• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Flamethrower > Fire Blast

The problem is when Flamethrower comes around. Typhlosion cannot get Flamethrower until Level 42, which makes Fire Blast the superior option SpA wise unless you like to hurt things with Ember all day long. It has low PP and it's accuracy isn't the best, but it gives Cyndaquil the "nuke shit" option.

As for Magmar, he also can learn a plethora of TMs. IIRC there's a TM for Focus Blast in Goldenrod (can't confirm as I don't have the game), which Magmar can learn before Cyndaquil line can. Only Typhlosion can learn the attack, and Focus Blast helps Magmar vs. Rock-types since their SpD is total ass. While it comes late in the game there is also Psychic which gives Magmar an edge in the Elite 4 vs. Bruno and Koga (it conserves Flamethrower and Fire Blast PP usage). I admit that Cyndaquil is helpful vs. Sprout Tower though. Just stating that Magmar coming so late isn't a bad thing. Aside from Sprout Tower there isn't an absolute "need" for Fire-types. There is Bugsy, but even the Onicks can hold him off (the only threatening Pokemon on his team is Scyther and you just need someone to buffer the U-turn). I'd still call Cyndaquil the best starter though if it wasn't for Swords Dance needing 4000 Coins (and playing the slots consumes time or burning a lot of cash) and Waterfall doesn't come until Ice Path. I guess it also depends on what you consider earlygame, midgame, lategame, blahblahblah. Either way I'd still pick Cyndaquil over the other two, but picking Toto isn't a total sin either.

So, this is now the pokemon and UT thread?

I'm still surprised that pokemon lasted this long. Are the new games, just remakes of the old silver and gold?

Hmm, if I was any good at FPS shooters...but I'm terrible at them. Meh, I rather brawl.

I'm still surprised that pokemon lasted this long. Are the new games, just remakes of the old silver and gold?

Hmm, if I was any good at FPS shooters...but I'm terrible at them. Meh, I rather brawl.

Brawl is lame.

Brawl is lame.

:(.

Well, I'm terrible at FPS. I can't move and shoot and recoil makes my already bad aim worst (or better, if I get lucky). I tend to hit feet if I'm running and shooting. I try to snipe, but people move...no scoping is non-existent. The only thing I like and am good at are Halo swords. Though, rockets have a certain appeal to them too...My aim can be as bad...but I can usually hit something...

That was the online game of the thread a while back.

Colonel, Colonel... what are we going to do with you?

I guess I do belong in a loony bin. You could also request Thunderman to put a banhammer to my name, but tyranny gives me the upper hand...

...I think...

Please don't hurt me.

Epic news that no one here would probably care about:

ENTEI CAN USE FLARE BLITZ NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally has a 120 BP STAB that he can use with his 115 base Atk. It won't be long before he gets kicked out of NU.

In other news, Quiet Heatran can have Eruption, Suicune gets Sheer Cold (if that's even allowed), and Raikou gets Zap Cannon.

Edited by Proto

That was the online game of the thread a while back.

And it was a good time.

On an unrelated note, almost done with Hotel Dusk.

google post

Edited by Pride

I just found out that the Graphics card in my laptop is the cause of the overheating. Seriously. The NVIDIA Graphics card in HP Pavilions causes them to overheat and fry the motherboard.

Oh, well, at least the Harddrive should be fine if the Motherboard goes.

I just found out that the Graphics card in my laptop is the cause of the overheating. Seriously. The NVIDIA Graphics card in HP Pavilions causes them to overheat and fry the motherboard.

What's the model of the graphics card?

I think he wants you to be more specific.

(such as mine being an NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS)

The specs here arn't very specific... Hold on, I'm gonna go look it up.

It's a GeForce Go 7150M, apparently.

Edited by Jan Valentine

The specs here arn't very specific... Hold on, I'm gonna go look it up.

It's a GeForce Go 7150M, apparently.

Your card is very poor. It's VERY outdated.

I think he wants you to be more specific.

(such as mine being an NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS)

And yeah, that's what I meant. And your card also isn't that great for a laptop card. ;/