Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad direction sense thread.

Only. 8D

Hey man, i was able to beat the NES Metroid when i was like, 7. I just..never really got into Super Metroid. I never owned it and when im emulating, im like "where...?" One of these days, i should seriously play that game. Cuz i really didnt seriously try to beat it or anything before.

Hey man, i was able to beat the NES Metroid when i was like, 7. I just..never really got into Super Metroid. I never owned it and when im emulating, im like "where...?" One of these days, i should seriously play that game. Cuz i really didnt seriously try to beat it or anything before.

That explains it. Did you get to the Varia Suit? A lot of people tend to get stuck not figuring out where to go next at that exact point.

Super Metroid is pretty great.

Symphony of the Night is better though

I prefer it too, but I think Super Metroid has tighter design in general. Not to say Symphony has bad design, just that Super Metroid does better.

That explains it. Did you get to the Varia Suit? A lot of people tend to get stuck not figuring out where to go next at that exact point.

I prefer it too, but I think Super Metroid has tighter design in general. Not to say Symphony has bad design, just that Super Metroid does better.

I dont think i did get the Varia. I dont remember.

I think SotN is gr9mazing, but a little TOO easy to break the game. But i often love breaking the game.

Worst part is that bullshit where you have to explode a powerbomb in a specific screen in order to progress.

In Super?

My least favourite part was that one Missile Tank in Maridia you had to SUPER precisely shinespark to get. Or that one room where you have to jump straight up from a pit full of quicksand into a single-tile hole.

Also, fuck SM's walljump controls

Edited by shinpichu

I actually like walljumping in SM. It's fairly easy.

Maybe it's just me, but I could never do it consistently.

I think it's how you have to hold away from the wall while still pressing up against it....eh, maybe I'm just too used to MMX/Zero/ZX walljumps.

My least favourite part was that one Missile Tank in Maridia you had to SUPER precisely shinespark to get. Or that one room where you have to jump straight up from a pit full of quicksand into a single-tile hole.

Also, fuck SM's walljump controls

Heh, that one's not that bad. Take a look at this one in Zero Mission at 3:40 to 4:20.

SM's? Along with Zero Mission, those were the best. Fusion's Wall jumping sucked.

Man, megaman X/Zero/ZX wall jumps don't even compare to metroid's. That stuff's easy mode.

Edited by Sirius

Heh, that one's not that bad. Take a look at this one in Zero Mission at 3:40 to 4:20.

Oh gawd.

Man, megaman X/Zero/ZX wall jumps don't even compare to metroid's. That stuff's easy mode.

okay, I'm a filthy casual scrub. no need to rub it in.