• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

so apparently I'd be fine with "uploading my consciousness" to an un-organic device

but the thought of nanotech inside my organic body terrifies the living daylights out of me

But you'd be able to quote Metal Gear.

Moreso because they're both plants.

Speaking of dinosaurs friendly dinosaurs are great.

Dioneae even has leaf ears so she looks like dog/catgirl plant too.

Yoshi

I'm not a dinosaur you know. ;w;

Maybe that's why you're not awesome

so apparently I'd be fine with "uploading my consciousness" to an un-organic device

but the thought of nanotech inside my organic body terrifies the living daylights out of me

huh

Edited by Neir

Hm, I'm the opposite. I wouldn't be okay with uploading my consciousness to a thing because it woudn't really be 'me'. Yet I'd be a-okay with nanotech stuff inside me. Pros outweigh the cons.

But you'd be able to quote Metal Gear.

Dioneae even has leaf ears so she looks like dog/catgirl plant too.

Yoshi

So Dionaea is a plant wolfgirl then(hng too cute)

And Plessi

I can't post about intelligent stuff. ._. I'm never satisfying with how I worded it.

AIs that don't learn emotions will forever be inferior to humans.

Morality is important, damn it.

Maybe for humans. "Inferior" animals get along fine if not better without morality.

Hm, I'm the opposite. I wouldn't be okay with uploading my consciousness to a thing because it woudn't really be 'me'. Yet I'd be a-okay with nanotech stuff inside me. Pros outweigh the cons.

So Dionaea is a plant wolfgirl then(hng too cute)

And Plessi

Nano machines son

Dionaea too cute.

New! Plessi ruins friendships though

Nano machines son

Dionaea too cute.

New! Plessi ruins friendships though

With nano machines I could even become President.

Too cute indeed.

Iunno I've only seen Plessi in 3D Wor-ohhhhhh, right. Plessi first popped up Mario 64. But New! Plessi is cute.

What Tsamimi said reminded me of this gem.

Florida pastor plans to convert robots to Christianity

Artificial intelligence and autonomous robots should be encouraged to become religious, a US reverend has said.

Reverend Christopher Benek, associate pastor of Providence Presbyterian Church in Florida, believes advanced forms of artificial intelligence should be welcomed into the Christian faith.

"I don't see Christ's redemption limited to human beings," Benek said in an interview with the futurist Zoltan Istvan. "It's redemption to all of creation, even AI.

"If AI is autonomous, then we should encourage it to participate in Christ's redemptive purposes in the world."

The rise of artificial intelligence in recent years has led several high-profile scientists and futurists to warn of the dangers posed if its development is not kept in check.

In January renowned physicist Stephen Hawking and entrepreneur extraordinaire Elon Musk pledged to ensure that the development of artificial intelligence benefits rather than hinders mankind.

"There is now a broad consensus that AI research is progressing steadily, and that its impact on society is likely to increase," stated the open letter from the Future of Life Institute, signed by both Hawking and Musk.

"The potential benefits are huge, since everything that civilisation has to offer is a product of human intelligence. Because of the great potential of AI, it is important to research how to reap its benefits while avoiding potential pitfalls."

Benek believes there is an important aspect to artificial intelligence being overlooked by celebrated scientist Hawking.

"Hawking's concerns sound scary on the surface, and they are shared by many, but he isn't considering one very important aspect of humanity that will affect AIs," Benek said in a blogpost last year.

"Hawking is ignoring that the vast number of the world's human beings consider themselves to be spiritual beings and how that belief has positively affected the world.

"Who is to say that one day AIs might not even lead humans to new levels of holiness?"

Source: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/florida-reverend-christopher-benek-wants-convert-artificial-intelligence-christianity-1486912

Edited by Makaze

no lego, irrelevant

are you going to deny its hilarity, now

oh, bw

1. how was the interview

2. how's fantasy life (if at all)

Interview got moved to 9 and a half hours from now because of weather.

We stopped playing for a bit, but there is a lot to do. It's a lot of fun.

Judgment time in 9 hours, so night night.

Edited by shadowofchaos