• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

So...what do you then? I thought you had a law degree?

Finding a way to explain it...logically.

having a degree in law doesn't make me a lawyer

oh my

So, what are you doing with your law degree, since logic says law = lawyer?

yeah you need to pass the bar to be a lawyer

basically this

It will take a while...hope your patient.

you have one hour then

basically this

you have one hour then

So, don't want to take the exam?

lol, well you're competing with others for my time right now and heated pokemon discussions are happening right now...Gotta love competitive battling.

Not along, it will be on the plate. Yes, it can still feel quakes, but it won't be origin of them, you see?

No, it's actually on the general area of the border. An earthquakes happens when pent-up energy generated by the moving of the earth needs to be released. This is why it happens on the border of plates, or in fault lines generated by them. And of course are underneath, since it's there where the movement happens. But again, only on the borders. Theoretically, if the plate still existed it would be already underneath the likes of Colorado, and you don't have quakes originating there. At least, not tectonic related quaking.

Hmm, yeah guess it is part of the pacific plate... I had actually thought it was its own individual plate but I guess that was just me thinking of the name specifically for that part of the fault line. But... are you saying suddenly there will be no plate adjacent to it once it leaves the continent?? That there will be a big gap? I'm really lost... Because even after it drifts away from the continent, I would think that it would still be the edge of the plate. And the edge is where there will be activity. And it could still interact with the oceanic plate. Or will this plate become majorly divergent so that new land starts emerging between North America and the Pacific? I don't know what they are predicting would happen and it sounds like you've looked into this subject a lot or something.

Oh, so you seem to think I'm saying it stays under extending the entire way. That's not what I'm saying. To a certain extent there's still a plate rubbing underneath the continent. The rest of it has probably just sunken further or dissolved. But California is not that deep into the continent. Are you changing the subject on me again?? You need to stop that!! Or maybe I just need to stop talking about this because you'll probably do that to me again...

Edited by Freohr Datia

i have a friend who has windows 8 skype and there are just so many things my windows XP skype can do that his can't.

I just need it to chat, but the main person I talked to on there, forgets to login, so email has become our IM. * shrug * it works either way.

So, don't want to take the exam?

lol, well you're competing with others for my time right now and heated pokemon discussions are happening right now...Gotta love competitive battling.

Nope

And you're competing with PoE for my time

Reduced mana here I go

ARE YOU SURE

I'm a manchild, Shirley

How fun

Yes for some reason I am sure nothing is alright. :(

...Manchild. And then I already read your explanation for why you call yourself that. I guess I am too, except I'm not a man.

AND NO TE. More PoE? >_> Have fun?

Nope

And you're competing with PoE for my time

Reduced mana here I go

So what do you actually do as a civil servant?

PoE is what? I'm so behind in the gaming world...no internet for a month+, haven't touched a video game in over 3.

Edited by Hatari

Yes for some reason I am sure nothing is alright. :(

...Manchild. And then I already read your explanation for why you call yourself that. I guess I am too, except I'm not a man.

AND NO TE. More PoE? >_> Have fun?

Why so pessimistic

That means you can never be a manchild! ... well, kinda.

No what

I'm not racing anymore this season, just playing it normally

So what do you actually do as a civil servant?

PoE is what? I'm so behind in the gaming world...no internet for a month+, haven't touched a video game in over 3.

Law research

Look at my sig

Law research

Look at my sig

That actually sounds kinda fun....

Hold on, I need to turn them on.

you know google to reply to most of your questions right

...But then the conversation would die, geez. If you want me to shut up, just tell me.

Hmm, yeah guess it is part of the pacific plate... I had actually thought it was its own individual plate but I guess that was just me thinking of the name specifically for that part of the fault line. But... are you saying suddenly there will be no plate adjacent to it once it leaves the continent?? That there will be a big gap? I'm really lost... Because even after it drifts away from the continent, I would think that it would still be the edge of the plate. And the edge is where there will be activity. And it could still interact with the oceanic plate. Or will this plate become majorly divergent so that new land starts emerging between North America and the Pacific? I don't know what they are predicting would happen and it sounds like you've looked into this subject a lot or something.

Oh, so you seem to think I'm saying it stays under extending the entire way. That's not what I'm saying. To a certain extent there's still a plate rubbing underneath the continent. The rest of it has probably just sunken further or dissolved. But California is not that deep into the continent. Are you changing the subject on me again?? You need to stop that!! Or maybe I just need to stop talking about this because you'll probably do that to me again...

Okay, yes, it will remain near the edge, but since it will break off from the rest of the landmass, it is now the submerged land between the island and the rest of the continent the one sliding against the North American plate. Keep in mind that the island will be diagonally going northwest-southeast, though not at a very large angle, and the movement of the Pacific plate is almost straight northbound, so it can't really move away from the edge.

No, I know that. I agree the plate still goes a little bit before dissolving. My point was that it's only at the plate boundary where activity happens. This is because when they submerge their movement is actually a bit diagonal, into the mantle, so they're not making a tectonic plate sandwich, so there's actually no rubbing beyond the plate boundary area. What, when did I changed the subject? I had no idea!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Why so pessimistic

That means you can never be a manchild! ... well, kinda.

No what

I'm not racing anymore this season, just playing it normally

But that's how...I've been?

Kinda? But I'm almost doing the same thing except no PoE.

No PoE? But I see...

as a librarian it's my job to help people research better

as an unempolyed librarian i get to extend my powers to the internets more often

As a historian, I know how to research. I could research circles around you dio <3.

That actually sounds kinda fun....

Hold on, I need to turn them on.

...But then the conversation would die, geez. If you want me to shut up, just tell me.

In what world

Silly Hatari

But that's how...I've been?

Kinda? But I'm almost doing the same thing except no PoE.

No PoE? But I see...

It's okay Shirley

Unless you become a man, you can't be a manchild

No PoE races, I was forced to skip too many and can't make to the next milestone

What do you see