FE4 THREAD

Fia

OMGOMGOMG.

I GOT ZERO NO KISEKI TO WORK IN KOOOOOREEEAAANNNNN.

I DID IT.

THAT WAS SO WORTH IT.

You normally can't install it on Vista/7/8 unless you use some sort of workaround

Oh, right. I had to do something like that.

Something something cmd.exe something something running as administrator something something.

Edited by Fruity Insanity

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to claw my way up English

it was hard

I'm usually good at languages but English took 2 years with immersion at an age where language should come easily

because English is hard

Meanwhile breezing through italian rn

's probably why i hate english so much

it's my non-native language that I had no choice in learning it

Latin was at least an option among some others

Italian is 100% my choice

Wouldn't being older be a possibility as to why someone can pick up a new language a little easier.

languages are weird

Wouldn't being older be a possibility as to why someone can pick up a new language a little easier.

languages are weird

I would think it'd be the other way around... but I suppose it can work that way too.

Well, time for me to head to bed. Bye all.

Then you don't recommend anything else or describe how it is bad.

pretty good

It's self-explanatory, Ein. If you want to play a game that requires a different system locale, you change your fucking system locale.

9ucPPm0.png

Applocale is buggy, doesn't work, and overall a complicated "solution" to an easy problem

no it's like

way harder to pick up languages when you're older

this is why immigrant parents (even with workplace language immersion) tend to have heavily accented English while immigrant children have nearly no accent if any

I don't have a Chinese accent at all when I'm talking except when I'm angry

My parents on the other hand

there's something scientific about this but I don't remember what

Edited by Thor Odinson

I would think it'd be the other way around... but I suppose it can work that way too.

Well, time for me to head to bed. Bye all.

eh Some people I've known in college picked up any language they were learning fairly well. Maybe it depends on the person.

It's self-explanatory, Ein. If you want to play a game that requires a different system locale, you change your fucking system locale.

Applocale is buggy, doesn't work, and overall a complicated "solution" to an easy problem

Not everything is clear cut. Then again being all "haha you are doing something done" does tend to make you look better rather than explaining why something isn't good and offer an alternative if someone couldn't figure something out or is/thinking of using something that isn't all that reliable.

I hear that changing that can cause problems with other programs having to do with the install path or something IDK.

Nope. Occasionally it will fake out other installer programs, and the installer will pop up in the language for your system locale, but other than that there are no real conflicts. In fact, it allows you to use non-standard characters for your install paths, which gives you more flexibility (and lets the games actually install to their default paths). The downsides are for all intents and purposes nonexistent.

They could just be good at languages

As much as I complain about English i'm still better at it than Latin and Italian combined because I did learn it when I was 8 and I had immersion going on

But I don't have fun with English like I do with Latin and Italian

None of them are as good as my Chinese anyway

Well I probably write slightly better in English than Chinese but my Chinese reading comprehension trumps English by so much it's ridiculous

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

I have gotten both Zero no Kiseki and Ao no Kiseki to play in Korean, fully functional. (Although Ao no Kiseki isn't 100% translated, I think.)

But still.

Next, Sora no Kiseki FC, SC, and The 3rd, and then after LoGH and FE4, I shall go on a Kiseki spree.

Maybe I'll even be able to finish all the games before Sen II.

Maybe.

And ZeroEVO and AoEVO are useless to me now.

inb4 Neal never actually finishes any of those.

YEAH RIGHT.

NOW THAT I CAN ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND AT LEAST HALF OF WHAT'S GOING ON, I'M DEFINITELY GOING TO PLAY.

Well, let's see what I can do about SC and The 3rd, though first.

Geez, I may not even need to buy SC in English.

But for now, sleep.

:o

oh wait never mind

It's probably a "I'm using the Madoka badge/banner" thing and not a job thing.

damn you anime

Edited by Ein

i wonder if neal has given up already

9ucPPm0.png

eh, it works fine for me when it does

sure, some games won't boot without a region change (which requires a system restart), but if they do...

besides, you can set applocale as a right-click menu option

You normally can't install it on Vista/7/8 unless you use some sort of workaround

it's a really minor workaround

YOU TOO NTG!???

anything for her nii-sama Edited by TheEnd