• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

guys if you're not in college yet

don't become a cs major

if you do

don't take 3 project courses at once

or you'll end up like me

it's 12 am and I'm just eating dinner because I spent the last 7 hours writing code because I had a deadline

And I couldn't have done it earlier because i had deadlines for my other projects

/ded

Too bad it's late for me. Well, not that particular career, and a completely different problem altogether with the one I'm in, but... well, it's also hard times for me...

I can probably also add my own piece of advice: when you enter college, be sure to actually double think what you may be getting into, and if it's really what you want in case you still haven't decided, or you may start to regret it...

/miserable

Edited by Acacia Sgt

don't become a cs major

if you do

or you'll end up like me

it's 12 am and I'm just eating dinner because I spent the last 7 hours writing code because I had a deadline

And I couldn't have done it earlier because i had deadlines for my other projects

/ded

#college

Guys don't go to college.

don't become a cs major

if you do

or you'll end up like me

/ded

I was thinking about it. But probably not.

Neurosciences and psychology are more interesting, IMO.

Too bad it's late for me. Well, not that particular career, and a completely different problem altogether with the one I'm in, but... well, it's also hard times for me...

I can probably also add my own piece of advice: when you enter college, be sure to actually double think what you may be getting into, and if it's really what you want in case you still haven't decided, or you may start to regret it...

/miserable

Yeah... I think... I dunno... Given my interests, I think I'll be happy with whatever I choose...

#college

Guys don't go to college.

Wait, what?

Also, did you get dat shiny Ralts yet? :D

Wait, what?

Also, did you get dat shiny Ralts yet? :D

I sent the smogon guy a PM. He hasn't been on since Sunday though, so I'm not expecting anything soon. :/

But I'm an incredibly emotive man

and am a paragon of fortitude

SO HOW NOW

But think of it this way.

Controlling your emotions is real power.

You're suppressing your body's natural hormonal control over your body.

It's normal to be emotional. That's your brain's response to situations. That's nature.

But to have control over them.

That takes strong willpower.

To remain calm when provoked, to remain optimistic when pulled under, to remain neutral when excited.

That is what I achieve to attain.

Full - or at least significant - control over my mind.

Edited by Fruity Insanity

But then, is not the true measure of one's willpower dependent on the strength of the emotions it is reining in? Isn't the source of your power emotion itself? If you didn't have emotions to control, from where would you say strength of character could shine through?

hmmmmmm

But then, is not the true measure of one's willpower dependent on the strength of the emotions it is reining in? Isn't the source of your power emotion itself? If you didn't have emotions to control, from where would you say strength of character could shine through?

hmmmmmm

Hmmmmmm...

Good point.

But how does one measure emotions? I guess that would be analyzing how your brain treats certain situations and to what degree you react. After which you can then see how well you control those emotions.

However, the natural state is one of emotions. That is, most people are similar in that regard.

But, like you said, controlling more indicates more power.

So I'll reiterate. Showing strong emotions indicates that a person is not strong enough. Even at that level, he or she may be stronger than most, but not enough to quell his thoughts. The person, because of stronger emotions, requires more strength. But if the person lacks that strength, then that person is weak in regard to what should be.

Granted, thoughts drive people on. Hope is somewhat of an emotion, too.

So I guess they're not completely useless. We wouldn't have the desire to move on if we didn't feel despair, after all.

chemical reactions inside your brain

That's all it is. That's what emotion is.

The bigger question, then, is what is "soul"? Could we rid of our entire physical body, excluding our brain, replace it with - for example - a robotic body, and still be ourselves?

Edited by Fruity Insanity