• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

P052

Time flied->Time flew

P055

"Once you notice, he's already left by himself! If you try talking to him, he's all gloomy."

This sounds weird. I'd say something like:

"When you look for him, he's already left! If you try talking to him, he becomes all gloomy!"

P059

Black/dark figures" rather than "black bodies"

as its center->as its target.

P066

"Left on a journey"

P067

"...to look for someone anymore"?

"And I was here in Manster when I thought that" > "And it was here, in Manster, that that thought occured to me."

P074

"I'm 100% fine now?"

P076

"We used to see"->"We used to look at"

P090

"I'm here because of" > "I'm here thanks to"

P091

I'd just say "Please lend me your strenght" because the rhyme makes it sound funny.

Edited by Marthur

P067

"And I was here in Manster when I thought that" > "And it was here, in Manster, that that thought occured to me."

Wouldn't

"And it was here, in Manster, that the thought occured to me."

Work here too?

P052

Time flied->Time flew

P055

"Once you notice, he's already left by himself! If you try talking to him, he's all gloomy."

This sounds weird. I'd say something like:

"When you look for him, he's already left! If you try talking to him, he becomes all gloomy!"

P059

Black/dark figures" rather than "black bodies"

as its center->as its target.

P066

"Left on a journey"

P067

P074

"I'm 100% fine now?"

P076

"We used to see"->"We used to look at"

P090

"I'm here because of" > "I'm here thanks to"

P091

I'd just say "Please lend me your strenght" because the rhyme makes it sound funny.

59 - I'm... unsure about the targeting part, because Lakche isn't completely (only mostly) sure it was magic. And regular winds don't really target anybody, do they?

67.1 - I'm not sure... because that would imply he gave up on his quest to find that someone, while it could mean he was just putting it on hold?

67.2 - Actually, I mistranslated resolved/decided (omoitatta) as thought (omotta), there. So it'd be something like "When I decided that, I happened to be in Manster." Even because he didn't stay in Manster specifically because of Manster's situation, but because he was already there.

74 - I'll wait for a native's opinion on that.

Otherwise, fixed.

Wouldn't

"And it was here, in Manster, that the thought occured to me."

Work here too?

Because repeating the 'that' doesn't sound good, hmm? It's still gramatically correct, right?

59 - I'm... unsure about the targeting part, because Lakche isn't completely (only mostly) sure it was magic. And regular winds don't really target anybody, do they?

67.1 - I'm not sure... because that would imply he gave up on his quest to find that someone

67.2 - Actually, I mistranslated resolved/decided (omoitatta) as thought (omotta), there. So it'd be something like "When I decided that, I happened to be in Manster." Even because he didn't stay in Manster specifically because of Manster's situation, but because he was already there.

74 - I'll wait for a native's opinion on that.

Otherwise, fixed.

59 - Well, I still think target could work, but better ask a native.

67.1 - It doesn't sound like that there's such an implication to me. Just that he'll stop for now, and go back to it when the time changes.

67.2 - I still think it'd be better to construct this in one sentence. Something like "It was in Manster that I made my resolve."

74 - But "I'm 100% now" doesn't make much sense to me. :E Well I assume, "100%" could replace "completely" and you wouldn't say "I'm completely now", right?

Edited by Marthur

Because repeating the 'that' doesn't sound good, hmm? It's still gramatically correct, right?

Pretty much. Yeah, it's still grammatically correct. The word "occurred" was misspelled btw.

74 - But "I'm 100% now" doesn't make much sense to me. :E Well I assume, "100%" could replace "completely" and you wouldn't say "I'm completely now", right?

Or "certain".

Edited by Sirius

.....Why does he have 3-4 nipples.

:mellow:

Gonna read Souten no Ken.

Good Rei Rei. I should pick up Souten no Ken again sometime soon. It's too bad the anime cut off so early in the series. It was awesome. :(:

Good Rei Rei. I should pick up Souten no Ken again sometime soon. It's too bad the anime cut off so early in the series. It was awesome. :(:

Shame that there's almost 100 chapters left to be scanlated.

59 - Well, I still think target could work, but better ask a native.

67.1 - It doesn't sound like that there's such an implication to me. Just that he'll stop for now, and go back to it when the time changes.

67.2 - I still think it'd be better to construct this in one sentence. Something like "It was in Manster that I made my resolve."

59 - That's the plan.

67.1 - I wonder if "it wasn't the time for me to be looking for someone" would be better and not require a complement...

67.2 - What about "and I was in Manster when I made that resolve?" I think it's important to leave it somewhat clear that he didn't make that resolve because of Manster, especially since he does present himself as somebody who was just passing by.

74 - I want to make sure that doesn't work in English.

Pretty much. Yeah, it's still grammatically correct. The word "occurred" was misspelled btw.

Crap. I think I've never written occurred with two 'r' until today.

67.1 - I wonder if "it wasn't the time for me to be looking for someone" would be better and not require a complement...

67.2 - What about "and I was in Manster when I made that resolve?" I think it's important to leave it somewhat clear that he didn't make that resolve because of Manster, especially since he does present himself as somebody who was just passing by.

74 - I want to make sure that doesn't work in English.

67.1 - Sounds okay.

67.2 - Yeah, that works too.

76 - I'm 100% sure that it doesn't.

Edited by Marthur

Crap. I think I've never wrote occurred with two 'r' until today.

I'd have more trouble with the double c.

67.1 - Sounds okay.

67.2 - Yeah, that works too.

76 - I'm 100% sure that it doesn't.

I see what you did there.

Off to a rough start, but this is typical for the AM, as I am weak vs mornings. And yours?

Ah, I, on the other hand, am strong vs. whenever I wake up. I just need things to go a bit my way when the day starts first...

My day has been great so far. I went to the gym and the workout I had today was extremely huge.

I didn't like Souten no Ken very much. I mean, the beginning stuff was awesome and all, but later on it kind of dragged on and the main love interest is very...uninteresting. She's sort of a Mary Sue.

Anyway, I've been putting it on hold for a while now. Maybe I should read more and see if it gets better.

Also Kenshiro > Yan Wang. Mostly because I don't think Yan Wang has even half as much right to be as sad as Kenshiro. I wish he was kept the same eccentric person he was when we first saw him. Those glasses rocked.

Also Kenshiro > Yan Wang. Mostly because I don't think Yan Wang has even half as much right to be as sad as Kenshiro. I wish he was kept the same eccentric person he was when we first saw him. Those glasses rocked.

I mean whatever Nightmarre that's just your cultural bias. Maybe not cultural but it's a bias. The question is this - how long was one selfish or other-serving before breaking the barrier within their mind between the self and the other as best they could ever do it? How much did they absorb? Everyone is equally entitled to the happiness and sadness that some achieve and others do not.

Edited by Loki Laufeyjarson

Ah, I, on the other hand, am strong vs. whenever I wake up. I just need things to go a bit my way when the day starts first...

My day has been great so far. I went to the gym and the workout I had today was extremely huge.

I need to start going to the gym, actually. This might help things.