FE4 THREAD

Fia

Guts: Attack raises to 1.5 times when induced with a status (BURN, PARALYZE, SLEEP, POISON, FREEZE). BURN’s effect of lowering Attack is not applied.

Guts doesn't apply when the Pokemon with it is frozen solid.

Edited by BLS

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno. I think it DOES, but it doesn't matter really anyways since a Frozen mon can't attack at all, and when it thaws, it won't have a stat ailment anymore and the boost'll be gone.

Now that you put it that way, there is no way ever to verify whether or not a Frozen Pokemon will receive its Guts boost.

Now that you put it that way, there is no way ever to verify whether or not a Frozen Pokemon will receive its Guts boost.

Complicated hacking that's ultimately not worth it.

Indeed. Also, on the subject of abilities, Magma Armor's pretty useless, considering freezing is the rarest status ailment.

Edited by Golden Cucco

Complicated hacking that's ultimately not worth it.

Who knows what the future will hold on Pokemon modding....there's already script editing for Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

Indeed. Also, on the subject of abilities, Magma Armor's pretty useless, considering freezing is the rarest status ailment.

I wouldn't say "useless" since there are those "Pilot's Luck" scenarios that can be prevented with Magma Armor.

(Looking at you Brycen in Blaze Black/Volt White!)

And what Zak said about eggs hatching in half the time.

Edited by BLS

It halves the time it takes for eggs to hatch. :/

Guts. Also, in HGSS, Chuck's Breloom has a Toxic Orb in the rematch. I know exactly why... do you?

Epic Regen. >=D

I wouldn't say "useless" since there are those "Pilot's Luck" scenarios that can be prevented with Magma Armor.

(Looking at you Brycen in Blaze Black/Volt White!)

And what Zak said about eggs hatching in half the time.

Well, that's true, although Slugma and Magcargo are just plain awful, and Camerupt's... not that great IMO. And it doesn't help that in Camerupr's case, it's competing with Solid Rock for an ability.

Edited by Golden Cucco

That's why I never buy no more than a couple Burn/Ice Heals.

You can't get Flame Body pokemon in RSE though (aside from Slugma and Magcargo but yeah) IIRC so there's that.

True. And again, Camerupt's not that great, in my humble opinion.

Well, that's true, although Slugma and Magcargo are just plain awful

Not to mention that they are the ugliest looking Pokemon who Magcargo has a 4X weakness to both Water and Ground type moves. x.x Respect all Pokemon, yes. But Slugma/Magcargo x.x

Edited by アイネ

True. And again, Camerupt's not that great, in my humble opinion.

You don't use them in battle, you keep them in your party when breeding to make eggs hatch faster. That's all they're there for.

You don't use them in battle, you keep them in your party when breeding to make eggs hatch faster. That's all they're there for.

All I ever use them for.

Play those Pokemon hacks that Drayano made then.

The trainers actually have better moveset sense in those hacks. xP

Edited by アイネ

Oh yeah Magma Armor and Flame Body's egg-related abilities only work in Emerald and beyond. So yeah in RSE and FRLG they're useless well Magma Armor is anyways.

Edited by Zak defender of...