FE4 THREAD

Fia

since september '99 here

Man, before the big 2000, huh.

Looking back, at least as far back as that Chrono site, it's a bit sad to see how the forums are almost sorta dead. It's understandable though, the lack of new stuff for the series has taken its toll. Not to mention that despite the initial activity surge it brought, the fact their romhacking project got a C&D really left long-lasting repercussions. I still check the place though, as there's still people posting. And then there's those few old members reminiscing about the good old times (which for them it was 2004-2005 or so). So yeah.

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, before the big 2000, huh.

Looking back, at least as far back as that Chrono site, it's a bit sad to see how the forums are almost sorta dead. It's understandable though, the lack of new stuff for the series has taken its toll. Not to mention that despite the initial activity surge it brought, the fact their romhacking project got a C&D really left long-lasting repercussions. I still check the place though, as there's still people posting. And then there's those few old members reminiscing about the good old times (which for them it was 2004-2005 or so). So yeah.

very barely

and then, years later, squeenix said they'd consider working on a sequel if the ds port sold lots

so smooth

why would people stay in a place that has been dead for years

wait

Looking back, I seem to have joined in what was the (non-apparent at first) last hurrah. I was among the horde of new members who signed up after the DS port of Trigger got released (so November 2008), and their romhack project was near completion. And then March 2009 happened.

To be fair, a few of the old guard had actually left the forums some time back, and only have come back recently. But as I mentioned, the place is still somewhat active. Currently some hacking projects have sprug up again. Nothing as ambitious as Crimson Echoes was, but still. As it is, the forums are likely to remain with that low-activity for a while still. The site itself I don't see it dying as like Serenes it also has a wikia for game info, but it seems the fancommunity is almost done for barring a miracle at this point.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

looking at the database's final 3.0 patch notes and confirming that i chose a good time to leave

feels good to make good decisions every now and then

Looking back, I seem to have joined in what was the (non-apparent at first) last hurrah. I was among the horde of new members who signed up after the DS port of Trigger got released (so November 2008), and their romhack project was near completion. And then March 2009 happened.

To be fair, a few of the old guard had actually left the forums some time back, and only have come back recently. But as I mentioned, the place is still somewhat active. Currently some hacking projects have sprug up again. Nothing as ambitious as Crimson Echoes was, but still. As it is, the forums are likely to remain with that low-activity for a while still. The site itself I don't see it dying as like Serenes it also has a wikia for game info, but it seems the fancommunity is almost done for barring a miracle at this point.

so the final c&d was actually after the ds release? i only knew the really old one, haha

well, fe still has new games, and nintendo/is still exist

unlike ct and squaresoft

-gets money for helping someone move-

-gets a computer as well-

-checks to see if Arcana Heart 3 Love Max is still on sale-

-sale has ended-

Woe is me