FE4 THREAD

Fia

The quotes aren't in their original context, but they're still good reads.

Did he even post anywhere else? I don't think he was too active elsewhere. :\

I see.

HHH and FFTF mostly

And steam related topics

Edited by Hydra Phantom

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

that might be it

you're not around nearly as often as he was

I suppose, but I'm still not sure what was so, well, wrong with what Acacia was doing even if he was around more than I was.

I suppose, but I'm still not sure what was so, well, wrong with what Acacia was doing even if he was around more than I was.

he didn't seem to contibute much to existing discussions, usually brought a subject only he cared about, and posted just to say hi

i even mentionned the latter a few times so that he could add a bit more meat to the discussion

what is better to you : "hi dude" or "hi dude how was your day"

eh, truth hurts sometimes

acacia felt disconnected from most of the thread from what i feel other than greeting people

man this feels like a funeral

That's true, but I've always felt that that saying was a justification for being rude and insensitive.

I mean, yeah, I agree that he was disconnected from the rest of the thread, but if he was a white line to Marthur anyway, I see no reason for such criticism, other than flat out bias.

Like, Marthur doesn't like posts that don't contribute much to the thread. He wants to maintain quality, and that's understandable.

But I don't think you need to make him feel unwelcome because of that.

;____________;

i mean

what other recourse would he have there

he wants to preserve quality

poster x makes low-quality posts

he: ?

whether i agree or not that's a pretty logical line there lol

for the record i have Zero opinion on either Noted Serenes Forest Member acacia sergeant or marthur

i don't think i've ever interacted with the latter and my interactions with the former were pretty much contained to the icewind dale lp

That's true, but I've always felt that that saying was a justification for being rude and insensitive.

I mean, yeah, I agree that he was disconnected from the rest of the thread, but if he was a white line to Marthur anyway, I see no reason for such criticism, other than flat out bias.

Like, Marthur doesn't like posts that don't contribute much to the thread. He wants to maintain quality, and that's understandable.

But I don't think you need to make him feel unwelcome because of that.

;____________;

marthur is about as full blooded fe4 thread member as you can get if you accept the harry potter comparaison

but hey we accepted YOU in the family because YOU have potential

let us not dwell on the dear departed and focus on the living

ok time for the last part of the initiation, guys. i'm getting the sacricial dagger while roxas strips and ties him

And that would make complete sense if Marthur had ownership of the thread.

And while he has a strong influence on the thread, ownership is an entirely different thing...

so what would you have proposed he do

EDIT: fuck you dio

Edited by Integrity

If he perse owned the thread, then he'd have some ground of his own

But he doesn't, which makes it it's entirely different story, and you can't really criticize a person unless it's really needed and I don't think it was

the way i see it his two courses of action were to:

1: express his displeasure

2: ignore the situation

the first sounds like what he did

the second would accomplish Precisely Nothing to him

I thought anyone who wanted to could just post in the FE4 THREAD =/

EDIT: Integrity, didn't Marthur also say that he put Acacia on his ignore list? Once someone goes on my ignore list, I just ignore them.

Edited by Sangyul

If he perse owned the thread, then he'd have some ground of his own

But he doesn't, which makes it it's entirely different story, and you can't really criticize a person unless it's really needed and I don't think it was

what's with this "owning this thread" bullshit you two are spouting? it's a communal thread, with communal rules. members have disagreements. just because he doesn't own the thread doesn't mean he can't express negative opinions about another member of the community lol

marthur is one person, he has his own opinions and we all know he tends to be blunt with them

almost all of us are social rejects here, brewing drama because someone didn't behave perfectly is senseless

EDIT: Integrity, didn't Marthur also say that he put Acacia on his ignore list? Once someone goes on my ignore list, I just ignore them.

i have no idea lol i don't even know marthur

in theory yeah

in practice it's like trying to gain the approval of the established members of the thread so that you could gain their friendship

why do you think a few of us have put people on ignore? they post here but we don't care about their ramblings and they don't want to leave

i have no idea lol i don't even know marthur

Well, I believe that he mentioned something about how Acacia was a "white line". And so, if Acacia was on his ignore list, why not just continue to ignore him? Because putting someone on your ignore list kind of feels like making a decision about what to do about that person to me.

what's with this "owning this thread" bullshit you two are spouting? it's a communal thread, with communal rules. members have disagreements. just because he doesn't own the thread doesn't mean he can't express negative opinions about another member of the community lol

Owning as in making? Something of that latter, but it's not like he can't make suggestions. Though I'm not a fan of making negative comments to each other, I just think that if you have a problem with someone, then don't say anything at all, or just tell them somewhere else.

My opinion of course

it's not the random comments, it's the... ooh I'm late

it seems Marthur was a bit too blunt for Acacia and he couldn't take the criticism...

jenni noooo

it should be possible

very conflicted

what

apparently

it's ok I'm too lazy

oooooooooh

Good MathematicsMajorGirl

yay

also, jenni tried a second run right after finishing her first one

now she doesn't even care about sc anymore

w-well it was probably only for a few mins. just like when i retried P3FES right after finishing o.o

ummm i guess this isn't the point...

noooooooooooooooooooo

oh yeah for Jenni

the pink penguin in the middle

U4VKX9g.jpg

ooooh. well penguins generally look the same o3o

cuute. you have any more penguins?

suku!

Edited by NTG