• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite part out of that door was the whole steamed alive talk and body temperature point of no return. Such fun.

There was a reason I hated this game, though. spoilers, spoilers everywhere

That part actually really stuck out to me because of what was, to my mind, a glaring factual inconsistency. 75 degrees C != 107 degrees F. Though maybe I just misread the text and it was actually written properly as 167... *schedules eye appointment*

It was a pretty fascinating bit of morbid, though.

We will see how my final opinion is after completion. I doubt it will swing full circle to hatred, but if there is something really pants-on-head retarded going on behind the scenes...

That part actually really stuck out to me because of what was, to my mind, a glaring factual inconsistency. 75 degrees C != 107 degrees F. Though maybe I just misread the text and it was actually written properly as 167... *schedules eye appointment*

It was a pretty fascinating bit of morbid, though.

We will see how my final opinion is after completion. I doubt it will swing full circle to hatred, but if there is something really pants-on-head retarded going on behind the scenes...

It was 107 degrees F because I remember thinking at the time of having a temperature of 104°F and thinking just a few more degrees really making that much of a drastic difference. That's one hell of an error.

I was hoping for a bad ending right there.

It's for the best if you enjoy it more than I did in the mean time.

Ah quite, some Classicverse goodness. The very first Gespent (kinda), Grungust, and Huckbein. However, they still come after the very first of all...

Man, I like this version the most of them all...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Having sworn to (attempt to, it is hard to always keep to the letter of the law actually but I will try) make no further illegal conquests, I am sad to say that I am unlikely to play these beautiful games you are discussing unless the Japanese ever destroy their pride in their admittedly gorgeous work and say "OK, fine, we will let our oldest games go into the public domain."

That is why I am very sad to see how badass these games you are posting about are!

I know it's not classic, but I really love this song, might've posted it in this topic already, apologies if so.

Edited by Loki Laufeyjarson

C'mon Severlan, some of those games have been translated, and some of them even were oficially released around here!

@gIO: I don't see you complaining about Gold Experience, that is even more broken.

At least each form of Gold Experience has a set number of abilities. Weather Report just pulls ability after ability out of it's ass.

Possibly the most fucked up Banpresto original. It has 6 pilots and it's the fusion of 2 reals and a battleship plus something that looks like a battleship but is only seen briefly in the map so I'm not entirely sure. Edited by Sirius

At least each form of Gold Experience has a set number of abilities. Weather Report just pulls ability after ability out of it's ass.

But the set number of abilities are infinite bullshit! That thing does EVERYTHING.

C'mon Severlan, some of those games have been translated, and some of them even were oficially released around here!

I know, I know, but I'm saying sometime in the next decade or two, the Japanese would in an ideal world say, "we aren't going to make money re-releasing our oldest stuff as much as we used to, instead of peddling that let's put that into public domain and try something new."

I'm not condemning the internet piracy movement. I think it's amazing. It connects people together. I am so glad to be able to talk with you about it. It's just, I don't like stealing other people's ideas when they tell me they don't want to, even if I think they're being pigheaded.

(I think I already dl'd SRW 4, so I'm not surrendering old conquests as an internet pirate...but I'm not sure I'll get back into gaming too soon yet.))

OK here's a good code: If I buy the game in japanese, I can download and play it in english, and hope I don't lose the game if the cops come a knocking at my door.

Edited by Loki Laufeyjarson

But the set number of abilities are infinite bullshit! That thing does EVERYTHING.

GER actually is pretty well defined- that is, it's a giant reset button. Weather Report... I don't know what the fuck the slugs had to do with anything else it could do.

GER actually is pretty well defined- that is, it's a giant reset button. Weather Report... I don't know what the fuck the slugs had to do with anything else it could do.

GER was well defined, but it was a Deus Ex-Machina. GE was pure McGuyver BS.

Weather Report isn't so overused, so I guess it's more forgivable.