FE4 THREAD

Fia

excellent

I'll be mean by being me(an)

Little late there aren't we. But no, I just mean that you don't have them if you think TVTropes is legit. :]

TVTropes is the best resource for tropes. It is not like they spread false information. I really do not understand where the animosity comes from.

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh God Protoman

*unzips pants*

Careful now. *puts a huntsman down Rei Rei's pants*

That Chiaki person is someone I can deal with.

With a boot to his dome, i hope. Seriously, that guy~

Megaman 2 on the NES

Best one ever

omg thats the one with Rush isnt it? Cuz thats the one i had the most fun with.

TVTropes is the best resource for tropes. It is not like they spread false information. I really do not understand where the animosity comes from.

Because people tended to go completely bonkers with troping and the tropers themselves have won themselves a very shitty reputation. Edit wars and internal SJWing and of course, people getting crazy with using their terms for meta discussion. I dont blame people for hating TVTropes. Its gotten better with renaming of tropes and page clean up but the stigma remains~

Careful now. *puts a huntsman down Rei Rei's pants*

Because people tended to go completely bonkers with troping and the tropers themselves have won themselves a very shitty reputation. Edit wars and internal SJWing and of course, people getting crazy with using their terms for meta discussion. I dont blame people for hating TVTropes. Its gotten better with renaming of tropes and page clean up but the stigma remains~

I'm calm for now, but who know what would happen if Protoman appears.

SJW? Tell more

TVTropes is the best resource for tropes.

False. There are so many things in there that aren't even tropes. So much unnecessary junk.

It is not like they spread false information.

Also false! Some pages are probably better than others, but overall there's too much opinion going on there, and just downright false information a lot of the time.

I really do not understand where the animosity comes from.

Now you do.

SJW? Tell more

Social Justice Warrior.

GET OUT OF HERE YOU CISHET SCUM

FUCK ALL STRAIGHT PEOPLE

CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE

etc.

Edited by Naminé

Speaking of TVTrops, I remember way back when someone said they got into an argument with a troper over Seth. The troper insisted that Seth was awful, but later conceded that Seth was a "disk one nuke" after much arguing.

I'm calm for now, but who know what would happen if Protoman appears.

SJW? Tell more

Most of it has been cleaned up, but in the early days up until about two months ago, there would be a lot of examples linked to Unfortunate Implications. Like...all the fucking time. And the Real Women Dont Wear Dresses page nearly got nuked. I dont get involved in the forums there, but i lurk the pages themselves and i noticed that.

False. There are so many things in there that aren't even tropes. So much unnecessary junk.

Also false! Some pages are probably better than others, but overall there's too much opinion going on there, and just downright false information a lot of the time.

Now you do.

They are still cleaning up the untropes cuz yes, that is a thing. And ALL THOSE THINGS NAMED AFTER ANIME FUCKING CRAP! Like stuff thats found in almost any piece of fiction would be given a weeb name. Ugh. Not to mention how ridiculous the Nightmare Fuel pages got. Theres still a clean up crew, but the most common trope pages are a lot better than they used to be. Once they got rid of the Fetish Fuel thing and Troper Tales, things did get less ugly.

Social Justice Warrior.

GET OUT OF HERE YOU CISHET SCUM

FUCK ALL STRAIGHT PEOPLE

CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE

etc.

I NEED MORE DETAILS DAMMIT

Speaking of TVTrops, I remember way back when someone said they got into an argument with a troper over Seth. The troper insisted that Seth was awful, but later conceded that Seth was a "disk one nuke" after much arguing.

Ain't Seth like the best character

Rei Rei, some of the bullshit is still seen in Headscratchers entries. (thats where most of that bullshit happens outside their forums.)

I remember something terribly hilarious being the misuse of egregious.

Still, they do have some nice stuff, but they tend to be overly subjective at times

lol

That's kinda funny.

They are still cleaning up the untropes cuz yes, that is a thing. And ALL THOSE THINGS NAMED AFTER ANIME FUCKING CRAP! Like stuff thats found in almost any piece of fiction would be given a weeb name. Ugh. Not to mention how ridiculous the Nightmare Fuel pages got. Theres still a clean up crew, but the most common trope pages are a lot better than they used to be. Once they got rid of the Fetish Fuel thing and Troper Tales, things did get less ugly.

Okay. Good to hear. Now to clean up things that aren't even true, and I might accept TVTropes as a valid pastime (but never a good source).

I remember something terribly hilarious being the misuse of egregious.

Still, they do have some nice stuff, but they tend to be overly subjective at times

Oh gods the egregious.

Oh man...they are too subjective. Like the amount of fapping they do to Joss Whedon is just ridiculous. Hoary. Shit.

lol

That's kinda funny.

Okay. Good to hear. Now to clean up things that aren't even true, and I might accept TVTropes as a valid pastime (but never a good source).

They just have to get rid of the idiot wimpy weeb tropers. Im still of the mind that unless its anime, tropers shouldnt be teenagers. |:[

So guess who's mother just... bought them a headset even I was totally gonna buy it myself. >_>

Silly woman. I appreciate the gesture, thank you, and that's 9 dollars saved for your Mother's Day present so thanks in advance.

So guess who's mother just... bought them a headset even I was totally gonna buy it myself. >_>

Silly woman. I appreciate the gesture, thank you, and that's 9 dollars saved for your Mother's Day present so thanks in advance.

Wait what lucky ducky. ;-;

I see Nightmare getting targeted by Taylor in the future.

[/sputters] W-What?!

N-No...

Impossible. I'm actually a good boy! Though I guess if she targets me, she'll learn that very soon.

... W-Why the strikethough?

Wait what lucky ducky. ;-;

It's like a 9 dollar headset from Amazon so I can Skype chat, but... I'm shocked she bought it for me just like THAT.