FE4 THREAD

Fia

Well well, Act I sure had its loads of cameos and references. Time for Act II. Level 16.

Two handed weapons really suck in this game.

It sure does.

I wonder if Blizzard will fix them in a future patch, expansion or something... or just keep them as traps

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

It sure does.

I wonder if Blizzard will fix them in a future patch, expansion or something... or just keep them as traps

The reach just doesn't compensate for the fact that Monks, Demon Hunters and Barbarians can equip two weapons having much better enchantments combined than a single two handed. And I'm not even talking about the superior speed largely trumping the barely higher damage.

Eastern Sun did the right thing with a lot of Runewords for instance. I guess Blizzard didn't bother to follow since they were too busy following Median.

... I show up in dark cave again, to catch a zubat that I lost before (because of reverted save). I catch it... next pokemon is dunsparce.

Good thing dunsparce isn't good or I'd be pissed.

... I show up in dark cave again, to catch a zubat that I lost before (because of reverted save). I catch it... next pokemon is dunsparce.

Good thing dunsparce isn't good or I'd be pissed.

Dunsparce might not be good but he's super fun to play with.

Unless this is Gen 2, where a Raticate would end up better.

Dunsparce might not be good but he's super fun to play with.

Unless this is Gen 2, where a Raticate would end up better.

He had good-ish defense when Astra was tackling him... and did a good bit of damage, even though he was five levels lower. But when I switched to Pilot and threw a rock at him, he dropped.

Well, it's gen 4 of the gen 2 games, if that makes a difference...

He had good-ish defense when Astra was tackling him... and did a good bit of damage, even though he was five levels lower. But when I switched to Pilot and threw a rock at him, he dropped.

Well, it's gen 4 of the gen 2 games, if that makes a difference...

Well, Dunsparce is one of the few Pokemon that can have Serene Grace (AKA, the reason why Jirachi and Togekiss can [EFF!] you up in competitive play).

Could you remind me what Serene Grace does again?

Doubles the chance that an added effect of a move takes place (i.e. Iron Head goes from 30% flinch chance to 60%).

The reach just doesn't compensate for the fact that Monks, Demon Hunters and Barbarians can equip two weapons having much better enchantments combined than a single two handed. And I'm not even talking about the superior speed largely trumping the barely higher damage.

Eastern Sun did the right thing with a lot of Runewords for instance. I guess Blizzard didn't bother to follow since they were too busy following Median.

And that's how I came to play with a dagger-wielding monk who fights with kicks

Not bad.

Hey Lux

Sirius is too tedious to train right now... Zubat's movepool is so godawful at the start. And it doesn't help that leechlife is so WEAK

I guess I'll catch him up to the rest of the team after sprout tower and the gym...

Man, after dealing with frostbite spiders, those are cute little pets.

Zubat's movepool is so godawful at the start. And it doesn't help that leechlife is so WEAK

I guess I'll catch him up to the rest of the team after sprout tower and the gym...

Yeah... And Astonish is... well, astonishingly awful.

Sirius is too tedious to train right now... Zubat's movepool is so godawful at the start. And it doesn't help that leechlife is so WEAK

I fucking love Crobat though.

I dunno really why, I don't know what a good pokemon is, I just like crobat. It was my favorite pokemon until sigilyph.

Not a fan of golbat's tongue though.

Edited by Hawkeye Hank Hatfield

Yeah... And Astonish is... well, astonishingly awful.

Better than leech life, though... Once he reaches level 13, he gets bite, and THEN he'll start to get useful for real.

I fucking love Crobat though.

So do I, which is kind of why I chose a Zubat, despite shortcomings.

Plus, it's the first flying type I caught in this Nuzlocke run. I didn't even get Pidgey before this.

Which is 'k--Pidgeot (Pigeot?) didn't perform so well in my normal Soul Silver run. I mean, I had the pokemon, but it was underwhelming, especially in the final battle vs. Red.

(Speaking of which, Alakazam MVP)

Edited by Lux Aeterna

Better than leech life, though... Once he reaches level 13, he gets bite, and THEN he'll start to get useful for real.

Well, you got me there.

Also, Lux

Which character's birthday is closest to yours?

Edited by Golden Cucco

Beat Falkner. Pilot made quick work of him. My team after the battle:

Astra (Quilava) - lvl. 14

Pilot (Geodude) - lvl. 15

Sirius (Zubat) - lvl. 6

Get a Gastly.

Also will you trade Pilot to yourself to evolve him? It's doable.

Get a Gastly.

Also will you trade Pilot to yourself to evolve him? It's doable.

I wanted to, but when I went into Sprout Tower, the first pokemon I came across was Rattata... and I hadn't caught it yet. :<

On a rom? I was planning to ditch him after Whitney, but if he can evolve...

Edited by Lux Aeterna

Beat Falkner. Pilot made quick work of him. My team after the battle:

Astra (Quilava) - lvl. 14

Pilot (Geodude) - lvl. 15

Sirius (Zubat) - lvl. 6

Whoa... Then again, that's to be expected when you focus on only two or so Pokemon... But I thought grinding in the Johto games sucked?

Whoa... Then again, that's to be expected when you focus on only two or so Pokemon... But I thought grinding in the Johto games sucked?

Grinding in general sucks, but I can't afford to take any chances with Nuzlocke. If I lose Astra or Pilot, that'll SERIOUSLY set me back. Astra because starter and Pilot because he's a solid (pun unintended) rock-type that will aid me well against Whitney.

The only reason Sirius isn't on the same level is because he's hard to use right now and I'm waiting until the levels scale up a bit so I can grind faster.

I had a Golem and a Gengar and you won't see me with a Gameboy.

Tell me howwwww