• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you come into this thread just to ruin my dreams

You ruin your own dreams by being overly optimistic and having unrealistic expectations. :Knoll:

Just practice lots

I could possibly do that during the summer. But what would I practice? I need like, a structured drawing course that takes me through all the motions step by step. AND THAT COSTS MONEYSSSSS.

Not to mention I seem to have this issue with calculating values when I draw. For example, for drawing a character from one of my stories, I made his proportions 1.14 times bigger than mine and shrunk it down to fit the page... And it never took off because of that.

I could possibly do that during the summer. But what would I practice? I need like, a structured drawing course that takes me through all the motions step by step. AND THAT COSTS MONEYSSSSS.

Just use a paper and pencil and practice.

Self taught artists are kind of cool.

wat

"I'm not being serious when I say these things I just do this to laugh at peoples' reactions to me when they take me so seriously (⌐■_■)"

Not to mention I seem to have this issue with calculating values when I draw. For example, for drawing a character from one of my stories, I made his proportions 1.14 times bigger than mine and shrunk it down to fit the page... And it never took off because of that.

Do it mathematically. take a real figure and a ruler and if you need, a calculator. There's one artist on DA that I subbed on my old account who said he drew like that. He can't freehand it like most of us other artists, so he does it all calculated and the results are pretty stunning, actually.

So if you don't think you can control your pen well, study human proportions from a mathematical sense.

"I'm not being serious when I say these things I just do this to laugh at peoples' reactions to me when they take me so seriously (⌐■_■)"

My memory is awful...

But I guess I did say that because it has the (⌐■_■)

Mm. I guess that's why I'm constantly thinking about stuff. Usually dumb stuff. Very dumb stuff.

Do it mathematically. take a real figure and a ruler and if you need, a calculator. There's one artist on DA that I subbed on my old account who said he drew like that. He can't freehand it like most of us other artists, so he does it all calculated and the results are pretty stunning, actually.

So if you don't think you can control your pen well, study human proportions from a mathematical sense.

Well the other issue is that I want to use mathematics as a "jumping off point" that would eventually lead me to being able to intuitively draw the human figure. But it seems as though this expert you speak of is unable to escape it. So I, who has no artistic potential whatsoever--I would never be able to free draw if I took this angle.

Why is writing so much easier? Sure, I'm not Furetchen-tier, but if I could draw as well as I could write I could at least /look/ at my drawings... and not vomit.

Edited by Lux Aeterna

My memory is awful...

But I guess I did say that because it has the (⌐■_■)

Mm. I guess that's why I'm constantly thinking about stuff. Usually dumb stuff. Very dumb stuff.

That was just me summarizing the 10 times you've said the same thing to me XD

I haven't drawn for months

No, that's definitely the reason!

time to start again i suppose

if you say so

This is why i just scribble inanimate objects

Night Poley~

Yes, just draw something. Even if it's bad. Just draw draw draw draw don't stop keep drawing draw draw draw compare with other stuff draw draw draw draw doodle sketch paint draw draw draw look at tutorials ask people for critic etc etc etc... I haven't drawn in a loooooooooooooong time.

time to start again i suppose

in the summer, my man. Right now I'm in the month of MAYhem, school-wise.

Yes, just draw something. Even if it's bad. Just draw draw draw draw don't stop keep drawing draw draw draw compare with other stuff draw draw draw draw doodle sketch paint draw draw draw look at tutorials ask people for critic etc etc etc... I haven't drawn in a loooooooooooooong time.

Did I also mention that I'm afraid of not being happy with what I draw? That's another thing that prevents me from even starting. ;__;

Yeah I drew a lot when I was little =3 I had fun drawling~

And I would say that just ended up making me get better at it.

If you are afraid of doing it wrong then that won't help you get started at all Lux =[

Edited by Freohr Datia

Fuck

I'm hungry

need food

Well the other issue is that I want to use mathematics as a "jumping off point" that would eventually lead me to being able to intuitively draw the human figure. But it seems as though this expert you speak of is unable to escape it. So I, who has no artistic potential whatsoever--I would never be able to free draw if I took this angle.

You'll still get some sort of muscle memory from it. Eventually you should be able to get used to certain locations and where to put things. This is also a few years back, 3-4 years back at least, I'd say. Who knows, maybe he can freedraw now.

And man, Lux, you don't want to know how bad I was about 4 years ago.

I was fucking terrible.

Edited by Luminescent Blade