FE4 THREAD

Fia

It's not a bad game just really barren though. Then again the metroidvanias always have this problem. Just moving from place to place with some enemies here and there until you fight a boss and get the next power up you need to advance. I really enjoy being able to make weapons and armor as well as the Innocent Devils. It's too bad they didn't bring these abilities back in other game since I had fun trying to figure out how to steal from enemies and wondering what the next ID would look like. I feel the combat could have used more polish. Leon's whip combos were pretty fun to do.

Stretchiiiiiiing. Mostly exercise in general. Then again my bones are pretty weak too. hm

I don't think all the metroidvanias have this problem (surprise surprise...I think Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin are exemplary of what you said), but Curse of Darkness just exacerbates the whole "you got this cool ability, good, now use it once and never again, haha!" It's insulting in several instances when the game pretends to care by giving you an all too simple puzzle (like the falling skulls in Infinite Corridor). The barrenness is true, and also the lack of variety in the environments. So flat.

I do wish the Innocent Devil and the forging systems were more refined, because I love that kind of thing and they weren't developed to their whole potential. And I agree about the combat, Leon's was better. I just think Leon was a better character to control in general. He feels much heavier, more fluid and more natural. It's so satisfying to pull off the flips with him, for example.

Drink milk and work out. Working out increases bone density and strength.

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one here who's played Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2?

yes

I don't think all the metroidvanias have this problem (surprise surprise...I think Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin are exemplary of what you said), but Curse of Darkness just exacerbates the whole "you got this cool ability, good, now use it once and never again, haha!" It's insulting in several instances when the game pretends to care by giving you an all too simple puzzle (like the falling skulls in Infinite Corridor). The barrenness is true, and also the lack of variety in the environments. So flat.

I do wish the Innocent Devil and the forging systems were more refined, because I love that kind of thing and they weren't developed to their whole potential. And I agree about the combat, Leon's was better. I just think Leon was a better character to control in general. He feels much heavier, more fluid and more natural. It's so satisfying to pull off the flips with him, for example.

Drink milk and work out. Working out increases bone density and strength.

IDs definitely had a bunch of lost potential. Poor guys.

I've been drinking a nutrition shake every day for two weeks. Just need exercise more often. :L

Ahhhh my spring break's almost started ;u;

I just need to take a couple exams, one I'm about to take right now~

Or it won't start until sunday~!

Edited by Freohr Datia

IDs definitely had a bunch of lost potential. Poor guys.

I've been drinking a nutrition shake every day for two weeks. Just need exercise more often. :L

Yup. I was excited about all the new kinds too, but it's a shame. One of the things that's really lost potential is that opening movie where Hector and Isaac are fighting each other, with their ultimate IDs accompanying them. I wish something like that could have actually happened in the game.

Okay then, work and work and work and work out.

This new Saint Seiya movie looks iffy.

On one hand, Ikki and Hyoga look like absolute shit, on the other, Shun looks like a man this time, and Shaka looks goddamn awesome