• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

compare their specs and look for reviews online

i didn't find much last time i looked but i could try again :v

I think i only found some stuff on some BR forum

The quotes aren't in their original context, but they're still good reads.

Did he even post anywhere else? I don't think he was too active elsewhere. :\

HHH

He occasionally posted in other threads like the ssb4 one i think

Edited by UIir

Owning as in making?

do you seriously think this poster, last post may 2013, has more of a say as to the happenings of this thread than anybody else

as to the rest of your post if you mean "he should have aired his grievances someplace else" that's fine and i agree he could totally have taken it to pms. if you mean "he should have shut up and internalized" then you're just being naive because that's just not a realistic solution when people deal with people daily and you know it.

as far as the post boron linked and a few dio linked me before steam crapped it looks like marthur was kind of being a dick about it but it certainly wasn't ragequit-worthy and frankly i know his frustration when you have a guy in a chatroom who just wants to talk about his one thing only he gives a fuck about even though nobody engages him and he keeps trying. it's annoying. i don't know if acacia was that bad, but i imagine that's a similar situation.

i don't know if acacia was that bad, but i imagine that's a similar situation.

consider that he's been posting here for over two years and you might get a rough estimate

if you can't get the group to accept you, consider using other methods or look elsewhere?

Edited by Woodshooter

do you seriously think this poster, last post may 2013, has more of a say as to the happenings of this thread than anybody else

as to the rest of your post if you mean "he should have aired his grievances someplace else" that's fine and i agree he could totally have taken it to pms. if you mean "he should have shut up and internalized" then you're just being naive because that's just not a realistic solution when people deal with people daily and you know it.

i mean the PM part, where it was a perfectly good solution to take it to PMs. I'm not a one for "Shut up and internalized" solution because that just sounds terrible and oppressing.

Actually instead of I'm not a one for I am completely against that kind of thing, to the point where I despise it.

so if he'd taken the same comments to pm, how differently do you think the situation would have unfolded

There wouldn't be any public drama for one.

so if he'd taken the same comments to pm, how differently do you think the situation would have unfolded

i would like to elaborate on this to point out that it's entirely possible that marthur was restraining himself because of the value of public shame and that he could possibly have been more direct and dickish in a private conversation he wasn't worried about anyone else seeing

were that the case or were he just the same, the end result would probably still have been acacia ragequitting

if I'm being completely honest here, then I would rather it be "Instead of everyone against you" which is the vibe I got, it would be "I have some issues with you can you possibly change to a slight degree."

Though I have no intent to continue this, I'm just speculating my opinion.

i would like to elaborate on this to point out that it's entirely possible that marthur was restraining himself because of the value of public shame and that he could possibly have been more direct and dickish in a private conversation he wasn't worried about anyone else seeing

were that the case or were he just the same, the end result would probably still have been acacia ragequitting

molbile phones and their speed sigh

I guess this is the other alternative too, it would've been worse than just be better

In all terms you're right on that.

Edited by Hydra Phantom

There wouldn't be any public drama for one.

that's pretty much it though

acacia would have just vanished in the night, probably wouldn't have made any fuss about it, and been gone

i mean i guess there's a WHAT-IF chance that they would have hashed things out and everything would have been ok but come on man

if I'm being completely honest here, then I would rather it be "Instead of everyone against you" which is the vibe I got, it would be "I have some issues with you can you possibly change to a slight degree."

we did mention that to him publicly before however

i should know because i was with marthur on that one

Whoa okay... it seems like things are a little heated over here...

...I'm just gonna come back whenever things settle down, okay?

It's times like this where it really helps to take a step back and calm down a bit... but that's just my two cents.

Though I have no intent to continue this, I'm just speculating my opinion.

you don't have to remind me every single post that this is just your opinion dude, at least project some force instead of being all mushy about this lol

i'm honestly trying to parse your statement and coming up with nothing. as far as i can see you're saying that marthur might have been more sensitive about the issue in person and less direct? i have no idea how that follows, but i can't figure anything else out

also poking at posts

Ask yourself if people are going to care about what you want to talk about.

Will people care about the unremarkable weather in a country they don't even live in?

Will people care about you going to sleep even though you haven't posted for hours?

Etc.

i wish more people on sf did the things described here

hell i wish more people on skype did the third thing

no dude i don't need a 'goodbye', the last time you said something to me was four hours ago

we did mention that to him publicly before however

i should know because i was with marthur on that one

How many times? The attempt was more of a singling him out than just a group trying to change him, which is what happened before no?

My guess is everyone stopped caring(from his perspective) and then Marthur calls him out from the blue

Le sigh, my brain is getting tired.

Whoa okay... it seems like things are a little heated over here...

...I'm just gonna come back whenever things settle down, okay?

It's times like this where it really helps to take a step back and calm down a bit... but that's just my two cents.

my heart rate is a balmy sixty bpm

this is not heated

and guess what he said

HELLO

i mean you know me if i haven't said anything to you in a few hours i just vanish into the night because our conversation is done

i guess maybe people imagine an open window with no new words in it like two people sitting in a room staring at each other for hours

it would be rude to leave without saying goodbye!

sure thing kiddo

if you can't stand the heat you don't have to stay around here

If anything, it seems like this girl is getting me to be more smart about getting into heated discussions.

I guess I'll do the same thing she's doing then.

you know thinking of marthur's post here

why would you jump in after being silent to say "i'm gonna stay out of this"

it was pretty evident that you were staying out of it on account of you weren't posting, lol

How many times? The attempt was more of a singling him out than just a group trying to change him, which is what happened before no?

My guess is everyone stopped caring(from his perspective) and then Marthur calls him out from the blue

Le sigh, my brain is getting tired.

my guess is about twice or thrice and it was actually targetted to a small group who would just repeat each other, mostly saying hi or goodbye and leaving it at that with no other content

hell i stopped caring about most of the members here, but i've had a pretty rough patch for a few years and i mostly only liked the older members

consider leaving to rest, you don't have to stay

no dude i don't need a 'goodbye', the last time you said something to me was four hours ago

and guess what he said

HELLO

[spoiler=It had to be done]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BbfoU4z7Cs

Some of you might be interested to know that I almost misspelled "done" in the spoiler as "dong".