FE4 THREAD

Fia

Oh yeah, Goodra. How could I forget. Yeah, maybe Tropius, but it doesn't have the look. It doesn't mind if folks eat the fruit from its neck though.

Not Goomy obviously. Tropius it is.

Tyrantrum?

Maybe the lovable grump.

Edited by Ein

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Jenni got my pun

Best Jenni

Wow, that's a really thick southern accent.

specially when you add more details like jojo starting as a ultra macho series with bulky man, but in denial regarding their homosexuality. Dio "gaining power" by having something invading his face comes to mind.

Then you have pillar men, who represent the first contact araki had with out of the closet gay men - Kars became the ultimate life form because he now could handle the sunlight, which is a metaphore for coming out of the closet, being open about his sexuality and not having to hide in the shadows.

there's also part 3 which again revolves around araki's denial and fear of coming out.

5 good-looking men travelling the world together, all of them really fond of each other but having things on their minds that make them feel guilty about coming out - Jotaro and Joseph have Molly, Polnareff has his dead sister, Abdul has his religion and Kakyoin has his fangirls. With that in mind they go fight the "bicha má" Dio Brando who is also in a strange kind of denial: he's undoublty homosexual, but never comes to admit it, even though he's already using another man's body and convincing his minions to do his work by seducing him.

holy shit dude

Araki's Bizarre Adventure of Self-Discovery.

I see you even got Jenni interested. Well done.

holy shit dude

I see you even got Jenni interested. Well done.

Part 4: The autor tries to experience a "regular life" - hence why the emphasis on more slice of life chapters like going to the restaurant, having bets with the local celebrity, taking care of babies, etc. That would explain why Kira is so obssessed with having a quiet life, he's a guy in the closet who doesn't want his sexuality to be an issue on his daily life, therefore deciding to not show anything to anyone. Also it's important to notice something: stand users usually were born with the stand, sometimes considered an EVIL SPIRIT. In part 4, however, we see Dio's golden arrow being a major plot device, that creates new stand users. Can we consider it as something that gets people out of their closet?

Part 5: Araki, being the father of two, decides to explore how can someone be affected by having a homosexual father. Giorno, deciding to not follow his father's footsteps, tries to gather as many different people as possible - Guido as the straight guy, Narancia being a gender confused person, Abbacio as the usually straight guy with a huge crush on his deceased partner, and Bruno as his lover. Also Trish being the token girl. In this part we can see how he slowly coming to terms not only with himself, but with different aspects of sexuality.

Part 6: Now we see Araki, more comfortable with himself, tackling religion. Pucci, a priest, was deeply involved with Dio, therefore going against his own religion in order to achieve internal peace. Also small glimpses of lesbianism are shown in this part, involving Jolyne and Hermes. Emporio resembles the innocence lost by knowing or even acknowledging sexuality, and the climax of Stone Ocean represents how Araki himself lost it.

Edited by Яei Яei

why not?

i'd say part 8 is araki finally finding peace in a sailor suit but there's something involving 4 balls that i don't quite get

Spoil away, ReiRei. This is really interesting.

thanks bro

sorry if you wanted to read it

what about the most straight and manly and american part, part 7

featuring copious ball handling, cross country horse rides and male bonding

i guess you could associate this with annasui's wish in part 6 jolyne and him wanted to get married, so i interpret that as araki wanting to really love his wife or some shit like that. part 7 aresses this by making two actual straight characters, and in a "what if?" scenario.