actually knew that I might've copy the quote in here, but I thought it'd be the same effect either way so I didn't bother.

I generally dislike verbal, written or spoken communication in general unless it's about shit I actually like.

Edited by Thor Odinson

What kind of communication do you use for things you don't like?

I assumed you knew about the notifications but avoided them anyway. That choice made it look more like a potshot than a serious point.

So, it's still illegally obtained. Therefore still illegal.

I mean like I personally don't give a fuck but if someone doesn't want to do a thing because it could, even with a microscopic less than being stricken by lightening chance get them prosecuted since (p > 0) != (p = 0) then why the fuck is anyone to judge?

Yeah, I get that some people dislike pirating (a lot), since - as you said - illegal is illegal.

Although, she could technically buy the actual games, rip the ROMs, and then patch them.

But that's way too much of pain.

I mean, I don't advocate pirating, but if the game is generally not very easy to access, then I'd say go for it. It's probably good, in fact, since it spreads awareness for the game (however small it may be).

I'm sure FE4/FE5 would be nowhere near as widely liked as they are today without ROMs to facilitate their spread across the fandom, since a vast majority can't afford to actually important such an old game.

I'm just saying that it wouldn't hurt to take advantage of the resources she has to expand her view of the series - or games in general.

The only valid reason I can see behind that is moral excuses... which I'm not too convinced Ana particularly adamantly upholds.

I assumed you knew about the notifications but avoided them anyway. That choice made it look more like a potshot than a serious point.

These assumptions will be your downfall at some point in life.

-- Prophecy of Nightmare

These assumptions will be your downfall at some point in life.

-- Prophecy of Nightmare

It's a default feature... It would have been even more silly to assume the opposite, wouldn't it?

fists to the face

sometimes we do things in life, but we don't like it. I avoid doing it when I can but it doesn't mean I doesn't when it's necessary. Kinda like homework.

Thing is I don't particularly deal with words very well. Never have, parents have tried. If I try to explain concepts, usually I default to abstracting concepts to either mathematical structures or visual diagrams instead of dealing with coherent sentences. I have more words for things I have a passion for, but it's the similar case where I absolutely detest essay-writing.

But yeah I don't get notified for shit so I didn't think it actually makes a difference. I don't know why it hasn't worked for me since I haven't touched them bar telling them to stop sending my emails about replies to my own threads only back in the days of the old forum software. That's about it.

@Neal you could always list her given reasons as bullshit which they are, while not shitting on not wanting to emulate overall. The reasons she gave inpost were pretty shit and reeks of technological ineptitude, and totally deserves to be shot down.

And thanks for the settings, I'll see if it works.

Edit: Wow all of that is deselected for me and for some reasons the emails are even though I don't get emails anyway ever since I disabled them in the days of the old forums and then never touched notifications again and I have absolutely no idea why any of them are off.

software.

Edited by Thor Odinson

fists to the face

sometimes we do things in life, but we don't like it. I avoid doing it when I can but it doesn't mean I doesn't when it's necessary. Kinda like homework.

Thing is I don't particularly deal with words very well. Never have, parents have tried. If I try to explain concepts, usually I default to abstracting concepts to either mathematical structures or visual diagrams instead of dealing with coherent sentences. I have more words for things I have a passion for, but it's the similar case where I absolutely detest essay-writing.

But yeah I don't get notified for shit so I didn't think it actually makes a difference. I don't know why it hasn't worked for me since I haven't touched them bar telling them to stop sending my emails about replies to my own threads only back in the days of the old forum software. That's about it.

@Neal you could always list her given reasons as bullshit which they are, while not shitting on not wanting to emulate overall. The reasons she gave inpost were pretty shit and reeks of technological ineptitude, and totally deserves to be shot down.

I knew it.

I can understand that... to an extent. The part about explaining/analyzing the world in mathematical/logical terms, at least.

That's okay. Nightmare gave me some warnings a while back and assumed I was getting notifications for them, but I wasn't. This software can be buggy sometimes.

Oh hey I got a notification now! Thanks again for the settings, Neal.

Alas, buggy software is a pain in the ass. What can we do.

I think my crowning moment of math nerd was when I compared the differences of grammatical structures in Italian (and most if not all Romance Languages, I suppose)using statistics, and the best part was my Italian professor understood the reference.

My computer scientist friends didn't. It wasn't hard statistics.

Edited by Thor Odinson

It's a default feature... It would have been even more silly to assume the opposite, wouldn't it?

For members who have joined since it was made a feature, yes. But if they joined before then, it's not on by default.

Yeah, I guess.

It's just kinda annoys me more than anything. Not a rational kind of annoyance, in any case.

She can do whatever she wants, for all I care.

She just doesn't have to complain about it, since people are obviously going to call her out for it.

They should work once you check the boxes, yes.

That's okay. Nightmare gave me some warnings a while back and assumed I was getting notifications for them, but I wasn't. This software can be buggy sometimes.

Hey hey hey, I actually had reason to assume! It's because Tangerine forced those notifications on all members, so I knew what was what.

The bug was unpredictable, and I have noooo liability on that front.