• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

The first thing I did was making an account on Ace's FE forum.

What about you?

Also school. Later~

Funnily enough, my first internet forum was owned by a French, too.

Home internet access since '99.

Have fun it's a holiday here today - a mixed blessing though, since I want to build a new PC alreeeeady

I was posting on my first forum by that time. XD

Though technically that WAS illegal since I wasn't 13 yet.

NTG did that too... though her big brother was watching, I suppose

They tried to deny they were siblings at first, how silly of them

Hey, same as me.

Third World power!

My internet back then allowed me to download stuff at a consistent rate of 4kb/s.

And that was considered good.

Edited by TheEnd

Third World power!

My internet back then allowed me to download stuff at a consistent rate of 4kb/s.

And that was considered good.

Can't remember what mine was, but I know that when I found out RPGMaker 2000 is 11MB I was in a state of despair for a while, because it would take a whole hour to download.

Naturally, as I was terribly youthful at the time, I did not give up and eventually downloaded it, even in the face of dial-ups many, many disconnects.

Can't remember what mine was, but I know that when I found out RPGMaker 2000 is 11MB I was in a state of despair for a while, because it would take a whole hour to download.

Naturally, as I was terribly youthful at the time, I did not give up and eventually downloaded it, even in the face of dial-ups many, many disconnects.

Good old RM2k. We had good times with it. (And I say "we" because since I lacked the patience and inspiration to make complete games, I helped my brother with mapping, eventing and whatnot. I still have the files here, and nostalgia'd hard when somebody linked me this a couple weeks ago.)

Since I paid an internet provider my connection wasn't too unstable... usually. I also got used to downloading stuff like that overnight.

Edited by TheEnd

Good old RM2k. We had good times with it. (And I say "we" because since I lacked the patience and inspiration to make complete games, I helped my brother with mapping, eventing and whatnot. I still have the files here, and nostalgia'd hard when somebody linked me this a couple weeks ago.)

Since I paid an internet provider my connection wasn't too unstable... usually. I also got used to downloading stuff like that overnight.

Yep, good old RM2k. I was so very excited when I found it, and then went on to make about two huge, yet incomplete games on it (they were mostly filled with fluff and stuff, I never got around to making the actual story in either game as I was too distracted doing other things, such as making mini-games and side-quests). I remember at first, when I didn't know how to work with it, I got some dragon to say "i'll join you" and expected him to actually join my party, and I was disappointed when he didn't. Then my brother discovered the tutorials and I learned more.

We never had an internet provider until like four/five years ago (or maybe six now? I lost count). We used to use internet cards instead. In the later years, they grew much more stable and quite a bit faster.

Yep, good old RM2k. I was so very excited when I found it, and then went on to make about two huge, yet incomplete games on it (they were mostly filled with fluff and stuff, I never got around to making the actual story in either game as I was too distracted doing other things, such as making mini-games and side-quests). I remember at first, when I didn't know how to work with it, I got some dragon to say "i'll join you" and expected him to actually join my party, and I was disappointed when he didn't. Then my brother discovered the tutorials and I learned more.

We never had an internet provider until like four/five years ago (or maybe six now? I lost count). We used to use internet cards instead. In the later years, they grew much more stable and quite a bit faster.

Our games had self-insertions and gratuitous Japanese, lol. And one of them had an incredibly unfair duel system.

We had paid and free internet providers around here. The free ones were hilariously bad, so we never cared about them - though some of our friends did, and their lives were worse because of it.

Our games had self-insertions and gratuitous Japanese, lol. And one of them had an incredibly unfair duel system.

We had paid and free internet providers around here. The free ones were hilariously bad, so we never cared about them - though some of our friends did, and their lives were worse because of it.

That's a funny coincidence. One of my games was basically the tale of me and my brothers.

Free internet providers? That's a funny thought. I dunno if internet providers were a thing over here at all at the time, though they probably were considering how my cousin had a special connection.

That's a funny coincidence. One of my games was basically the tale of me and my brothers.

Free internet providers? That's a funny thought. I dunno if internet providers were a thing over here at all at the time, though they probably were considering how my cousin had a special connection.

It's probably something more common than we think.

I don't remember how their business model worked, though.

And nowadays, we're even forced to pay an extra ISP to get a login! It's ridiculous.