FE4 THREAD

Fia

The character design is quite well done for all the characters imo. /fanboy

Yeah it's pretty good.

He has simpler moves, but I dunno about 360º. Usually SNK games don't have those.

Excellent.

360s like Hyperbomb and Robber soul's? Just practice and you'll get accurate enough.

I need an arcade stick.

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm more comfortable with "360" than 2x180 motion... hate trying to pull off Setsuna's

I wouldn't mind if that didn't conflict with jumping. I remember playing a game that had 360s and always ended up jumping instead of performing the move.

Practice Guile/Charlie's uppercut kick to get better at pressing up + attack simultaneously.

You already know I suck with down-up charge moves. How many times do I use those with Urien?

Besides I can only do 360's with a control stick. I can even do 720's without too much problems, and actually grab the other guy as well for MASSIVE DAMAGE.

I wouldn't mind if that didn't conflict with jumping. I remember playing a game that had 360s and always ended up jumping instead of performing the move.

It occasionally happens for me in Street Fighter 3rd strike but I still manage to pull off my "360" about 70% of the time I try it. One thing they could do to fix that is allow you to assign the Jump command and disable it for up on the joystick/control pad like in Brawl.

720s are awful until you hear about Tager's 1080.

You already know I suck with down-up charge moves. How many times do I use those with Urien?

Yeah... that's about never or once per round which removes 2 specials from your move-set.

Edited by Sirius

It occasionally happens for me in Street Fighter 3rd strike but I still manage to pull off my "360" about 70% of the time I try it. One thing they could do to fix that is allow you to assign the Jump command and disable it for up on the joystick/control pad like in Brawl.

720s are awful until you hear about Tager's 1080.

This, pretty much. However, that would possibly mean to add an extra button as the 6 others are taken for random punches and kicks.

I think it's only for his OHKO move. Besides it's not like Tager seems to flinch a lot.

I'm better at MGO than my roommate that actually owns the system and game that I'm playing it on. Go figure.

Actually, MGO's one of the few 3rd person shooters that I can consistently get a positive score in, and that's even with MGO penalizing deaths more than rewarding kills.

Jumping with a button would be awkward imo. It's fine with Brawl because it only has two attack buttons and no complicated pattern, but it would be difficult in a real fighting game.

Yeah... that's about never or once per round which removes 2 specials from your move-set.

To be fair the only down-up charge move I really like is Bison's headstomp followed by flying.

WTF, he's some kind of pro skater?

I could see him pull of grinds and such by magnetism.

To be fair the only down-up charge move I really like is Bison's headstomp followed by flying.

That's because you haven't played KOF using Kim or Terry.

Jumping with a button would be awkward imo. It's fine with Brawl because it only has two attack buttons and no complicated pattern, but it would be difficult in a real fighting game.

I know I never liked the idea in that game, but Mortal Kombat did have block buttons since forever and run was done via a button too for a few games. I could see a fighter pull this off, but obviously that would change playstyles a fair amount.

That's because you haven't played KOF using Kim or Terry.

Bogard? Does this down(charge) up exist in KoF 96 or 98?

I know I never liked the idea in that game, but Mortal Kombat did have block buttons since forever and run was done via a button too for a few games. I could see a fighter pull this off, but obviously that would change playstyles a fair amount.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand here's another reason I ended up disliking MK after going back to try the 2D games (the ones I liked >_>).

Edited by Sirius

Bogard? Does this down(charge) up exist in KoF 96 or 98?

It did in 2k2, can't really recall on other games, but I am sure it didn't in 98.

she has heard about us from Enjo and was interested in us. Or something like that.

This actually.

Wut.

Exactly

I think I remember Enjolras being willing to give us her MSN just for that very reason.

Of course, we were too boring and unfriendly to accept.

Not exactly, though she asked me to invite her to conversations with people from here because she'd like meeting oyu guys.

.....Is he trying to 4chan her?

Now that is plain evil.

HE PROBABLY PRAISED US FOR TURNING HIM FROM A SUICIDAL DEPRESSED PERSON INTO A ZANY MASOCHISTIC THINGY.

But he also probably forgot to mention that we are practically d-e-a-d.

Not really.

I actually did, but like she cares.

I see Enjo's girl has already fled in terror.

Actually not really, we were watching HP7 in the cinema and her computer time is kinda limited too.

Actually not really, we were watching HP7 in the cinema and her computer time is kinda limited too.

Weird. Isn't it supposed to air in the 19th?

So you admit it at last?

I should watch Tropa de Elite 2 one of these days. 1 was better than I had expected.

And I forgot shoulder buttons exist. \o/

...so yeah, I think jumping with a left soulder button wouldn't feel too awkward and fix the issue of 360s, but I don't see it happening in SF which basic controls are already deeply-rooted.