• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

ever since I studied university maths, whenever it comes to arguments along the lines of "Is X a Y?", I tend to always think "what is the exact definition of Y?". the other type of argument seems to be philisophical, ie "what constitutes a Y?". should X count as a Y?

is X technically a Y?

so I realized what's actually important is what question are you asking.

from my personal viewpoint, I just call any console game a video game, out of laziness I suppose. but I may specify visual novel if I want to.

do visual novels count as games? tbh I haven't played many "pure" visual novels, because the closest one I can think of is 999 which had puzzle segments. if we're talking one of those VNs with literally pictures,text, and choices to lead to various endings then... I think I would consider that gameplay enough!

ever since I studied university maths, whenever it comes to arguments along the lines of "Is X a Y?", I tend to always think "what is the exact definition of Y?". the other type of argument seems to be philisophical, ie "what constitutes a Y?". should X count as a Y?

is X technically a Y?

definitions can change depending on context and ideology, so

from my personal viewpoint, I just call any console game a video game, out of laziness I suppose. but I may specify visual novel if I want to.

do visual novels count as games? tbh I haven't played many "pure" visual novels, because the closest one I can think of is 999 which had puzzle segments. if we're talking one of those VNs with literally pictures,text, and choices to lead to various endings then... I think I would consider that gameplay enough!

it's controversial

are you trying to persuade us that you still play games, jenni

definitions can change depending on context and ideology, so

it's controversial

are you trying to persuade us that you still play games, jenni

oh yeah that too.

definitions are not universal. even maths. we define a Ring to have 1 but some other people define those specifically as "Rings with a 1", so their usual rings don't necessarily have a 1!

controversy

oh yeah that too.

definitions are not universal. even maths. we define a Ring to have 1 but some other people define those specifically as "Rings with a 1", so their usual rings don't necessarily have a 1!

controversy

it isn't a wrong way to approach an issue though

it's just that even if there's an absolute truth out there, your hands are too tiny to grasp it

but you already knew that

do you like controversies

I'm rusty at that too!

: P

i see what you did there

and so did nightmare, i suppose

: P

are you sure it wasn't saying that i wished the game?

because it wwas on my wish list

i got it now tho

Maybe.

I don't remember if Steam shows those though.

There's just a column that says "Friends who already own this game" I think?

Washizuka power is pretty fun too.

And pretty broken too.

is X technically a Y?

Just start calling everything an interactive experience.

Bam.

i dunno who's "what's-his-face" so

why did you even doubt me

dude

what do you have against badass wolves

The S-rank bracer. Shizuku's dad. The "Swordsman of the Wind" or whatever he's called.

I suddenly forgot what his name was. A-something.

I dunno. I didn't really.

It's just confirmation.

What.

Tio's kawaii, too, don't worry.

It's a freakin' wolf.

But Moriya is Kenshin without the scar

the resemblance is stronger on Washizuka, tho

Kagami is a buffer Aoshi, too