FE4 THREAD

Fia

You would love SRWD, then. It's SHIN GETTER's game.

I know, but it still doesn't sit well with me. But I guess if it works with the newer SRW games, no problem. I can't see it working on older stuff, tho.

The Shin Getter story ends in one route's chapter 16 though.

I have sources that say not to get any Sonic games on Steam yet. There'll be a better one later or something.

Expound.

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

The Shin Getter story ends in one route's chapter 16 though.

Don't worry. The chapters are huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge, and it all feels satisfying. Also it's pretty much the best unit in the game so yeah. Garland is a bit better but still

Ys origin is a must. Batman Arkham City's a maybe, Devil May Cry 3's another maybe and whatever catches my eye I suppose. Shouldn't buy too much though, already got lots to play.

Ah nice. Definitely getting Ys as well and probably Fable 3. Devil may cry 3 is really good. The best dmc imo but kinda hard.

If I remember correctly, some of D's Chapters are split into two parts, so technically it's not Chapter 16, in a way.

It'll go with what the title says before you enter the level with the final fight. Quick question though, are SPs recovered for entering the second part of a chapter?

Ah nice. Definitely getting Ys as well and probably Fable 3. Devil may cry 3 is really good. The best dmc imo but kinda hard.

@DMC3: I've beaten it on the PS2 collection and I wanted to try S ranking it and such, problem is the PS2's gone, my PS3 has no backwards compatibility and I don't have a controller to play it on the PC... yet. So that's why it's a "Maybe" atm. And yeah, DMC3 being the best is why I'm somewhat hesitant on even bothering with 4.

Edited by Sirius

It'll go with what the title says before you enter the level with the final fight. Quick question though, are SPs recovered for entering the second part of a chapter?

IIRC, yes.

Makes ya wonder, why not just label them as separate chapters. Oh well.

Maybe because they're so connected it would feel redundant.

IIRC there was one chapter in SRW4 that did just what you said.

Makes ya wonder, why not just label them as separate chapters. Oh well.

Think of it like PoR's Chapter 17. One big scene, but split up. Though each count as separate gameplay-wise.

Speaking of Shin/Getter Robo I always liked using Hayato more than Ryouma. /0\

Hayato's the lucky one. In W, I think Shin Getter 2 has Shin Mach Special in addition to Open Get which, if I'm right, it's giving him 2 abilities to do Double Image (50% chance at dodging anything). Getter 1's always the boss killer... Always.

Edited by Sirius

@DMC3: I've beaten it on the PS2 collection and I wanted to try S ranking it and such, problem is the PS2's gone, my PS3 has no backwards compatibility and I don't have a controller to play it on the PC... yet. So that's why it's a "Maybe" atm. And yeah, DMC3 being the best is why I'm somewhat hesitant on even bothering with 4.

Ah i see. Yeah DMC4 is meh. I just couldn't get into it. DMC4 was boring until like chapter 17 or 18 where you start fighting the final boss. the repeated levels was just meh.

Hayato's the lucky one. In W, I think Shin Getter 2 has Shin Mach Special in addition to Open Get which, if I'm right, it's giving him 2 abilities to do Double Image (50% chance at dodging anything). Getter 1's always the boss killer... Always.

That's pretty cool it's like his Z2 ace bonus which gives him +20 or 30% more to his Shin Getter Vision. (So 50% after image also) But then in Z2.2 it got changed to +2 movement and +20 mobility at 150 will which is still good.

Indeed.

Well, Afterimage sure is nice.

Yeah especially if all the generics decide to focus fire on him.

Just wondering have there been a game where Getter or Mazinger were not good mechs?

Just wondering have there been a game where Getter or Mazinger were not good mechs?

Mazinger is kinda eh in SRW4. He's good in the early game, but then you gain more and more flying units, and he gets the Pilder so damn late... And then you are in space.

That's pretty cool it's like his Z2 ace bonus which gives him +20 or 30% more to his Shin Getter Vision. (So 50% after image also) But then in Z2.2 it got changed to +2 movement and +20 mobility at 150 will which is still good.

Indeed.

@Bold: If dondon played SRW, he'd probably fap to this lol.

Mazinger might be bad on SRW D since the damage formula properly take Armor into account from what Acacia has told me.

Ah i see. Yeah DMC4 is meh. I just couldn't get into it. DMC4 was boring until like chapter 17 or 18 where you start fighting the final boss. the repeated levels was just meh.

I must (partially) contradict this opinion. The last boss was really

really

poorly designed imo

number one reason I never finish a playthrough is because fuck that fight

Nero is fun to play as too, and Dante having access to all his styles at once is 2SSStylish4me

The backtracking is dumb though. But all in all, I think it's worthwhile.

I must (partially) contradict this opinion. The last boss was really

really

poorly designed imo

number one reason I never finish a playthrough is because fuck that fight

Nero is fun to play as too, and Dante having access to all his styles at once is 2SSStylish4me

Are these anything like the DMC3 Styles he had? If so, holy shit.

Mazinger might be bad on SRW D since the damage formula properly take Armor into account from what Acacia has told me.

Pretty much. It's due to an emphasis on the pilot's defensive stat. You need both it and the mecha's Armor to be high in order to have proper defense. The downside is that if you do that then you can't up the pilot's accuracy stat to have proper hit as well.

This is why Shin Getter has an edge over other Supers, due to Afterimage+OpenGet combo.

Mazinger is kinda eh in SRW4. He's good in the early game, but then you gain more and more flying units, and he gets the Pilder so damn late... And then you are in space.

Pretty much. It's due to an emphasis on the pilot's defensive stat. You need both it and the mecha's Armor to be high in order to have proper defense. The downside is that if you do that then you can't up the pilot's accuracy stat to have proper hit as well.

This is why Shin Getter has an edge over other Supers, due to Afterimage+OpenGet combo.

I see, thanks.

Lol,it would be too inefficient for him though since you need to get that will up first. Though morale was a really good skill in Z2 and 2.2 since it gave +10 will at the start instead of +5.

Edited by Generic Operator