FE4 THREAD

Fia

PS3 Owners, what exactly is PSN's deal? /wary customer

I think that depends entirely on you, if you have many Nintendo franchises that you feel at home, I would say go for the Wii U, while games for it are still few, you can play Wii games, and there's also the Virtual Console. IMO, it doesn't matter how many games a console have, when deciding to buy it, but how many of those are you actually going to get, and enjoy the most, not to mention that the Wii U is still new.

I myself like too many of Nintendo franchises, and if I had to pick between a Nintendo console with basically only First-Party titles and another one with infinitely more First and Third Party titles that I don't enjoy as much, I would pick the Nintendo one.

Thing is, i felt like i missed out on an entire generation of gaming because i chose Wii alone last gen. There are hundreds of games that were said to be amazing that i never experienced. Im terrified that the same thing will happen if i go Wii U. Stuck with only Nintendo franchises and the occasional awesome third party game. Ive never experienced Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Assassin's Creed, GTA games after San Andreas, and...well...just about anything else not Nintendo. This is why im really really not sure if i should get a Wii U. I played one at my friend's house and its....weird. Just not sure i should stick with the Comfort Zone

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it true that PSN costs 50 bucks a year to use and you must pay for it to keep the games you buy on it? People on facebook are telling me Wii U. You lot say PS3.

UAGH!

What...? I've never heard of that... If you wanna buy something in the PS Store, you just pay for it on a one-time basis and that's it... I've never heard a monthly or annual fee for using PSN.

Although I guess there is that other thing for PS ... Plus? or something, but I don't have it nor am I interested in getting it (yet)... but that's completely optional. I think it's just more stuff to get. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure it's free to get a PSN account and to keep the games you buy on it.

PS+ is optional on PS3, all it does is get you lots of games (its a good deal mmmhm)

It's mandatory on PS4 though

So you can just take that pstriple out of the box and do stuff, no strings attached see

therefore yes, get the PS3

you
you are
damn, never thought of it that way.

egads comrade

Edited by Pride

Speaking of which

part 3 anime in spring

\o/

2014 will be a good year.

PS3. The Scam Wii U has little going for it at the moment.

This.

Why would anyone even buy the Wii U, I don't understand

What...? I've never heard of that... If you wanna buy something in the PS Store, you just pay for it on a one-time basis and that's it... I've never heard a monthly or annual fee for using PSN.

Although I guess there is that other thing for PS ... Plus? or something, but I don't have it nor am I interested in getting it (yet)... but that's completely optional. I think it's just more stuff to get. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure it's free to get a PSN account and to keep the games you buy on it.

Maybe thats what my friend was talking about? The Plus thing? I thought PSN was basically like the eShop so this confused the fuck out of me.

Maybe thats what my friend was talking about? The Plus thing? I thought PSN was basically like the eShop so this confused the fuck out of me.

Must be. My cheapskate dad has a PS3 and I've heard NOTHING about extra payment stuff, as I mentioned earlier.

People keep saying ill get more for my money with the Wii U. Im not sure i believe that...I really am not sure.

You said you have been going Nintendo a long time, right? So you probably have many franchises that you already like, some that already have games on it, some with games to be released/announced, if you think you can have a better time with these than the games you might get for PS3, than go for the Wii U, if not, go for PS3.

It doesn't really matter if one have more games if you prefer tge games of the other, go by your liking pf the games available, not by how many games there are, it's not like you're going to play every single game and like every single game on the console you pick.

The WiiU has nothing good to offer except for the few Nintendo exclusives it currently has and the ones that will come later. It's severely lacking in good 3rd party titles and I'll bet that like the Wii, many of the games require use of the WiiU's gimmicks just like games on the Wii unnecessarily required some motion control input for the sake of having it. Example: Donkey Kong Country Returns where you had to shake the Wii remote to roll and couldn't play the game with a GC controller.

PS3 has great 3rd party support like the Xbox 360. PS3 exclusives developers like Naughty Dog and Insomniac Games are still making great games and they've got compilations of great PS2 games brought up to HD like "ICO & Shadow of the Colossus". With that, you have more options to work with, unless you're seriously put off by the idea of buying the PS2 collections just cause they're games of a previous generation.

Personally I'd just suggest getting a decent PC and go for Humble Bundles and Steam sales. Easily the "more bang for your buck" option, just ask Red Fox.

Edited by Sirius

You said you have been going Nintendo a long time, right? So you probably have many franchises that you already like, some that already have games on it, some with games to be released/announced, if you think you can have a better time with these than the games you might get for PS3, than go for the Wii U, if not, go for PS3.

It doesn't really matter if one have more games if you prefer tge games of the other, go by your liking pf the games available, not by how many games there are, it's not like you're going to play every single game and like every single game on the console you pick.

Well...see..im thinking about experiencing new games versus playing the stuff ive been playing for 25+ years. I just...aghjgdjsfkdfsdfsd.

"But Mario Kart and Smash Bros. are coming to the Wii U!"

I know your tongue is firmly in cheek, but i can say this: Im actually not arsed about the new Smash.

*dodges rotten fruit*

Personally I'd just suggest getting a decent PC and go for Humble Bundles and Steam sales. Easily the "more bang for your buck" option, just ask Red Fox.

Yeah, thats...just never going to happen. Decent PCs are far too out of my price range sadly. /poverty

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

Well...see..im thinking about experiencing new games versus playing the stuff ive been playing for 25+ years. I just...aghjgdjsfkdfsdfsd.

If you want new games, then DEFINITELY go for the PS3

I know your tongue is firmly in cheek, but i can say this: Im actually not arsed about the new Smash.

*dodges rotten fruit*

You could do just like Sirius suggested and get a PC for the new Third party games and use an emulator for the past Nintendo consoles

In other news, I'm fucking loving ALBW, I never play at night because I would have to turn off the volume and miss the awesome soundtrack in this game , although the Dungeons are a bit too easy so far :/

This is pretty much doubtful unless you're looking to get into many of the seriously demanding games like the Crysis series and several newer games.

Actually, ive looked into better laptops/pcs. I cant go over 200 bucks. :(: Sorry.

In other news, I'm fucking loving ALBW, I never play at night because I would have to turn off the volume and miss the awesome soundtrack in this game , although the Dungeons are a bit too easy so far :/

Oooh, good.

I have the download code that came with my XL, but I have yet to download it.

Still too busy playing Pokemon.

Although the fun-ness seems to wearing off.

Finally.

Yeah, thats...just never going to happen. Decent PCs are far too out of my price range sadly. /poverty

A good-enough gaming PC will set you back around $450-$600, but the games are so cheap (sometimes, even free) that in the long run, you'll spend less. You don't have to spend nearly as much as my PC will eventually cost (almost $3,000 USD)

Console games are overpriced, and usually don't even go down over time.

Edit: Nevermind, saw your more recent post.

Edited by BLS