Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Even Gaiden was very clearly set in the same time and world as FE1, though

As FE4 breaks away with that, calling it a gaiden would be appropriate indeed

Yeah, I suppose it isn't that weird, when there was only 4 games at the time.

Question 2!

We wanted to display clearly why Celice had to fight.

Q. The two generation system is this game's key characteristic. How did you have that idea?

A. The main part of this story is the second one, with Celice as protagonist. The first part is a legend, an introduction to clearly show why Celice had to fight. We wanted to display clearly why there was a war going on in Celice's time, his background, the responsibilities he was shouldering.

The first half ends tragically, and I'm sure some players opposed that quite strongly. But both allies and enemies had their own reasons to fight. If we didn't portray that, we'd risk turning it into an unrealistic world of poetic justice, and we wanted to avoid that.

This and that happened in the past, and then a new story begins with the children as its focus; why Celice is fighting, and how he's living through the war. That's what we wanted to show, in a realistic way.

Don't have much to say about this part.

And we all know why they will.

MAN

No

Roaches and flies can't go extinct

Everything cute can and will be

I hate roaches. I'll burn them all.

THEY WILL NOT.

Now how are you going to do that, little psycho girl

Did you just call me a little girl

I will uh... hunt down anything that tries to hunt down the penguins.

Question 3

The foolishness common to all humans is the theme

Q. Since we're talking about the game's core: honestly, what would be the theme of this game?

A. We've kept this consistent ever since the FE1 and Gaiden.

When humans dive into the depths of the dangers of the foolishness that's common to all of them, what do they find? That's the cause of war, and war is a pointless tragedy. Peace, too, is never eternal, being always in danger of being broken; so, wars are repeated over and over, no matter where.

The Akaneia games, with Marth as their protagonist, is also based on that reality, but it's focused on what a kind-hearted man like Marth would do if war knocked on his door.

However, there are kind-hearted people in the enemy camp, as well; they aren't monsters who attack brainlessly. This time, we have the likes of Alvis and Trabant, who are indeed enemies and truly do some despicable things for their own ends, but they aren't evil to the core. What were they thinking when they decided to take part in the war, how will they make their moves, and what will be their ends?

So, in the end, even the winner has to pay a hefty price in war, strength alone isn't enough. War is born of human foolishness, and that warning is part of the theme.

I hate roaches. I'll burn them all.

THEY WILL NOT.

/patpatpat

I see Shirley likes Righty.

Question 3

The foolishness common to all humans is the theme

Q. Since we're talking about the game's core: honestly, what would be the theme of this game?

A. We've kept this consistent ever since the FE1 and Gaiden.
When humans dive into the depths of the dangers of the foolishness that's common to all of them, what do they find? That's the cause of war, and war is a pointless tragedy. Peace, too, is never eternal, being always in danger of being broken; so, wars are repeated over and over, no matter where.
The Akaneia games, with Marth as their protagonist, is also based on that reality, but it's focused on what a kind-hearted man like Marth would do if war knocked on his door.
However, there are kind-hearted people in the enemy camp, as well; they aren't monsters who attack brainlessly. This time, we have the likes of Alvis and Trabant, who are indeed enemies and truly do some despicable things for their own ends, but they aren't evil to the core. What were they thinking when they decided to take part in the war, how will they make their moves, and what will be their ends?
So, in the end, even the winner has to pay a hefty price in war, strength alone isn't enough. War is born of human foolishness, and that warning is part of the theme.

I wish the current IS could remember that.

>_>

WHAT?

And what BLS. WHY AM I LITTLE. Unless you're super tall or something. (Taller than 5'10" is considered tall to me.)

Edited by Shirley

Or having a use that gets overlooked >_>

That'd be like feeling useless.

I felt bad. But now I feel even worse.

What, why?! I was trying to say that you're better. D: