• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a talk earlier with Speedwagon over JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, specifically Dio and The World. He had said that you corrected him in use of "toki w(o) tomare" into using "tokiyo tomare". I've been seeing this everywhere online, too.

Why is it "yo", though? I'm only coming up on finishing my second semester in Japanese at the moment, so I don't quite understand it. Also, how does "tomaru" conjugate into "tomare"? Is it another kind of verb change I've yet to learn?

Hmm.

No need to be hurtful. :<

*stabs*

It seems I never elaborated to you. So only Seph, Lux, Amethyst and Hatari knew so far =/

=DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Silly MTA.

I had a talk earlier with Speedwagon over JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, specifically Dio and The World. He had said that you corrected him in use of "toki w(o) tomare" into using "tokiyo tomare". I've been seeing this everywhere online, too.

Why is it "yo", though? I'm only coming up on finishing my second semester in Japanese at the moment, so I don't quite understand it. Also, how does "tomaru" conjugate into "tomare"? Is it another kind of verb change I've yet to learn?

Could be similar to this?

It seems I never elaborated to you. So only Seph, Lux, Amethyst and Hatari knew so far =/

=DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

>___________>

Blackberry don't expect quick responses. Also say busy or online, it helps when messaging you. >_>

Time to go. Bye, be back on Tuesday, maybe.

>___________>

Blackberry don't expect quick responses. Also say busy or online, it helps when messaging you. >_>

Time to go. Bye, be back on Tuesday, maybe.

=/

Okay I never log in as offline anymore, I just had to go early very time this week. I was waiting for oyu on Friday, but eventually I just went to sleep. You logged on about 15 minutes later >_>

Okay, later sis =o

First paragraph only. 8[

No.

Tomaru is an intransitive verb - therefore, you use it with ga. Unlike its counterpart tomeru, which, being transitive, calls for o.

Roughly: Toki ga tomaru - time stops (itself). Toki wo tomeru - (to) stop time.

Tomare is the (rough) imperative form for tomaru.

"Toki yo" kind of works like a vocative, as far I know.

Note that she's thinking about someone else when she does that.

That changes stuff.

But well, better than touching yourself WHILE thinking in yourself.

My Ibuki sucks. :<

It isn't your Ibuki.

So, since I was pretty much using gen 4 pokes in HGSS, I decided to try my hand on a childlike Platinum pt instead. How long until I drop it? Dun dun dun

ScreenShot040.png

Why I am leveling this, again

I wish I could find that fabled patch that allowed access to Platinum's underground on No$GBA. Oh well, maybe it really doesn't exist after all.