FE4 THREAD

Fia

There's plenty of things to replace grabbing with depending on the situation. You won't be able to do much with criticism if you flat out argue with it. Pikachu's grab range is shit, and since he has some follow-ups to grabs smart people will be looking to keep you from grabbing them, so doing something like charging in trying to force a grab isn't a good standard approach to getting them. QAC, should you learn it, makes you annoying as fuck (trust me) and makes for a lot of offensive options. Pikachu is fast enough to get in with his lagless air game and annoying thunderjolt pressure. Keep yourself unpunishable, and take grabs when they are given, not when you want one. Read me

/baseless assumptions on how you could improve your game

Never knew what QAC was, but I'll look into it. Also:

Pika's Strengths:

- Good running speed

- Small size = small target

- Can combo well

- Good grab game

- Good aerials

- Excellent recovery

- Has two great projectiles

- Can effectively edgeguard and/or gimp most characters

- Diverse movement options

- Duck/crawl are somewhat useful

- Very good at annoying the opponent

- Most attacks have little lag

- Has an adorable face

XD

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, if you time his special right. Pika will likely annoy the opponent.

Edited by Ursula

Also, if you time his special right. Pika will likely annoy the opponent.

Oh, I tried that yesterday. It was helpful. Also:

so it is absolutely essential for new squirrelrats to learn it well!

Ok Sirius, you win on that point. ^^

No. Your constant use of Thunder and Thunderbolt without even using another move, however...

You use F-Smash way more than D-Smash, anyway.

It used to be the other way around. ^^

Edit: Also, what's DI?

Edited by Lux Aeterna

someone help me!

does anyone have a flashlight nearby? if you do, tell me how many and what type of batteries it uses, pretty please!

Sounds good. Show us something

DI is simple. Directional Input, the direction you hold the control stick in when/after you get hit (as opposed to holding it in general). When, or just before, you get hit with a move with enough knockback to possibly kill you, hold it perpendicular to the direction you're being pushed in, right or left if you get hit up and up if you get hit to the side. It'll direct your flight path in a direction that may make the amount of knockback not enough to kill you outright and save you just before you hit the blastline. There's also smash DI, which allows you to escape multihit moves by jamming the control stick multiple times in the appropriate direction, usually away from the move you are being hit with.

If that sounds weird and difficult to interpret, I'll try to find a tutorial vid I remember watching about it.

Edited by Rehab

*explanation*

If that sounds weird and difficult to interpret, I'll try to find a tutorial vid I remember watching about it.

No, that's easy enough to understand. I just heard that D-smash for Pika is easily DI, more specifically: SDI.

I can brawl too.

I'm not particularly looking forward to getting my butt kicked by you twice in one day, but... Ok. XD

I want the water to get out of my ear. ;-;

Oh God I hate hate hate that! Either put some alcohol in your ear for five seconds, or sleep and when you wake up it will be gone/almost.

So terrible right now =\

Well at least I got 2nd place a DESPITE THE FACT THAT YOU 2 ONLY TARGET ME! SERIOUSLY! WE END UP WITH 1 STOCK AROUND THE SAME TIME AND SARA ONLY GOES UP TO 28% AND WE GO UP TO AROUND 150%. May as well just make it a team battle of you 2 vs me.

Now I know why I'm doing "terrible" >_<

Edited by Sirius