• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that's when it comes to handhelds. Don't know about the consoles, though I would think it was around the same time or so, if there wasn't a lock there to begin with.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Looks like I can slip in a few hours of Cold Steel 2 today, since my Cubone can't evolve into Alolan Marowak until it's night time.

good dusk

Sun and Moon are too good.

please elaborate

http://otakomu.jp/archives/461850.html

marthur twitching.gif

Edited by TheEnd

please elaborate

The writing is good, the difficulty is there if you choose not to use the EXP. Share and turn the battle style to Set--the more important battles are difficult, but not to a point where you need to grind (I haven't grinded at all, and I've lost on two separate battles. I also don't use Z-Moves), the gameplay itself is rock solid now, with some nice QoL changes. The music is fantastic, too, and a contender for best soundtrack in the entire franchise. It's an overall pleasant experience.

It's a little hand-holdy at times, especially at the start. But it's still really good, despite that. The only things I can say annoy me are some of the encounter rates (Goomy, for example, is a 5% chance in one specific location, it has to be naturally raining [which is rare], and it's only obtainable through SOS battles [replacement of horde battles]. The SOS battles are also implemented poorly, although I can see them being great post-game to EV train Pokémon. Finally, the online component is incredibly clunky. Which baffles me, since X and Y's online interface is leagues better. Game Freak really are the masters of one step forward, one step behind.

The writing is good, the difficulty is there if you choose not to use the EXP. Share and turn the battle style to Set--the more important battles are difficult, but not to a point where you need to grind (I haven't grinded at all, and I've lost on two separate battles. I also don't use Z-Moves), the gameplay itself is rock solid now, with some nice QoL changes. The music is fantastic, too, and a contender for best soundtrack in the entire franchise. It's an overall pleasant experience.

It's a little hand-holdy at times, especially at the start. But it's still really good, despite that. The only things I can say annoy me are some of the encounter rates (Goomy, for example, is a 5% chance in one specific location, it has to be naturally raining [which is rare], and it's only obtainable through SOS battles [replacement of horde battles]. The SOS battles are also implemented poorly, although I can see them being great post-game to EV train Pokémon. Finally, the online component is incredibly clunky. Which baffles me, since X and Y's online interface is leagues better. Game Freak really are the masters of one step forward, one step behind.

Still at the beginning but I agree on that this game is really good and better than the previous one imo

the game is actually balanced around using EXP Share, like you'll just be "on par" for levels because EXP scales w/ higher/lower levels

I've had it on the entire time (+ Set instead of Shift) and it's a pretty decent challenge. Nothing really special but infinitely better than last gen