FE4 THREAD

Fia

Yeah, that. Exactly that. The ugliest part of shipping. I have no idea what is wrong with people who do this kind of crap.

If you have to make a character an OOC asshole to make your ship work, maybe your ship sucks in the first place.

Yes, thank you. There are SO many other ways to move a character around and out of a ship that don't require destroying their characterization.

don't think i didn't catch you and hero king BONDING earlier, by the way ;)

Bonding? I see no chemical equations here... [/looks around]

Personally not a fan of Ron, but that's just my personal preference. *shrug*

I think there are others with more tropes named after them, though?

Really?

It's not to make them 'work' from my understanding. It's to 'justify' them shipping it. Which is… arguable worse. I think.

Lots, but those two are... QUITE prominent.

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, thank you. There are SO many other ways to move a character around and out of a ship that don't require destroying their characterization.

Bonding? I see no chemical equations here... [/looks around]

Lots, but those two are... QUITE prominent.

True.

oh, i see PLENTY of chemistry :L

and why aren't you and hero on skype?? i'm booooorred

I suppose you're hoping for reactions too?

Oh Gods...I hate people who jizz themselves over characters that are complete assholes or complete monsters and then try to justify their behavior just because they are "sexy".

Draco in Leather Pants.

DILPing can be fun if we leave out the "justifying their behavior in order to justify why we like them that much" part. I admit to DILPing some characters, but i tend to enjoy them because they are nasty pieces of work, because they are more entertaining that way. So when i see someone DILPing on Loki, i ask them if they enjoy the character as-is, or if they woobify him. If the latter, i go:

8EjOE.gif

DILPing can be fun if we leave out the "justifying their behavior in order to justify why we like them that much" part. I admit to DILPing some characters, but i tend to enjoy them because they are nasty pieces of work, because they are more entertaining that way. So when i see someone DILPing on Loki, i ask them if they enjoy the character as-is, or if they woobify him. If the latter, i go:

8EjOE.gif

Loki… has enough woobie moments in the movies without needing to add it. …Unless I'm horribly, horribly mistaken.

Loki… has enough woobie moments in the movies without needing to add it. …Unless I'm horribly, horribly mistaken.

Yes. Especially in the second. A deleted scene showed a little too much woobie which is probably why it was cut. We still need to be reminded that Loki is a villain despite everything. But the fanbase takes it a step further. The Avengers events are often explained away by Loki being "misunderstood" or worse, "under mind control by [insert spoilery guy here]." etc. Which is bollocks. Loki does the gnarly stuff in Avengers because hes angry, half-mad, has a huge chip on his shoulder, wants power, feels hes the best option as a ruler of everything, and yes...even an asshole.

*swoon*

don't think i didn't catch you and hero king BONDING earlier, by the way ;)

you saw nothing

No, don't encourage him Kat!

Yes. Especially in the second. A deleted scene showed a little too much woobie which is probably why it was cut. We still need to be reminded that Loki is a villain despite everything. But the fanbase takes it a step further. The Avengers events are often explained away by Loki being "misunderstood" or worse, "under mind control by [insert spoilery guy here]." etc. Which is bollocks. Loki does the gnarly stuff in Avengers because hes angry, half-mad, has a huge chip on his shoulder, wants power, feels hes the best option as a ruler of everything, and yes...even an asshole.

*swoon*

So, I was right! ^^ Yay! …I haven't seen either movie yet… a friend made me promise to watch it with him, but then he had to WORK non-stop. >< But how does the manipulator get manipulated? *confused*

you saw nothing

No, don't encourage him Kat!

Eh? I was talking chemistry?

OH HOW TIME FLIES

I NEARLY FORGOT WHAT DAY IT IS

OR MORE IMPORTANTLY WHAT DAY TOMORROW IS

ANNIVERSARY AND THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE RESULTS OF THE FIRST AND PROBABLY LAST

FE4THREAD AWARD SHOW

SADLY, I WILL BE UNABLE TO HOST DUE TO BEING ON A JET PLANE WITHOUT INTERNET TOMORROW

BUT ITS NOT TOO LATE TO VOTE FOR YOUR NOMINATIONS IF YOU HAVE YET TO DO SO!

AND CONSIDERING OUR INFLUX OF NEW FACES, WHY NOT TAKE THIS TIME TO MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD EH

SIMPLY FILL OUT THE SHEET BELOW AND PM IT TO EITHER ME OR NIGHTMARE

The Greatest Ship:

Least Boring:
Most Boring:
The Greatest Generation:
Most Clueless:
Most Maso:
Top Sadist:
Smoothest Criminal:
Most Sane:
Most Delusional:
Most Manly:
Most wo-Manly:
Most Shameless:
Best at Videogames:

Silliest-est:
Dead Silly-less:
Captain of Consistently Good Taste:

Chainey: For outstanding performance in role-playing situations:
Dark God of Sexual Horrors:
All-Time Denial Deity:
Best at playing the chew toy:
Most Horrible:
Least Horrible:
Senor Juan-in-a-million: Pungeon Master:
...that guy:

LAST CALL ALL ABOARD TOOT HOOT

@ Loki talk

Loki is a dichotomy in himself. We musn't forget that despite being fucking adorable he killed lots and lots people and is a general asshole and I love him for everything that he is. Both the sympathetic bits and the asshole bits.

Loki's character is basically chaos, and everything he does is for himself. The recent comic incarnation puts him at chaotic neutral at the moment with possibilities of leaning either way (there's a whole convoluted thing leading up to this. Being convoluted is also a very Loki thing).

He also can't live without Thor as much as he says he hates him and tries to kill him all those times but never succeeds (bar a technicality during Fear Itself)

The thing with Tricksters is, they play tricks, but eventually their tricks will backfire on them. This especially happened to kid Loki (;~;), the mostly good incarnation of Loki, who got tricked in the end by his older, evil, incarnation and yeah it's a mess but that's what makes it so loki

Edited by Thor Odinson

reposting in one final effort to not be forgotten

OH HOW TIME FLIES

I NEARLY FORGOT WHAT DAY IT IS

OR MORE IMPORTANTLY WHAT DAY TOMORROW IS

ANNIVERSARY AND THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE RESULTS OF THE FIRST AND PROBABLY LAST

FE4THREAD AWARD SHOW

SADLY, I WILL BE UNABLE TO HOST DUE TO BEING ON A JET PLANE WITHOUT INTERNET TOMORROW

BUT ITS NOT TOO LATE TO VOTE FOR YOUR NOMINATIONS IF YOU HAVE YET TO DO SO!

AND CONSIDERING OUR INFLUX OF NEW FACES, WHY NOT TAKE THIS TIME TO MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD EH

SIMPLY FILL OUT THE SHEET BELOW AND PM IT TO EITHER ME OR NIGHTMARE

The Greatest Ship:

Least Boring:
Most Boring:
The Greatest Generation:
Most Clueless:
Most Maso:
Top Sadist:
Smoothest Criminal:
Most Sane:
Most Delusional:
Most Manly:
Most wo-Manly:
Most Shameless:
Best at Videogames:

Silliest-est:
Dead Silly-less:
Captain of Consistently Good Taste:

Chainey: For outstanding performance in role-playing situations:
Dark God of Sexual Horrors:
All-Time Denial Deity:
Best at playing the chew toy:
Most Horrible:
Least Horrible:
Senor Juan-in-a-million: Pungeon Master:
...that guy:

LAST CALL ALL ABOARD TOOT HOOT

Damn, got my tropes mixed up. >_<

That's okay. There are a lot of them.

No, he wasn't. You don't know Boney like I do.

Just a different type of chemistry?

Yeah, in my textbook. :\

True.

8EjOE.gif

Your gifs amuse me. XD

But gods above, yes. I agree with this SO much.