FE4 THREAD

Fia

Um um... I don't know what they mean. ^^;

What do they stand for?

There are two ruling TKD federations, World and International.

Apparently, they have slightly different styles as well. WTF is the one that is featured in the Olympics.

I think that ITF is more of a balance between hand/feet moves and WTF is focused mainly on kicking.

Edited by Hatari

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jan, are you WTF or ITF?

Same question for you Lux.

Technically neither- Your dojang (Basically, the korean equivalent of "dojo") has to pay to be part of either one.

We went more by ITF rules though. WTF allows for knockouts while ITF doesn't, ITF allows punches to the head while WTF doesn't, and Neither covers grappling techniques. We had no KO's allowed and punches to the head were allowed at my dojo, but we also did grappling.

Edited by Jan Valentine

No.

Failing at judo during childhood doesn't count, since it's closer to a sport than to an actual martial art.

Isn't judo a more of a grappling martial art?

Technically neither- Your dojang (Basically, the korean equivalent of "dojo") has to pay to be part of either one.

We went more by ITF rules though. WTF allows for knockouts while ITF doesn't, ITF allows punches to the head while WTF doesn't, and Neither covers grappling techniques. We had no KO's allowed and punches to the head were allowed at my dojo, but we also did grappling.

Ah, I hope you all wear gear or something for head attacks XD...Was the grappling hapkido based?

Edited by Hatari

It's a rather bad, vulnerable move.

Axe kicks really aren't that useful in a straight-up fight. People use them because they are hard to see coming, but the flexibility needed to get any power out of it is quite high.

There are two ruling TKD federations, World and International.

Apparently, they have slightly different styles as well. WTF is the one that is featured in the Olympics.

I think that ITF is more of a balance between hand/feet moves and WTF is focused mainly on kicking.

ITF it is then.

Axe kicks really aren't that useful in a straight-up fight. People use them because they are hard to see coming, but the flexibility needed to get any power out of it is quite high.

I'm talking about the way it works in Garou, not about real life.

Isn't judo a more of a grappling martial art?

Throwing, grappling, choking techniques.

Only. 8D

Interesting, choking always sounds dangerous...i wouldn't like that :(

Not very useful in self defense though, since you kind of need to grab your target from behind most times.

I've read a bit of a judo book written by an American sensei. The self defense chapter was like "so you want to defend yourself? 1) Forget everything you've read so far; 2) this is how to punch."

Not very useful in self defense though, since you kind of need to grab your target from behind most times.

I've read a bit of a judo book written by an American sensei. The self defense chapter was like "so you want to defend yourself? 1) Forget everything you've read so far; 2) this is how to punch."

LOL, yeah, probably not useful in self-defense...punching and kicking might be better.

Or something like krav maga which is just all out brutality.

Though Brazilian Jujitsu is interesting (not that I'd ever take lessons, ground fights = :(), but again, not sure of the self-defense value.

Edited by Hatari

LOL, yeah, probably not useful in self-defense...punching and kicking might be better.

Or something like krav maga which is just all out brutality.

Though Brazilian Jujitsu is interesting (not that I'd ever take lessons, ground fights = :(), but again, not sure of the self-defense value.

It's more commonly called Jiu-Jitsu (lol mangled wapanese), and known as a far more brutal branch of regular Judo.

Thugs and "tough men" in general tend to learn it, here. :<

Edited by TheEnd

It's more commonly called Jiu-Jitsu (lol mangled wapanese), and known as a far more brutal branch of regular Judo.

Thugs and "tough men" in general tend to learn it, here. :<

Oh, opps, misspellings XD. Yeah, I've seen some clips of it on youtube. It's...interesting since it's all pre-planned.

Kinda like how Hapkido is considered to be more violent than Akido, and it def. is, no doubt there...not to mention it completely ignores that Hapkido is Korean and Akido is Japanese.

Oh? that can't be a good thing.

Edited by Hatari