FE4 THREAD

Fia

That thing with the sun is quite interesting, since in Aztec mythology there is more than one sun, the death and birth of each marking a new age. And the myth of the Moon's creation is tied to the sun thing. Like, by the time of the 5th sun, there were like 2 candidates chosen to go through the ritual to become the sun, Tecucciztecatl and Nanahuatzin, but the former chickened out at the last second. So the latter went through the process and became the 5th sun, but Tecucciztecatl decided to go through it anyway. But since there were not suppose to be 2 suns at the same time, so the other gods... I kid you not... threw a rabbit at Tecucciztecatl, dimming somewhat his light... and thus, we have Metztli, the Moon; and her rabbit. lol

Yeah i did read about that. And isnt that what that one ball game was kinda based on? Like the game that determined the sacrifices....

every rabbit is a good rabbit

more rabbit better rabbit

i do like throwing small plush rabbits at friends since the ones i have make really good projectiles so there's that :B

Yeah

something about pounding mochi

Yeah theres the little bun who pounds mochi with a large pestle and he swings it over his head. #thingsOkamitoughtme

DIDST THOU NOT KNOW?! RABBITS POUNDETH MOCHI ON THE MOON WHEN 'TIS FULL!

loooool

Norse is one of the odd ones out where there is no moon rabbit. To be fair, i could never see the bun in the moon like most people. Máni is a dude and sister to Sól (or Sunne/Sunni/whatever people choose to spell her name). Some cultures have a "man in the moon" and i guess hes one of those personifications. Hati (one of Fenris' sons) chases him across the sky. (Skoll chases Sunne)

Moon Bun makes best mochi

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

THOU MORTAL THOUGHT ME MYTH AND LEGEND, BUT YET I AM

I AM BUT THE GOD OF THE NORSEMEN, YET RABBITS DOTH BE ACROSS SEVERAL

FOOLISH MORTAL

I AM THE GOD OF THUNDER AND LIGHTNING

I AM THE LORD OF THE STORM

I AM THE BRINGER OF FERTILITY

RABBITS DOTH BE A SYMBOL OF FERTILITY

RABBITS DOTH BE BRETHREN MINE

AND I THEIR LORD

Calm thyself, brother. Thou art getting all riled up. Thy buns are safe.

I should take over the moon and be supreme overlord of all the bunnies there too

supporting this

THOU MORTAL THOUGHT ME MYTH AND LEGEND, BUT YET I AM

I AM BUT THE GOD OF THE NORSEMEN, YET RABBITS DOTH BE ACROSS SEVERAL

FOOLISH MORTAL

I AM THE GOD OF THUNDER AND LIGHTNING

I AM THE LORD OF THE STORM

I AM THE BRINGER OF FERTILITY

RABBITS DOTH BE A SYMBOL OF FERTILITY

RABBITS DOTH BE BRETHREN MINE

AND I THEIR LORD

lol

i require sacrifice in the form of rabbit food, mead, and steak to be appeased

well, here's mead?

i require sacrifice in the form of rabbit food, mead, and steak to be appeased

All those Norsemen giving thee sacrifices and all i have is my goat and a rope. B:

MEAD!!!

I hope dondon gets it this time, but not getting my hopes up.

pffft you expect too much out of someone so...joyless.

Yeah i did read about that. And isnt that what that one ball game was kinda based on? Like the game that determined the sacrifices....

Yes, sacrifice to the gods was one of the actions after the ball game. Sacrifice... to the victors. Yes, the winners were the ones sacrificed to the gods, precisely because they won, so their blood is worth to be tribute to the gods, or something like that was their logic.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Yes, sacrifice to the gods was one of the actions after the ball game. Sacrifice... to the victors. Yes, the winners were the ones sacrificed to the gods, precisely because they won, so their blood is worth to be tribute to the gods, or something like that was their logic.

Yeah. Its at times like that, id rather lose the game.

ALSO, THREAD: WHAT DO WE SAY TO PANTS?

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

All those Norsemen giving thee sacrifices and all i have is my goat and a rope. B:

MEAD!!!

I could give some of the steak to you if you want

I assume you don't want the rabbit food though

that's for rabbits

also I like pants

also iirc Thor didn't ask for human sacrifice which I'm super glad for

Edited by Thor Odinson

I'm pretty sure you still died if you loose, except that, not as a sacrifice, just a plain old dead.

Not that it'd matter much since those ballgames that ended in dead were mostly played by captives and the like. Their chance of "redemption" I suppose. Besides, sacrifices in ballgames was actually not a norm. It did happened in some cultures across what is now eastern México, but in many other places, like with the Aztecs, the game was merely a sport for fun, and bets. Although they did had matches for religious and ceremonial purposes.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

ALSO, THREAD: WHAT DO WE SAY TO PANTS?

They came be comfy.

YOU ALL GET THE ANSWER WRONG!

What do we say to pants? NOT TODAY!

2444a77b36de61c390a9d08b37c3f85e67eecc2c

:P:

What game was this? It sounds interesting.

tumblr_mh7zp8gAXF1qa9jn1o2_500.gif

There is no hope.

tumblr_inline_mpeq33bI9r1qz4rgp.gif

I could give some of the steak to you if you want

I assume you don't want the rabbit food though

that's for rabbits

also I like pants

also iirc Thor didn't ask for human sacrifice which I'm super glad for

Nah, he was protector of Midgard. He didnt want human sacrifices. He wanted goats, food and a lot of mead doe.

I'm pretty sure you still died if you loose, except that, not as a sacrifice, just a plain old dead.

Not that it'd matter much since those ballgames that ended in dead were mostly played by captives and the like. Their chance of "redemption" I suppose. Besides, sacrifices in ballgames was actually not a norm. It did happened in some cultures across what is now eastern México, but in many other places, like with the Aztecs, the game was merely a sport for fun, and bets. Although they did had matches for religious and ceremonial purposes.

Huh. themoreyouknow.gif

The Mansplaining in that thread in SD. Ugh...Brother, hold me.

It's always the god of death.

Why is it never the god of super death.

Teach us the ways of the god of super death?

The Mansplaining in that thread in SD. Ugh...Brother, hold me.

I decided to not join in because it'd cause me too much headache and I have a 50 frame animation to do by august

but it is quite anger inducing yes

I could turn into the hulk

I hate the argument "okay yeah we realise misogyny's the problem now what are you going to do to solve it" bitch as if we haven't been doing that for the past few centuries

change doesn't happen overnight but it also doesn't happen by sitting on our ass and not doing anything to the status quo

Nah, he was protector of Midgard. He didnt want human sacrifices. He wanted goats, food and a lot of mead doe.

Thor has good tastes in sacrifices.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I decided to not join in because it'd cause me too much headache and I have a 50 frame animation to do by august

but it is quite anger inducing yes

I could turn into the hulk

I hate the argument "okay yeah we realise misogyny's the problem now what are you going to do to solve it" bitch as if we haven't been doing that for the past few centuries

change doesn't happen overnight

Thor has good tastes in sacrifices.

tumblr_lgsfnzkSX61qbg23ko1_500.gif

i also hate the "but not all men" argument. Its gotten pretty stupid and ignores the issue. Im staying out of there for now cuz im about to go nuclear.

Also yes he did. I also believe Freyja liked pretty things for offerings (as well as bountiful animals).