• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't that feel... weird? .-.

I mean I have friends who live that lifestyle too but like what do you DO when everyone else has gone out and left you behind?

Unless of course you're driving, in which case soda for dayz.

I heard there's bars somewhere that gives free soda to designated drivers

I need to find that place

The great Thor needs mead, not some kind of sweetened carbonated water.

Edited by Naughx

WHAT?! B-B-But... M-My lobster subs...!

[/sobs]

I KNOW WHAT THE FUCK.

Now I'll have to settle for Jimmy Johns.

Or worse...

gulp

Subway.

I mean I have friends who live that lifestyle too but like what do you DO when everyone else has gone out and left you behind?

Hm, do you mean being in a party?

The great Thor needs mead, not some kind of sweetened carbonated water.

kQOZtlG.jpg

puny mortal, thou shall not tell Thor what he can and cannot drink.

Nobody in my close friend group parties either

We're too busy making 5 deadlines a week to have time, for one

Hm, do you mean being in a party?

Sure, like in a situation like that, isn't it just really uncomfortable to be the only sober one in the house?

Or even if you don't go out at all, why would you just sit in your room while all of your friends are out doing things? :/

[/sniffles] I - It's gonna be okay, Roxas, we'll survive this tragedy... somehow...

I'M GONNA CRY

Nobody in my close friend group parties either

We're too busy making 5 deadlines a week to have time, for one

WHICH IS WHY YOU BOOZE UP AND FORGET ABOUT THESE THINGS.

right

right

or is this just my prep school mentality bleeding over into my freshman year where I'll soon realize that life isn't all fun and games and I'm actually expected to succeed and stuff.

Sure, like in a situation like that, isn't it just really uncomfortable to be the only sober one in the house?

Or even if you don't go out at all, why would you just sit in your room while all of your friends are out doing things? :/

Well, if it comes to me, considering that I'm not really a sociable person, I'm very comfortable not attending. Indeed, across High School and College I've not assisted several already. And even if I were in one and there's alcohol... I wouldn't even dare to. I appreciate my liver too much to fall into that trap. I suppose one thing that led me to that reasoning was seeing a picture of a... well, I'll just call it "liver" since that was it was suppose to be, in an elementary school book when we saw about the effects of alcohol and smoking on the human body. So no thanks.

I have a gpa to maintain

It pays my tuition

I care about my grades too! And although my consequences may not be as dire as yours, I would still feel like shit if I couldn't pull at least a 3.6 each semester. It's not like I'm talking about throwing my life away every weekend.

Well, if it comes to me, considering that I'm not really a sociable person, I'm very comfortable not attending. Indeed, across High School and College I've not assisted several already. And even if I were in one and there's alcohol... I wouldn't even dare to. I appreciate my liver too much to fall into that trap. I suppose one thing that led me to that reasoning was seeing a picture of a... well, I'll just call it "liver" since that was it was suppose to be, in an elementary school book when we saw about the effects of alcohol and smoking on the human body. So no thanks.

I mean if you stick to things in moderation, it's not all too bad...

I mean if you stick to things in moderation, it's not all too bad...

Like I said, I'm not falling into the trap. It pretty much begins that way. Moderation they say... just one they say... and months later you're in an AA session because things got out of hand no matter what one said to themselves about doing it in moderation...

Okay okay, I may be just exaggerating... but still, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

All of my friends, ALL OF MY FRIENDS are like me. We don't do anything crazy. We just meet at the mall, hang out and have lunch and/or dinner together, play video games, hang out at each other's houses (often while parents are there), go downtown if we can afford to and organize it. Most of us don't have boyfriends or girlfriends.

To me, the people who party and do stuff are the weird ones ;/

Edited by Sangyul

Not in the slightest.

It's just how I was raised.

there's no such thing as free time when you're a computer scientist in my school

I have a lot of work and this is a (comparatively) light semester for me; My BF can't even find himself a free weekend to have a fucking date these days and I've seen his schedule it's bad

And really big college parties are just not appealing to any of us (my friend group, that is) anyway even if we actually do have free time. Don't see the appeal at all, would rather just hang out with a small group of people I actually like

Edited by Thor Odinson

Like I said, I'm not falling into the trap. It pretty much begins that way. Moderation they say... just one they say... and months later you're in an AA session because things got out of hand no matter what one said to themselves about doing it in moderation...

Okay okay, I may be just exaggerating... but still, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

By your logic, all college fraternities/sororities are just chock full of alcoholics waiting to happen.

All of my friends, ALL OF MY FRIENDS are like me. We don't do anything crazy. We just meet at the mall, hang out and have lunch and/or dinner together, play video games, hang out at each other's houses (often while parents are there), go downtown if we can afford to and organize it. Most of us don't have boyfriends or girlfriends.

To me, the people who party and do stuff are the weird ones ;/

I don't know, I just can't imagine living like that.

Like I can understand people not going clubbing, because hey, if you're in a dedicated relationship, then all the more power to you for staying faithful and not propogating trust issues, but to me, it just seems so mundane to be over 21 and not enjoy a good drink now and then.

Do you just not go out, or do you simply not drink at all, like even at dinner or fancy places, or whatnot?

*farts*

Lewd.

Not in the slightest.

It's just how I was raised.

Well same here, it's not like I ever thought that I would find myself doing these things (no alcohol until 21, waiting until marriage, drugs are bad), but woosh, my parents sent me to live on my own at 14 and this is just what happened.

I don't know, I just can't imagine living like that.

Like I can understand people not going clubbing, because hey, if you're in a dedicated relationship, then all the more power to you for staying faithful and not propogating trust issues, but to me, it just seems so mundane to be over 21 and not enjoy a good drink now and then.

Do you just not go out, or do you simply not drink at all, like even at dinner or fancy places, or whatnot?

My friends and I are all above 21, most of us have been over 21 for a few years now. A few of us do drink, and they drink at meals in restaurants, but not all of us feel the need to drink or like the taste of alcohol. I don't like clubbing because I don't really like being around crowds of people in the first place, it's exhausting. Not my thing, and most of my friends have even WORSE issues with crowds and people than I do.

By your logic, all college fraternities/sororities are just chock full of alcoholics waiting to happen.

And like I said, it could just be an exaggeration. My mind isn't really a bastion of sanity. Either way, the only way that I could ever, ever, be willing to consume alcohol is if it were to change it's properties on the human body on both short and long terms, into something harmless. Of course, technically speaking, that wouldn't be alcohol anymore, at least in it's current definition of it's properties, but that pretty much states my stance on it. Wouldn't do it unless it pretty much stopped being alcohol or damaging.