• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

"However, for a Leo man, honesty and devotion are meaningless."

I don't say this much but...

FUCK YOU INTERNET.

My Leo is one of the most honest (slash blunt~) people I've ever met and loves to say all that is on his mind x3

Hi TE!

What. So Rey is of the same sign as my penguin? :<

Olivia has the same birthday as the penguin.

Hi Shirley

You know what that clearly means

"However, for a Leo man, honesty and devotion are meaningless."

I don't say this much but...

FUCK YOU INTERNET.

Virgo at heart

I agree they're pretty much bullshit though

that kind of thing is going to follow me forever isn't it

so be it, call me the prince of bodily fluids

the new generations don't know though

or do they

Edited by OldMan

What does it mean?

Think about it

You must be the Leo maiden in the relationship

Yes

Also Marthur, question 1

'Seisen no Keifu' is more of a paralogue, so we made various experiments with it.

Q. This game's maps are large, and you always have to seize at least two, if not even five castles to clear a chapter. Why did you make such a drastic change?

A. Thing is, 'Seisen no Keifu' doesn't follow the same line as the FE games so far. It's more of a paralogue, we made various experiments with the mechanics.

The maps were one of those experiments, but we made them like that because we wanted to portrait a large world. The previous games had small maps for each chapter, so it really felt like you were fightining local battles - you'd go forward by just dealing with whatever was in front of your eyes, no big picture. It's different this time - we made it so that you'd feel the flow of the story as you played. That's why we decided to show NPCs - like Elto's troops in chapter 2 and Mahnya's group in chapter 4 - fightining at the same time as the PCs: to show how large that world is. Many people fighting at the same time, in different places and for different reasons brings about a greater sense of realism, don't you think?

Also Marthur, question 1

'Seisen no Keifu' is more of a paralogue, so we made various experiments with it.

Q. This game's maps are large, and you always have to seize at least two, if not even five castles to clear a chapter. Why did you make such a drastic change?

A. Thing is, 'Seisen no Keifu' doesn't follow the same line as the FE games so far. It's more of a paralogue, we made various experiments with the mechanics.

The maps were one of those experiments, but we made them like that because we wanted to portrait a large world. The previous games had small maps for each chapter, so it really felt like you were fightining local battles - you'd go forward by just dealing with whatever was in front of your eyes, no big picture. It's different this time - we made it so that you'd feel the flow of the story as you played. That's why we decided to show NPCs - like Elto's troops in chapter 2 and Mahnya's group in chapter 4 - fightining at the same time as the PCs: to show how large that world is. Many people fighting at the same time, in different places and for different reasons brings about a greater sense of realism, don't you think?

I agree!

Though, it's weird to hear FE4 being refered as a gaiden. I guess Kaga planned to have more games in the Akaneia region.

I agree!

Though, it's weird to hear FE4 being refered as a gaiden. I guess Kaga planned to have more games in the Akaneia region.

Even Gaiden was very clearly set in the same time and world as FE1, though

As FE4 breaks away with that, calling it a gaiden would be appropriate indeed

Question 2!

We wanted to display clearly why Celice had to fight.

Q. The two generation system is this game's key characteristic. How did you have that idea?

A. The main part of this story is the second one, with Celice as protagonist. The first part is a legend, an introduction to clearly show why Celice had to fight. We wanted to display clearly why there was a war going on in Celice's time, his background, the responsibilities he was shouldering.

The first half ends tragically, and I'm sure some players opposed that quite strongly. But both allies and enemies had their own reasons to fight. If we didn't portray that, we'd risk turning it into an unrealistic world of poetic justice, and we wanted to avoid that.

This and that happened in the past, and then a new story begins with the children as its focus; why Celice is fighting, and how he's living through the war. That's what we wanted to show, in a realistic way.