• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the same idea really. Absol's Sucker Punch is the strongest priority move in the game(Bisharp's is the second), and CB alleviates the need to SD. Bisharp is more common in UU, I suppose, but I just like Absol I guess.

I never really liked Absol. He looks kinda generic with an evil touch added to it, he came in a game where Dark was still special (WHY!? Ghost and Dark should've switched) and Pressure, while fitting, doesn't really suit an offensive powerhouse. Intimidate would've been a fine alternative I think. The idea behind Super Luck is nice considering the high amount of +crit moves he has, though.

You're welcome.

Going to try some new pairings? I'm thinking Claude could do better with Lachesis than Fin does.

I'm pretty much going to do a blind playthrough, since I'm too lazy to read the readmes.

There is still no such thing as luck.

Obi-NTG.

I tend to eat fast because I'm usually silent at a table. If nothing comes out, then more can go in.

Same here.

FACE JUDGEMENT IN THE EYES OF THE ALMIGHTY CLAMPERL.

The replay cuts off right after Turn 13, but I proceed to sweep his entire team.

He was being stupid with his Bisharp.

Edited by Roxas

The thought of a floating Snorlax is rather funny.

I did remember getting Fly using Metronome with one.

Have you SEEN the all-Wailord all-metronome triple battle? :T

I never really liked Absol. He looks kinda generic with an evil touch added to it, he came in a game where Dark was still special (WHY!? Ghost and Dark should've switched) and Pressure, while fitting, doesn't really suit an offensive powerhouse. Intimidate would've been a fine alternative I think. The idea behind Super Luck is nice considering the high amount of +crit moves he has, though.

Ehhh, I actually like it. Bisharp... ingame wise, I'm not sure what else I can say other than "level 52 is too long a wait to evolve" IMO... Also, as for Gen 5 steels, Excadrill and Cobalion are the only good ones IMO.

Edited by Metal King Slime

Ehhh, I actually like it. Bisharp... ingame wise, I'm not sure what else I can say other than "level 52 is too long a wait to evolve" IMO... Also, as for Gen 5 steels, Excadrill and Cobalion are the only good ones IMO.

Level 52 wouldn't be a bad time, except that the "level progress" in Black/White isn't ideal for it.

BlazeBlack and VoltWhite on the other hand....

Have you SEEN the all-Wailord all-metronome triple battle? :T

Nope. Got a link?

You can have one starting at level 39 and it resists anything Audino throws at it. It's not Frillish but it's definitely not awful.

Escavalier is a poor man's Scizor, but functions well on Trick Room. The Ferros are especially nasty with some setup, but are fairly useless ingame. Klingklang is laughable, but Durant is surprisingly good.

You can have one starting at level 39 and it resists anything Audino throws at it. It's not Frillish but it's definitely not awful.

Escavalier is a poor man's Scizor, but functions well on Trick Room. The Ferros are especially nasty with some setup, but are fairly useless ingame. Klingklang is laughable, but Durant is surprisingly good.

Unfortunately for it, it's not much good against Opelucid Gym's Drudiggons, with their Revenge.. The Elite Four (Marshal in particular) are also mostly unfavorable matchups as well.

Doh. How'd I only get Excadrill and Cobalion out of those then...? Guess I'm more forgetful than I'd like to admit...

Unfortunately for it, it's not much good against Opelucid Gym's Drudiggons, with their Revenge.. The Elite Four (Marshal in particular) are also mostly unfavorable matchups as well.

There's only four Druddigons, most of the trainers prefer Fraxure.

As for the Elite Four, sure, bring Marshal, but he's immune or resists massively the other three trainers while being super effective against two. You really should see the strengths rather than the weaknesses.

There's only four Druddigons, most of the trainers prefer Fraxure.

As for the Elite Four, sure, bring Marshal, but he's immune or resists massively the other three trainers while being super effective against two. You really should see the strengths rather than the weaknesses.

I'm not liking my odds of getting rid of the Fraxures before they start threatening MY ENTIRE TEAM when all you have is Metal Claw and Assurance...

Shauntal has Chandelure and Golurk (the latter has EQ and a fighting move (probably Brick Break?) that threaten it, and Grimsley has Scrafty and Krookodile.

I'm not liking my odds of getting rid of the Fraxures before they start threatening MY ENTIRE TEAM when all you have is Metal Claw and Assurance...

Shauntal has Chandelure and Golurk (the latter has EQ and a fighting move (probably Brick Break?) that threaten it, and Grimsley has Scrafty and Krookodile.

Please, plenty of TMs have been available, such as Brick Break, Thunder Wave, Shadow Claw, X-Scissor and Poison Jab.

Aside of maybe Krookodile, I don't see how a trained Bisharp wouldn't outspeed those.

Please, plenty of TMs have been available, such as Brick Break, Thunder Wave, Shadow Claw, X-Scissor and Poison Jab.

Aside of maybe Krookodile, I don't see how a trained Bisharp wouldn't outspeed those.

The attack moves you just named are barely stronger than a STAB Metal Claw/Assurance... Geez, Louise.

Chandelure's 80 base speed beats out Bisharp's 70. And I'm not very sure about being able to oneshot Golurk... Regardless, I really don't have the patience to grind a Pawniard to 52 just so it doesn't suck against the E4.