FE4 THREAD

Fia

Am I the only one who finds the Bride class stupid?

I love being a jellyfish Tron bride. :\

And it's actually a good median class for most girls in the game - most of them can utilize all the weapons without having to waste a significant amount of resources/pair up to do a insignificant amount of damage with their absolutely beautiful magic stat (looking at you, endgame Chrom with 2 magic).

I'm a perfectionist, so if anyone's reclassing or promoting into something, I rarely see the point in doing so if they can't use all the weapons available successfully.

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

And it's actually a good median class for most girls in the game - most of them can utilize all the weapons without having to waste a significant amount of resources/pair up to do a insignificant amount of damage with their absolutely beautiful magic stat (looking at you, endgame Chrom with 2 magic).

I'm a perfectionist, so if anyone's reclassing or promoting into something, I rarely see the point in doing so if they can't use all the weapons available successfully.

Heheh. I like "Jellyfish Tron Bride". So you noticed too? I actually consider that a beautiful aesthetic effect. Also, I kinda agree on the whole thing about Brides not having one of their attack options neutered compared to Dread Fighters (how many males aside from Morgan and Avatar even have the magic stat to do anything with tomes??).

Edited by Levant Fortner

I like your perfectionism, the only thing is that they could have found a better class for women in my opinion, something similar to the Dread Fighter one...

Heheh. I like "Jellyfish Tron Bride". So you noticed too? I actually consider that a beautiful aesthetic effect. Also, I kinda agree on the whole thing about Brides not having one of their attack options neutered compared to Dread Fighters (how many males aside from Morgan and Avatar even have the magic stat to do anything with tomes??).

Ricken, Henry and Libra, and conversely, their sons.

Although Brady's mother provides him with the magic needed to use tomes properly, and so does Laurent.

I'm actually making a Dread Fighter Brigade on my Canon!Silvia file - using Ricken!Owain (with a specialty in tomes), Vaike!Brady (with a specialty in axes), and Chrom!Inigo (with a specialty in swords). I might have give Inigo a bit of a boost to be able to do anything with tomes, but he should be A-Okay if his mother does well enough.

And I know, it's so pretty! The effect is devastatingly lovely on blondes/bluenettes.

I like your perfectionism, the only thing is that they could have found a better class for women in my opinion, something similar to the Dread Fighter one...

What sucks is the lack of a magic option for Brides.

I mean, if you could counterattack/attack with staves, that would be pretty amazing but alas. The only "magical" weapon we can use are Shocksticks, which only have a range of 1 compared to Levin Swords and Bolt Axes 1-2 range AND they're fairly rare.

Edited by Vashiane

What sucks is the lack of a magic option for Brides.

I mean, if you could counterattack/attack with staves, that would be pretty amazing but alas. The only "magical" weapon we can use are Shocksticks, which only have a range of 1 compared to Levin Swords and Bolt Axes 1-2 range AND they're fairly rare.

This is why I believe they shouldn't had made Brides use every weapon that Dread Fighters don't use.

When I noticed that I was wondering why they made Shocksticks close ranged.

I was wondering why they made Shocksticks close ranged.

I was wondering that as well - at least they're still better than Levin Swords in FESD and the Bolt Axe in FE9.

This is why I believe they shouldn't had made Brides use every weapon that Dread Fighters don't use.

When I noticed that I was wondering why they made Shocksticks close ranged.

Or at least switched tomes and bows around. That would be a decent trade.

I was wondering that as well - at least they're still better than Levin Swords in FESD and the Bolt Axe in FE9.

Someone posted someone that shocksticks got "the short end of the stick".

Or at least switched tomes and bows around. That would be a decent trade.

But then you'd likely have both classes obsoleted by classes that were accessible within the game itself.

Well sorry I just felt they could have done something different...

There's a lot that could have been done differently in hindsight... like a plot, IS, please and thank you but the game's done and there's not much we can do about it but hope they learn from their mistakes and make it better.

That still doesn't stop me from bitching about it...

Don't worry. At least to me you're not being held against anything. After all, if it hadn't been you, it would've been someone else... it's the sad truth, but a truth nonetheless.

That still doesn't stop me from bitching about it...

LOL. :)

Trust me, the lack of plot is frustrating...

Well, hang on. It's not really a LACK of plot so much as it is too much plot and too little time to explain it. Like if they'd used the 7 chapters on Valm to focus on Grima a bit more, I would have loved that.

LOL. :)

Trust me, the lack of plot is frustrating...

Well, hang on. It's not really a LACK of plot so much as it is too much plot and too little time to explain it. Like if they'd used the 7 chapters on Valm to focus on Grima a bit more, I would have loved that.

Especially explain just how Lucina escaped when Grima was about to eat her up...

Edited by James Bond

Especially explain just how Lucina escaped when Grima was about to eat her up...

Or how we - as in the Avatar - crafted a master plan based off of a dream without anyone knowing ANYTHING.

Seriously. I think whoever wrote the story forgot a very important rule of writing: "Show, don't tell." There was a LOT of telling going on - we were never SHOWN anything.

Edited by Vashiane

Seriously. I think whoever wrote the story forgot a very important rule of writing: "Show, don't tell." There was a LOT of telling going on - we were never SHOWN anything.

On the other hand, unspoken plans tend to be the most successful ones...

I think that since the time travel speed up events, it lead to what we have. Perhaps if instead the game had been about the original events, tweaked enough of course so there wouldn't be a downer ending, you'd probably have enough space to work with (since you'd then have about 13 paralogues that could be turned into regular chapters or something). But well, that didn't happen...

Very true. I forgot about this page. [/nodnod]

But there wasn't even the SLIGHTEST mention that the Avatar was thinking of ANYTHING.

For example, after the events of chapter nine unfold, Basilio rushes everyone out of Plegia Castle without letting Chrom retrieve Emmeryn's body. This is mentioned, and therefore it's not THAT implausible when she turns up alive again.

But Basilio is fully believed to be dead, and there is NO evidence deterring us from this belief - so when he shows up again in chapter 23, it feels.. cheaper. With Emmeryn, if you were Genre Savvy enough you could have guessed that we'd see her again, but Basilio's return - and the plan - came out of nowhere.

There you see now we are bitching together ^__^

Without the DLC, this game wouldn't have last that long...

We sure are, aren't we?

Especially since it doesn't save your progress from the endgame chapter, so there's no reason not to stick around and try to fight out as many as you can.

Am I the only one who finds the Bride class stupid?

No. And I admit the idea was lol.

But do I care? Nope.

Without the DLC, this game wouldn't have last that long...

Actually I'd disagree on that point.

Most of the crap I do is OFF DLC.

Besides Future of Despair, the rest of the DLC are catering to a niche crowd WITHIN the FE fans.

So if you take out the fanservice and challenge DLCs, those legacy DLC maps are pretty... stupid with their attempt at a "plot" for the series of maps with the Spirit Talismans (Einherjar or whatever the hell they're called) .