• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally start up Ys 1. Have to double-take, make sure I didn't load up Origins by mistake. Enjoy seeing the tower with the little annex thing, the harmonica, etc.

...Realize I loathe the combat system, and find myself constantly wishing I actually was playing Origins again.

This was me in a nutshell when I played Ys 1. A lot of boss encounter design was really poor, especially later on too, IMO. Apparently Dark Fact on Hard or higher is pretty much RNG.

Edited by Interest

I finished chapter 1 in lunatic, then decided to ragesleep after failing chapter 2 multiple times. Anyone have suggestions?

Pair Frederick with Avatar and get to a fort ASAP.

Frederick emblem is the way to go there

Or more fluffy birds.

The sound of dying charmander was horrifying...

I'll have nightmares for weeks.

gg squirtle.

As opposed to the usual violence Pokemon subject each other to.

What I did was make sure that fred has the elixir and a sword through trade chains, and pair Fred up with Sully and have Sully reach a forest tile then switch to Fred. I didn't do +def MU, so I only had her draw a bit of fire from him on the edges. Turn on full check enemy range and stuff everyone else into the places where enemies can't reach you through pairing up.

It's a bit luck based because Fred needs to dodge things (which is what the sword is for) but Chapter 2 is just awful on L/+ it's hard to do it completely reliably

Maybe with def MU there's a reliable way if you did that, but mine wasn't so I went straight-up fredemblem

Edited by Ezio Auditore da Firenze

What I did was make sure that fred has the elixir and a sword through trade chains, and pair Fred up with Sully and have Sully reach a forest tile then switch to Fred. I didn't do +def MU, so I only had her draw a bit of fire from him on the edges. Turn on full check enemy range and stuff everyone else into the places where enemies can't reach you through pairing up.

It's a bit luck based because Fred needs to dodge things (which is what the sword is for) but Chapter 2 is just awful on L/+ it's hard to do it completely reliably

Maybe with def MU there's a reliable way if you did that, but mine wasn't so I went straight-up fredemblem

Yeah, I'm trying to do that right now. On a previous attempt Frederick got hit with a 36 chance to hit and DIED BECAUSE OF IT

I was so mad

Dear Frederick,

You are an idiot. You like getting hit by axes with 30 percent hit rates while holding a sword. By not dodging a single axe strike, you have caused me to reset chapter 2 numerous times. If I manage to get through lunatic mode, I hate you forever.

Sincerely, Sangyul

SERIOUSLY ALL HE HAS TO DO IS DODGE ONE 30 PERCENT CHANCE TO GET HIT AND I WOULDN'T HAVE TO START THE ENTIRE CHAPTER AGAIN

I'VE HAD SEVERAL PERFECTLY GOOD RUNS SPOILED BECAUSE OF THAT

I know that feel man

C2 had more resets than everything else in the game added together on my L run p much

It was basically: reset until fred fucking dodges those 30s

Edited by Ezio Auditore da Firenze