FE4 THREAD

Fia

Heh, I remember having a goddamn hard time against them Slakings. I actually liked that Pokemon so I didn't bother much. I hated Vigoroth, tho.

I have no idea what XY is about, what the fuck is this Fairy type?

Slacking, the one I remember most is the one you fight at the final boss of Colosseum. Game's shock full of double battles and that fucker packs Earthquake.

It's a new type they added to pokemon and it's bullshit. It's strong against Dark, Dragon and Fighting types... yeah, Fairies beat Dragons.

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked a lot of the Gen 3 Pokémon, but the game kinda fell flat after Norman. The sea routes were boring and the Elite Four was terrible except Steven.

Most of the new additions weren't that necessary. Abilities are fun but they heavily favorise some Pokémon over others, natures could be a lot simpler for just offense/defense/speed, contests and poffins were pretty meh, ivs got made even worse.

But hey it has motherfucking Aggron, Salamence, Sharpedo, Camerupt, Cacturne and Metagross. That's good enough I guess.

Kinda funny the game is being loved so much when it wasn't that interesting back in the day. Reminds me of Majora's Mask since both fanbases are especially rabid.

My problem with the sea routes is that you end up getting pretty much all the end game battling water pokemon. Specially if it's Sapphire because of Team Aqua. I actually had trouble with him back when I played the game

Abilities were a nice addition but I feel like some of them are just ridiculous. Poffins were actually gen 4.

Yes, yes, and yes.

I think this whole thing is more because the Gen I and II games got remakes and Ruby and Sapphire didn't get one in Gen V.

I actually liked Mega Pinsir. It looks like a water roach, which I'd say is pretty fucking menacing. Also Heracross looks awesome, same with Blastoise and Blaziken. Manetric looks retarded, tho.

Manectric looks terrible anyways, so I didn't expect much. Blastoise is kinda neat, I suppose, due to hand-cannons.

I like Lucario's because it doesn't go over the top with changing the Pokemon's appearance. Plus, it's useful.

Slacking, the one I remember most is the one you fight at the final boss of Colosseum. Game's shock full of double battles and that fucker packs Earthquake.

It's a new type they added to pokemon and it's bullshit. It's strong against Dark, Dragon and Fighting types... yeah, Fairies beat Dragons.

Motherfucker is a poke-version of Jabba the Hut. A fat fucker that barely moves yet has quite some power.

Well, Dragon typing was pretty op, but still they were pretty rare in most games. I can see they creating another type to counter them fairies.

Both have their counters. Norman's Slaking hates Protect, Whitney's Miltank does a pretty poor job against a well trained Geodude or Onix.

I don't even know how Mawile got its Steel type. Looks more like Dark to me.

I still don't know why Gyarados have that Flying-type

My real problem with Fairy type is not even that, is that it's weak to steel. WHY?

Manectric looks terrible anyways, so I didn't expect much. Blastoise is kinda neat, I suppose, due to hand-cannons.

I like Lucario's because it doesn't go over the top with changing the Pokemon's appearance. Plus, it's useful.

Actually it looks miserable. Houndoom looks fucking METAL, too. Overall they are 50/50, I'd say.

Motherfucker is a poke-version of Jabba the Hut. A fat fucker that barely moves yet has quite some power.

Well, Dragon typing was pretty op, but still they were pretty rare in most games. I can see they creating another type to counter them fairies.

Dragon type wasn't OP. Just because they like making pseudo-legendary and most of the most recent legendaries Dragon, doesn't mean the type is OP.

It's only effective against itself, for gods sake.

Fairies are soft. Steel hits hard.

Of course. even though there is Mawile

Edited by Tonton

I'm so sleepy so I really can't play this game anymore

But maybe my sleepiness made me see this, sleepiness or idk what... (and this game is a game where you are given random letters and you're supposed to make as many words out from those letters as you can~)

I still don't know why Gyarados have that Flying-type

Magikarp jumped over a waterfall like a motherfucking salmon or something.

Iron is a typical weakness to fairies. The poison one is the harder one to understand other than trying to fix the metagame.

Dragon type wasn't OP. Just because they like making pseudo-legendary and most of the most recent legendaries Dragon, doesn't mean the type is OP.

OTOH, it's only resisted by Steel, and most Dragons can do something about Steels.

I love this reasoning and wish it actually were the case, but I actually read it has something to do with the typical folklore of fairies involving metal being hazardous to them.

Actually it looks miserable. Houndoom looks fucking METAL, too. Overall they are 50/50, I'd say.

Houndoom may well be my favourite Pokemon, and I was pleased when I saw it had a Mega Evolution. Plus, it doesn't suck!

I feel like Dragon was only made to give Ice types a legit use on a regular team.

I love this reasoning and wish it actually were the case, but I actually read it has something to do with the typical folklore of fairies involving metal being hazardous to them.

Yeah it was a joke. Type weaknesses have always been weird and there's always been debate to try and justify them. In the end it's just a game and we have to accept them no matter how absurd they are.

I dunno I found fairies > dragon making sense since the dragon always gets slain in standard fairy tales

But more importantly

My bunnies kill dragons hell yeah bunny dragonslayers

Edited by Thor Odinson

who needs ice types

use a water type and slap ice beam on it

only about three of them can't use it

Basically this. And there's even Protean!Greninja now.

You know, Weezing should have a Mega Evolution. It would be one huge living tumor that breathes diseases and bleeds acid

Dafuq, man.

You know a type that sucks? Grass. And this annoys me because I like Grass-types :c

I dunno I found fairies > dragon making sense since the dragon always gets slain in standard fairy tales

I think I've actually seen a good explanation on why Fairies are effective against Dragons, but I'm too lazy to go look for it and it is in Portuguese IIRC, so I would have to translate it and I'm too lazy for that too.

You know a type that sucks? Grass. And this annoys me because I like Grass-types :c

Poison has it worse, IMO, considering that it only had one SE target for four generations running, and said type tended to be paired with poison resistant types (most common being Poison itself).

Dafuq, man.

I guess I've been hearing too much death metal.

Grass is terrible. Even Poison is a type with more dignity.

Grass has some pretty good users. I'm actually pleased they nerfed Breloom for once since he kept getting buffed all the time.

But a Spore nerf, Low Sweep not being boosted by Technican anymore and the introduction of Gale fucking Wings is definitely good against that thing.