FE4 THREAD

Fia

and a ridiculous day/night system - monsters go absolutely nuts at night, and that becomes a huge issue in the final dungeon since you can't just clear it in half a day)

yeah, it won't even enter some areas

now that could have been neat

I pretty much stopped playing it because of that.

The bottom screen has an empty space too, so it really was a missed opportunity.

Edited by Marthur

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

I pretty much stopped playing it because of that.

The bottom screen has an empty space too, so it really was a missed opportunity.

that was downright ridiculous alright

could have been useful for bounty carrying, if anything

bounties... now that's another system i'm not quite fond of

you mean, a fan project? i can't say i care about those, hey tend to be a bit on the "oh my god this isn't a literal translation we need to make it a literal translation" side

so i just played an undub and called it a day

calling mana khemia's soundtrack "okay" is borderline blasphemous

while i speak highly of their soundtracks (especially the first game's), it's a fact that both mana khemias are pretty fucked up gameplay-wise

1 has bugs (and a ridiculous day/night system - monsters go absolutely nuts at night, and that becomes a huge issue in the final dungeon since you can't just clear it in half a day) and 2 is way too easy

so it's kinda hard to recommend them

Pretty much, from what I hear though, NIS America butchered the localisation, and apparently certain bugs made the game unplayable.

I think that was their reasoning for doing it, iirc

I don't remember it though >~>

I played the first, never got to the second, was considering the psp one.

It's been a few years, did fighting at night even merit anything besides a hard time?

Edited by Soledai

that was downright ridiculous alright

could have been useful for bounty carrying, if anything

bounties... now that's another system i'm not quite fond of

And I was just at the second dungeon or something (abandonned house)

Yeah, that could have been nice.

It adds a bit of tension since you have to be careful about them on your way back. I don't really mind them...except for the fact that they're limited to 3.

Pretty much, from what I hear though, NIS America butchered the localisation, and apparently certain bugs made the game unplayable.

I think that was their reasoning for doing it, iirc

I don't remember it though >~>

I played the first, never got to the second, was considering the psp one.

It's been a few years, did fighting at night even merit anything besides a hard time?

i finished the game, so it definitely isn't unplayable

of course, you have to kick the final boss's ass quick enough to prevent it from using an attack that freezes the game, but that's manageable

then open youtube and listen to the battle themes, at least

i heard the psp versions were worse (longer loading times, maybe?)

it wasn't doable so i didn't do it

And I was just at the second dungeon or something (abandonned house)

Yeah, that could have been nice.

It adds a bit of tension since you have to be careful about them on your way back. I don't really mind them...except for the fact that they're limited to 3.

and since the engine really limits grinding, there isn't a whole lot you can do about it at any point of the game

and then you have stuff like the fire caterpillars outside of the lava cave

i don't like that kind of tension

and then you have stuff like the fire caterpillars outside of the lava cave

i don't like that kind of tension

I admit I got a bounty destroy there the first time around... but you can easily run past them.

I admit I got a bounty destroy there the first time around... but you can easily run past them.

now that would depend on their positions and how many bounties you're carrying

it definitely isn't the case if you're carrying three

hey jenni, from the japanese wiki

best class = 2x skill exp

weapon skills: same skill exp per swing as long as you're dealing damage

earth magic skill: bigger skill exp reward for higher rank magic/more healed characters

shield skill: bigger skill exp reward for blocking stronger foes' attacks (but we already knew this)

gathering skills: bigger skill exp reward for higher rank sources

crafting skills: bigger skill exp reward for crafting higher rank recipes

inb4 "vincent already told me that"

well now

sasuke's monologue in this naruto chapter reminds me very much of alisa's love confession in sen 2

homo end confirmed

Edited by OldMan

I still haven't started Carpenter, Blacksmith, Paladin or Merc...

Why is my 3DS SD card running out of photo space? I had my first adventure with Oldman yesterday in Fantasy Life and I saved a grand total of 1 screenshot. I didn't get to screenshot our epic battle with Bigbeak :( (ohwell plenty of opportunities)

The camera app tells me I can still store like 300 photos! Data management says I have 22k open blocks. I can still take photos, but when I tried the screenshot function last night in FL it had the warning msg saying I had no space.

well you're an int/dex-type

you can't use shields with rods and bows anyway

and while blacksmith occasionally uses tailor mats, tailor doesn't really use blacksmith/carpenter

and if you need a blacksmith/carpenter, i'm here

just you watch, i won't die like a bitch in the next round against bigbeak

most platinum gear might require additional materials (apparently that rainbow feather is for the... dagger? ffs), but at least the shield doesn't

ps: nintendo a shit

Edited by OldMan

I like to take lots of screenshots too. Hmm maybe I'll switch my photo save location back to System Memory and see if that helps.

Maybe we should adventure tonight, Neal!

Yah I know I focused most my stats on Dex for Tailor/Hunter. But being able to craft other stuff would be nice 'o' like furniture for my house, and tools... should I just make a request list? :3

I like to take lots of screenshots too. Hmm maybe I'll switch my photo save location back to System Memory and see if that helps.

Yah I know I focused most my stats on Dex for Tailor/Hunter. But being able to craft other stuff would be nice 'o' like furniture for my house, and tools... should I just make a request list? :3

did you save the screenshot in the cartridge or something

jii

maybe

though not being able to craft would force you to look at online lists to know what you can get

neal

there are only two stats that have no synergy with each other

guess which ones

Str/Int...?

But I if I'm switching between a physical and magic, I want to maintain offensive pressure and not have to fall back too often.

(Unless I'm fighting something like King Slime earlier than I'm supposed to like I did.)

But then how would you transfer the photos? :o

! :3

How was the connection with TE, anyway?

Laggy? No?

Because TE is always saying something about high ping.

Edited by Fruity Insanity

did you save the screenshot in the cartridge or somethingjiimaybethough not being able to craft would force you to look at online lists to know what you can get

have you pressed Start button yet?

FL just saves screenshots onto your SD card or System memory, wherever your photos are.

crafting is so useful!

laters, shopping time

random piece of truth

Str/Int...?

But I if I'm switching between a physical and magic, I want to maintain offensive pressure and not have to fall back too often.

(Unless I'm fighting something like King Slime earlier than I'm supposed to like I did.)

neal neal neal

! :3

How was the connection with TE, anyway?

Laggy? No?

Because TE is always saying something about high ping.

it seemed okay

have you pressed Start button yet?

FL just saves screenshots onto your SD card or System memory, wherever your photos are.

crafting is so useful!

laters, shopping time

s-start button?

are you sure it wasn't saving in system memory then

crafting is great

noooo

i'll be bored now

Edited by OldMan