Fia

he's even unvoiced during some segments, for "immersion"

that's a quite specific bias

but from what i've seen, his english va does seem to be okay so

pedo

estelle from trails in the sky

:^)

lol Ditto exists for a reason

I don't see what this has got to do with anything...

Didn't have a problem getting Abra. Problem was rolling an Abra with the right Nature. Got every one except Impish.

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

That's impressive, they changed most of the scene. But why.

i'm guessing because of child abuse

Pictimos dead \o/

[spoiler=YsO spoilers]I did always wonder why they made the Devil's Wind music so long in Ys Origin

I guess I know now.

i should probably try ys 6's catastrophe mode one of these days

jenni finally responded to mine too, and it wasn't just one response either as well

it's already out in japan

these laus are so tardy and mean

I don't see what this has got to do with anything...

Didn't have a problem getting Abra. Problem was rolling an Abra with the right Nature. Got every one except Impish.

using ditto and everstone to breed the nature down

?????

why

Miiiiiight have something to do with the fact that in the U.S. at least our ratings system goes down hard on anything involving children and violence

they probably edited the scene in fear that it could get a mature rating if they didn't, sometimes it feels like it doesn't take much of a push to get it even when the rest of the content is p mild (eg. Dual Destinies)

..though I'm not exactly sure how getting impaled by two spiky light beams instead looks much less violent to them, but okay

Edited by Fleece

Honestly I was a bit shocked and speechless at the first moment when I saw this scene.

For me it was a disturbing scene, even for a Tales of game.

In general I find Berseria the darkest part of the series I've played yet, at least after playing the earlygame I can say that.

yeah i could already feel the edge when i watched its mystic artes

Miiiiiight have something to do with the fact that in the U.S. at least our ratings system goes down hard on anything involving children and violence

they probably edited the scene in fear that it could get a mature rating if they didn't, sometimes it feels like it doesn't take much of a push to get it even when the rest of the content is p mild (eg. Dual Destinies)

..though I'm not exactly sure how getting impaled by two spiky light beams instead looks much less violent to them, but okay

yeah i know

still, it looks pretty silly

and apparently the stabbing was supposed to be plot-relevant later on

Edited by TheEnd

Ah yes, Cloak & Dagger. Just as useless as Taunt.

Damn it, Joshua. Learn Evil Eye already.

Hm, changed from stabbed with sword to... stabbed with two energy-something things? Would that really qualify as censorship if only because the sword itself wasn't used?

Yes. If that scene was unaltered in the West, I wouldn't be surprised if ToB ended up being 18+. Namco doesn't want that. Seeing a kid getting stabbed directly by a sword is arguably more worse and impactful than being stabbed by floating, detached "energy-something things".

EDIT: That is exactly the reason why they changed it. They claim the impact of the scene in regards to the story is unchanged. Would be nice if that ends up holding true.

Edited by DodgeDusk

Berseria has a very dark atmosphere unless for Magliou's moments. So much scream.

The latest dungeon felt like a final dungeon for me gameplay- and musicwise, and I played like, I'd say 1/4 of the game yet.

Speaking of mystic artes: In no other part in the series you learn them as early as in Berseria.