FE4 THREAD

Fia

What the fuck is up with him anyway

He's also Finn.

I dunno. Maybe someone at IS thought a magically resistant unit would be useful and shafted the rest of his stats to "balance" him out or something. FE5 has some other odd growths such as Saphy's 30 strength growth and Olwen, Eyrios, Xavier, and Galzus all sharing the same growths. Edited by Lanselot

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno. Maybe someone at IS thought a magically resistant unit would be useful and shafted the rest of his stats to "balance" him out or something. FE5 has some other odd growths such as Saphy's 30 strength growth and Olwen, Eyrios, Xavier, and Galzus all sharing the same growths.

…Safy has a 30% growth? I never got strength with her.

Saphy's case is weird because her luck and strength could be switched out and it would be perfectly fine. The last quatuor all happen to be enemies so perhaps those were placeholder values as they may have been unrecruitable at some point.

Ronan seems to specialize in lots of weak hits and move again, but they made Selphina who does that better.

…Safy has a 30% growth? I never got strength with her.

Yeah, she has 30 strength and 5 luck growth. I think these two growths got mixed up somehow.

Ronan seems to specialize in lots of weak hits and move again, but they made Selphina who does that better.

He does seem to be a movement-oriented character since male bowfighters have 7 move as opposed to the usual 6. Too bad male snipers don't have any extra movement.

Wait, what?

You and TE are both Finns

Everyone was so broken I didn't really have a favorite. Holyn!Leen was amusing to use I suppose. I'd like Shanan a lot if the long haired katana wielder wouldn't be such a common eyesore.

Fishermen can't pay for magic school even if their kids have inner potential.

Yeah, that's the one thing wrong with Inflation. Although you get Skasety and other absurdities, everyone is broken enough, they all feel the same.

Fuck, I guess he might be the worst playable character ever.

Hai thread.

Hi Loki o/

You and TE are both Finns

Yeah, that's the one thing wrong with Inflation. Although you get Skasety and other absurdities, everyone is broken enough, they all feel the same.

Why am I a Finn? unless that's spoiler

He does seem to be a movement-oriented character since male bowfighters have 7 move as opposed to the usual 6. Too bad male snipers don't have any extra movement.

I'd wager even that wasn't intended, but then again it's not like there's a lot of Bowfighters in this game.

While Skasety was indeed fun, I feel legendary weapons as a whole got a bit overshadowed by some of the new weapons.

Technically Glade's knights are playable.

Why am I a Finn? unless that's spoiler

You'll understand

Technically Glade's knights are playable.

They are better canon fodder.

If you give Ronan a Strength-boosting scroll he can be a good Mage Killer.

There's no reason to waste a scroll on an archer, however.

That's a bit of an understatement there. I use Ronan every time I play through FE5, and the only way to make his strength even remotely decent is to fill his inventory with every strength scroll available.

Actually, if I ever play FE5 again, I'll probably just cheat and use a nightmare editor to give him better strength growth.

to be really fair it really doesn't require much strength to kill shit in this game with the stupid weapons around

fact is, he's about as frail as a mage, loses speed from heavy bows and starts with an e

there's more to him than shitty strength, good magic, automatic mage killer

You say that now....

I doubt I'll change my mind. Lanselot was originally supposed to be a temporary name, but I've grown attached to it. It amuses me when people misspell it or assume it's a typo.