• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not just the huge maps that kill FE4's playability for me - it's also the fact that FE4's probably more walkthrough heavy (read: you need a guide to figure out quite a bit of crap, like the Hero Axe or pairing mechanics) than most other FEs are. And character wise, Ayra's about the only FE4 character who stands out to me.

dewd

people marry each other organically. the only thing you need a strategy guide for is optimization (which is strictly unnecessary for fe4 casually) and getting the hero axe, which does a good job at salvaging one (1) character

you can romp through fe4 blind as balls and stumble out the other side

Don't get me wrong tho I like FEA for the most part I just don't like 50% of its class designs and 90% of its writing

I'll still play the fuck out of it

No Levin? Honestly for the time and without a support system FE4 did an alright job with what it can do. If FEA didn't have the SUPPORT EVERYONE system in place I wouldn't give it nearly as much shit for the characters, but with such a system and your characters are still uninspiring? That's a problem.

This. All of this.

put it this way: if you ensure that everybody is married to the worst spouses (optimizationally) you'll still have seliph, shanan, ares, and ced as great units trickling in and about half the others will still be good

dewd

people marry each other organically. the only thing you need a strategy guide for is optimization (which is strictly unnecessary for fe4 casually) and getting the hero axe, which does a good job at salvaging one (1) character

you can romp through fe4 blind as balls and stumble out the other side

Because holy weapons break the game into tiny pieces, yes. And that's another problem I have with it - while FE's not known for being balanced, the holy weapons in particular are ludicrous.

put it this way: if you ensure that everybody is married to the worst spouses (optimizationally) you'll still have seliph, shanan, ares, and ced as great units trickling in and about half the others will still be good

TheEnd and I both married Briddgit with Levin in our first PT and did just fine after all.

Because holy weapons break the game into tiny pieces, yes. And that's another problem I have with it - while FE's not known for being balanced, the holy weapons in particular are ludicrous.

i'm confused

you don't like it because you need a strategy guide, but the holy weapons which the game generally feeds you (okay not forseti i guess) break the game into pieces

You get like Altenna for free too and while she isn't as great as the other holy weapon users she still has a holy weapon

FE4 is ez and I play it because it's broken

Have you seen my Larcei destroys the world run

100 kill Balmung bitches that level of overkill is hilarious as fuck

Edited by Thor Odinson

You get like Altenna for free too and while she isn't as great as the other holy weapon users she still has a holy weapon

yesbut i don't like altenna so i don't count her

Obviously because FE12 is vastly superior to FE4.

*hides mp3 player with FE4 music saved to it*

The translation really is

Fun fact: I only have one or two FE4 themes in my mp3 player

One of them is the final chapter theme

TheEnd and I both married Briddgit with Levin in our first PT and did just fine after all.

Killing Yurius with Faval because we didn't know about Narga and nobody else could deal damage, fuck yeah

:c

I like Altenna

But I'm biased I like my dracoknights

actually that's not entirely fair

i don't love altenna like i love a lot of fe4g2 units so she tends to get shafted

but i'll still raise her once in a while and go crying to her when the pegasseuses fuck me in the final chapter

Yeah, I know that everyone gets pissy about marrying Levin. Holsety Arthur is actually pretty good. Hell, even pairing him off with Sylvia is fine.

Of course, as the massive scrub that I am, I used a guide for my own playthrough.

So:

Aideen x Midir

Aira x Dew

Lachesis x Beowulf

Sylvia x Claude

Fury x Levin

Brigid x Jamka

Tiltyu x Azel

Fun fact: I only have one or two FE4 themes in my mp3 player

One of them is the final chapter theme

Killing Yurius with Faval because we didn't know about Narga and nobody else could deal damage, fuck yeah

No chapter 10?

And Alvis' song at the end of chapter 5.

I used Shannan and Ares.

Ayra was dead and I never thought of getting Levin to Silesia.

its just really relaxed

coming off of a storm of platinum games, you know trying to s-rank revengeance and anarchy reigns

its just comfy

plow fields, plow waifus, you dont even kill monsters when you kill them they just go back to where they came from because magic

Is pretty good so far but

THE FIRST TWO HOURS IS MERELY A GLIMPSE

I NEED MORE BEFORE I CAN RATE IT ON THE ONLY OBJECTIVE SCALE

ITS EITHER SHIT

OR BRILLIANT

Which dungeon are you at? Trust me, it only gets better from here~

(psssst read the item descriptions, some of them are really funny and clever)

actually that's not entirely fair

i don't love altenna like i love a lot of fe4g2 units so she tends to get shafted

but i'll still raise her once in a while and go crying to her when the pegasseuses fuck me in the final chapter

Yay c:

Hey Lumi

Have you tried the Inflation patch

I have not

I intend to some day, I just need to go on break first (Ayra/Levin is OTP right)

I also want to do Binary because they told me Ayra/Larcei gets AXES

LIke, my favourite character in all of FEdom get AXES this is something I have a MIGHTY need for also iirc Larcei can get glitchless Balmung too?

Edited by Thor Odinson

Yeah, I know that everyone gets pissy about marrying Levin. Holsety Arthur is actually pretty good. Hell, even pairing him off with Sylvia is fine.

Of course, as the massive scrub that I am, I used a guide for my own playthrough.

So:

Aideen x Midir

Aira x Dew

Lachesis x Beowulf

Sylvia x Claude

Fury x Levin

Brigid x Jamka

Tiltyu x Azel

Faval with no Skill growth ;_;

Also Levin!Sety is canon, screw the haters

No chapter 10?

And Alvis' song at the end of chapter 5.

I used Shannan and Ares.

Ayra was dead and I never thought of getting Levin to Silesia.

Oh right, the other one is the chapter 5 epilogue

I think Shanan was too squishy to survive, especially since he couldn't canto away

Aless and Celice were probably used too, but Faval deal the most damage

Yay for savestates

Edited by OldMan

I would probably like FE: A more if Normal Mode wasn't so easy or Hard Mode didn't have instant acting reinforcements that force you to grind excessively so your units don't get gang-raped in Enemy Phase.

Edited by Frosty Fire Sage