• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

It's an unhealthy romanticised ideal. If your partner cares about you they'd not want you to sacrifice your well being to be with them, either.

It's entirely different. The child doesn't get to choose the mother, but in a healthy marriage the husband and wife should have consensually chosen each other. Not all types of love are the same, but they are all important.

Which is why I stressed "willing." You're willing to sacrifice. Not "you will sacrifice."

Of course if your partner loves you, they won't want that, and hopefully you won't have to, but the intent behind your willingness shows the intensity of your love.

Yeah, and behind the how and who is the bonds and whatnot.

I'm talking about the relationships themselves, not how they came to be or under what conditions they stand. :<

...Oh, please tell me that we don't have someone with the whole "sacrifice for love" bullcrap. Sure, you need to be willing to COMPROMISE, but outright sacrifice is a little much. ...Outside of emergency situations where compromise might not be applicable.

Sacrifice is love.

I really do believe that, though.

And compromises are usually sacrifices.

And heeeey. :(

Why the bashing?

It's like, "Oh, please don't tell me we have someone who bashes another person's opinion just because it doesn't match his/her own."

D:

THE TONE...

Edited by Fruity Insanity

Goat are food

Sacrifice a dog or something

Dogs are food in certain parts of the world, your argument is null.

And I actually kind of like dogs, but I hate love, so there.

Hercules: What is that stench...dog meat?! (Episode: As Darkness Falls Season 1)

I don't think that it is edible. -.-

Edited by Barbie

Which is why I stressed "willing." You're willing to sacrifice. Not "you will sacrifice."

Of course if your partner loves you, they won't want that, and hopefully you won't have to, but the intent behind your willingness shows the intensity of your love.

Yeah, and behind the how and who is the bonds and whatnot.

I'm talking about the relationships themselves, not how they came to be or under what conditions they stand. :<

Sacrifice is love.

I really do believe that, though.

And compromises are usually sacrifices.

And heeeey. :(

Why the bashing?

It's like, "Oh, please don't tell me we have someone who bashes another person's opinion just because it doesn't match his/her own."

D:

THE TONE...

Sorry, I literally just got out of an argument with a friend who believes that and it's destroying her life, so I got a bit tetchy.

Any meat is edible... hmmm, "any". This reminds me of that story of that plane carrying students that crashed in the Andes. When supplies began to run low, the survivors had to... well, let's just say, that in such a cold place, the meat was well-preserved for consumption. Yeah, not a pretty sight, but when facing death, some things just had to be done to ensure survival.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

>_>

what for

If you aren't willing to sacrifice, then that isn't much of a relationship. Your happiness? If you truly care, it would be your own happiness and your partner's happiness. Maybe even going so far as to put your partner's happiness before your own.

What is a mother's love? It's also along those lines. Many mothers are willing to give up their own life for their child. Surely they're not that selfish. No, they're selfless.

If you aren't willing to make sacrifices... I really don't see any relationships working out for you... I know I'm the naive one, but I know enough as to realize that you won't achieve happiness without sacrifice. Hell, it's the sacrifice that makes the happiness all the more worthwhile. You worked harder to get it. It's more satisfactory.

I'm sure Rey would agree.

The reason why the divorce rate is so high in the U.S. is usually because people put themselves before their partners, not because they're "incompatible" or "things just don't work out" between them. Oh, and Americans are filthy rich people who can afford a divorce. That, too.

As for love itself, I really don't know.

I haven't lived long enough to know.

I haven't experienced enough to know.

how is relationship with happiness and why are you assuming I want a relationship either

I didn't say I wasn't gonna make any sacrifices but I guess I also don't like the word of sacrifices. It just depends on what kinda "sacrifices" are being made too... which was discussed with TE on that.

but nowadays, most relationships have someone sacrificing too much.

now now, you're moving into marriage. You're assuming people marry for love. I wouldn't say everyone is in actual love when they marry. I think people rush into marriage too, therefore divorce happens more often. And then there are other reasons for divorces too, not just incompatibility or selfishness.

well don't try to explain it then pls

Edited by Espeon

Neal have you even had a girlfriend or boyfriend or other gendered signficant other or whatever you're into

You are young and you don't know much on the matter

I'll sacrifice a goat in the name of love!

As long as they aren't my goats even though they do grow back

I'll take a roasted goat for all your fertility god needs though

Edited by Thor Odinson

Sacrifices are natural in any such relationship, be it platonic, family, business, political, or romantic. The only thing that should be considered is what is being sacrificed and if what you gain from it is sufficient to balance, if not outweigh what's being given up, or jeopardized

Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents