• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

english: battlerage/shadowplay/auramancy

french: art of fighters/art of assassins/art of spirits

japanese: fighting/duty/will

ah, localizations

I'm guessing he's talking of Victor Kudo.

the nerve of that whippersnapper

english: battlerage/shadowplay/auramancy

french: art of fighters/art of assassins/art of spirits

japanese: fighting/duty/will

ah, localizations

fancy localisations are the best, but those don't seem like actual translations...

fancy localisations are the best, but those don't seem like actual translations...

it gets worse when we're talking about the actual classes (they're combinations of three skillsets, and each of them has a unique name)

the druid class (eng) is called royal guard in jap

meanwhile, the english honorguard is "autumnial bard" in nipponese

no clue about their original korean names

Edited by TravelingElder

it gets worse when we're talking about the actual classes (they're combinations of three skillsets, and each of them has a unique name)

the druid class (eng) is called royal guard in jap

meanwhile, the english honorguard is "autumnial bard" in nipponese

no clue about their original korean names

mmo translations always fall short it seems

unless it's something like ff

so, it's time for more rambling about that mmo

but now with 100% more spoiler tags because this is shit nobody cares about

when i started playing that mmo in march (...), i chose the smallest server i could identify because 1. there would be less random pking; 2. it would be more soloable; and 3. smaller servers always die first

and now, 6 months later, death seems unavoidable indeed

when i joined, the server seemed to be in a kind of stasis - however, there was a spark of activity when a big update happened, making people come back to see what the fuss was about

however, that update was received with mixed reactions - and perhaps because of that, the mmo's publisher decided to announce the merge of half of the servers, possibly in a 2:1 ratio

three points about that:

1. a week before the announcement, their community manager told people repeatedly that a merger wasn't in the plans;

2. it was announced with extremely vague details and with insulting, obvious euphemisms (they called it "evolution" at first);

3. they announced the servers that were likely going to be merged

as an informed newcomer wouldn't choose a server marked for merging, that was akin to a death sentence - and the server i chose, naturally, was among the "evolution candidates"

there was some outrage at first, but most people decided to wait and see what was going to happen... until the publisher released details about who was going to merge with who, and about server transfers

the server that's going to be merged with ours got extremely scared by the stories about the pirate guild in our server, and decided to make a cross-faction alliance to gather resources and gear up to face it

however that alliance failed horribly, and... they decided they don't want to face the pirate guild, and chose to transfer to another server (fun fact: transfers are only allowed from merging servers to non-merging servers, and they can only happen a week before the merge itself)

as server 2's big guilds gave up, the pirate guild from our server decided to transfer to another server as well

and this was how the merged server died before it even happened - the merge is next friday

i should be freed from this before october

Sure sure...

i expected it to crash and burn in 1-2 months, but it's stillborn already

it might very well become a boring ghost town, saskules - pvp is the essence of this game, the pve is shit

i'm already making plans to secure property in a way that doesn't bind me to the game - and i might be able to pull it off if they don't lock auction house access before i come back home today