• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

The only person on MSN who would care isn't here. And Oujya's wouldn't care either.

:x

Yes. We care even less.

Unless you consider the bashing and ridicule desirable forms of attent- oh wait.

Sleep.

Edited by TheEnd

LolClark and Ralf. They really did beef up between XI and XIII (Remember folks, XII was a non-canon game)

"Beef up" is an understatement. It's like they had massive steroid overdose. I'm surprised they're still alive and well.

"Beef up" is an understatement. It's like they had massive steroid overdose. I'm surprised they're still alive and well.

Terry, too. The guy looks like a goddamn gorilla.

...Actually, that might just be the funky proportions of XIII's sprites. His XII artwork was actually bulkier.

Edited by The Goddamn Battler

Radiant Historia looks okay so far. Great athmosphere, music and above average 3D. Some good characters as well. I like the battle system too. And rewinding time is a great thing to have too.

The main character doesn't make any sense though. Cold type who doesn't even smile to his best friend, but totally distressed when two of his companions that he just met for the first day die. yeaaaaaaah

The 2d sprites are lazy and make me cringe, but the character art is nice.

And why the heck did I start playing Spelunker. oh god the main theme. It's stuck in my head.

Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvD2b_milzQ&feature=related

Dying at the first elevator three times in a row. Check.

Failed rope jumping. Check.

Falling into a pit twice. Check.

Can't stop playing though.

joke214.png

oh wow. :o

I should be asleep right now but fuck it, that was the best episode of Monster ever, I don't even know what to say.

Holy shit.

?

And also:

Midir x Aideen

Nothing to nitpick here. It's the only pairing I agree with really.

Lex x Sylvia

What I'm wondering is how on earth you're going to build this up without holding Lex back. Sure, you have somewhat of that same issue with Lex and Aira, but in that pairing, you had that Hero Sword conversation in Chapter 3 to generate an enormous 100 point boost to their love score. Lex and Sylvia don't have that luxury.

I can't see Leen making good use of the Elite skill since she's so weak (though I suppose the Prayer Sword can help her out in Arena's, but that's something I'd prefer to give to Patty if I can help it), and Corple has great enough staves that he simply doesn't need Elite (especially if Claude passes some down to him).

I don't know, maybe this'll be beneficial. It just doesn't seem like a great use of Lex's Elite skill.

Claude x Fury

I'm assuming that this is to give Sety staves to gain experience with? Well, that's not really a luxury Sety needs, and I'd prefer to have him with Holsety should he need it.

Beowulf x Lachesis

I'm not sure, but I think that Fin and Lachesis have enough time to hook up, in which case, I'd recommend you do that instead, as Prayer is infinetly better than whatever small bonuses Beowulf can give. If it's inheritance that's an issue, I would recommend having Fin kill Shagaal in Chapter 3 for the Silver Blade. What else would Delmud need but that and Prayer?

Besides, Lachesis wouldn't want Beowulf. Oh sure, Beowulf might be easier to get in the sack with. He may have those rogue-ish good looks. His body may be as chiseled as Zeus's. He may have more hairs on his chest than Austin Powers, but he's not a FAMILY MAN like Fin is! :B):

And speaking of family men, just where the heck is Beowulf when his children need him? DEAD! Fat lot of good those rogue-ish good looks did him! So why the H.F.I.L. are you giving the kids a father who's going to DIE, when they can have a father like Fin, who will still be alive to comfort and nourish them whenever they're suffering of a broken heart. What, do you WANT their father to die, huh, huh, HUH!!

Holyn x Bridget

You know, I'm always hearing about how good this pairing supposedly is, but to be honest, I never quite got it. Sure, Holyn can pass down some good stats as well as an extra rank in swords to Patty, but does that really outweigh the advantages of Bargain? I don't think so.

While Patty without Holyn has to struggle just as much as everyone else does to hold on to the Elite Ring, Patty can use that and whatever else she can afford to Arena up with no repercussions whatsoever. Between the Sleep Sword, the Prayer Sword, and whatever other great swords you can give her, I can't see her ever needing the extra boost to swords.

Levin x Tiltyu

This one is probably so that you can have early Holsety with Arthur. That's what I'm assuming anyways. However, Arthur doesn't have enough move to take full advantage of Holsety anyways, so it's really not all it's cracked up to be in the long run. And if it's a question of whether or not he needs it, I don't believe he does with Wrath on his side.

If you really want someone who can just nuke the game, just get Sigurd a Hero Sword, get a whole bunch of kills on it, pass it down to Celice along with the Leg Ring, Elite Ring, and whatever other rings you think would be good on him, and watch Celice grow into a virtual meat grinder.

No, the one who really needs help out of the pair is Tinny, and I believe Azel benefits her more than Levin does anyways, for I believe Azel gives her a boost to magic, helping her use Wrath to it's fullest effect.

:KnollRoll:

:KnollRoll:

Other than Lex x Sylvia, everything is bread and butter... :KnollRoll:

I should be asleep right now but fuck it, that was the best episode of Monster ever, I don't even know what to say.

Holy shit.

Proceed.

Dying at checkpoint. Check.

Also, TheEnd, could you recommend me some Genesis games?

Let's see if you can get anything of use from this list.

Alladin Aladdin

Beyond Oasis

Earthworm Jim 1/2

Golden Axe 1/2

Kid Chameleon

Phantasy Star 2/4

Puyo Puyo 1/2

Quackshot

Ristar

Shadow Dancer

Shining Force 1/2/CD

Shinobi 3

Sonic 1/2/3/Knuckles/3D Blast/CD

Streets of Rage 2/3

Toejam & Earl (actually I've only played 2, which was a somewhat generic 2-player platformer, but I've heard good things about 1)

Valis 1/3

Vectorman 1/2

Wonder Boy in Monster World

X-Men 2 Clone Wars

Edited by TheEnd

Let's see if you can get anything of use from this list.

Aladdin

Beyond Oasis

Earthworm Jim 1/2

Golden Axe 1/2

Kid Chameleon

Phantasy Star 2/4

Puyo Puyo 1/2

Quackshot

Ristar

Shadow Dancer

Shining Force 1/2/CD

Shinobi 3

Sonic 1/2/3/Knuckles/3D Blast/CD

Streets of Rage 2/3

Toejam & Earl (actually I've only played 2, which was a somewhat generic 2-player platformer, but I've heard good things about 1)

Valis 1/3

Vectorman 1/2

Wonder Boy in Monster World

X-Men 2 Clone Wars

Strikethrough'd names are games I already completed.

Beyond Oasis sounds strangely familiar. Perhaps I'll start with this.

I remember playing the Golden Axe games back on the Atari.

Not quite fond of Earthworm Jim's universe.

I need to finish my Phantasy Star 4 PT. I don't remember where I'm suppose to go when I load my save state. I should probably restart it completely.

I think Wonder Boy in Monsterland did not work on my emulator.

Thank you. Will try some of these tonight.

Edited by Marthur

Lux just won't learn. It's isn't just that nobody cares, some of us plan to play the game later and don't want your spoilers.

Strikethrough'd names are games I already completed.

Beyond Oasis sounds strangely familiar. Perhaps I'll start with this.

It's an action RPG. I remember my brother playing the prequel for Saturn, but apparently it wasn't as good. Hey Nightmare, Yuzo Koshiro made the soundtrack

I remember playing the Golden Axe games back on the Atari.

Wait, Atari? I never knew.

Not quite fond of Earthworm Jim's universe.

I can see where you're coming from. Oh well, I found it quite enjoyable back in my childhood.

I need to finish my Phantasy Star 4 PT. I don't remember where I'm suppose to go when I load my save state. I should probably restart it completely.

You can probably use the "talk" feature to know what to do next (PS2 wouldn't give you that break)... but yeah, I know the feeling. Even if you know what to do next storywise, you don't necessarily remember what was happening, what sidequests you were doing...

I think Wonder Boy in Monsterland did not work on my emulator.

DS emulator? That's too bad. I say test it again if you grab a newer version.

Oh right, I forgot Monster World IV. It has a translation patch.

Thank you. Will try some of these tonight.

Alright.

Edited by TheEnd

Wait, Atari? I never knew.

You can probably use the "talk" feature to know what to do next (PS2 wouldn't give you that break)... but yeah, I know the feeling. Even if you know what to do next storywise, you don't necessarily remember what was happening, what sidequests you were doing...

Last time I checked, I didn't get any useful info from the talk option, I think.

I've never touched any other Atari consoles. So if I'm referring to my childhood and Atari, it's most certainly the ST.

Saying this sounds strange because of H-Atari.

I only came to know that the 2600 wasn't the only Atari through the internet.

H-Atari...?!

I see Etel is pretty much a regular, again.

Edited by TheEnd

I only came to know that the 2600 wasn't the only Atari through the internet.

H-Atari...?!

I see Etel is pretty much a regular, again.

I see.

Also, just loaded my Phantasy Star 4 save.

"We've beaten the trio. Now all we have to do is find the boss and retrieve the Eclipse Torch."

I'm in the middle of a desert too.

Interesting. I think she'll be pleased when she'll open this link.

He just needs to post.

Edited by Marthur

I see.

Also, just loaded my Phantasy Star 4 save.

"We've beaten the trio. Now all we have to do is find the boss and retrieve the Eclipse Torch."

I'm in the middle of a desert too.

I believe you're supposed to go back to the Air Castle and defeat the true boss there.

Random trivia: my first Genesis emu crashed on that boss. Damn Genecyst.

Interesting. I think she'll be pleased when she'll open this link.

He just needs to post.

Verily.

He does.

Edited by TheEnd