• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok right now I'm thinking....

Grey: Mercenary. His growths in general suck but the promotion boost and additional STR from base of Mercs would make him decent early on.

Robin: Archer. This guy looks like a failure but at least his base SPD is a nice 6 as opposed to Archer's 2.

Cliff: Cavalier. SPD would go from 2 to 5 and this seems to be the second strongest in terms of STR to be coupled with his impressive SPD growth.

Thoughts on Lion's Head Bonus's

[spoiler=Alm's Group]

Thief Shrine Speed HP 3

Assuming you've already promoted your villagers: Grey suffers badly on Speed and should take at least one there. While Cliff starts slow, he'll quickly grow out of it and will probably be fine without. It might not be a bad plan to give one point to Silk, though I'm not sure how often this will keep her from getting doubled. Luka might not be a bad third choice. As far as HP, just pad out anyone who's looking light on it.

Liberation army's HQ Defence Strength 3

Your Peg Knight would quite badly like some points in strength. Her promotion is a long way off, and she really needs some added oomph, either in the form of a weapon (but that might tank her speed), or in the form of this. Robin also suffered chronically low strength for me. As for defense, I dunno, your guess is as good as mine.

Forest Shrine HP EXP 3

Stats that I don't pay much attention to, go!

Fear Shrine Speed Luck 3

By this point in the game, you're better off looking at the current state of your stats, and adjusting appropriately. This is rather near the final bits of the game, depending on how you handle route branches.

Secret Shrine Defence Revival 5

See Fear Shrine notes

[spoiler=Celica's group]

Monastery Strength Speed 3

Boey was very sub-par for me all game. I don't know whether it would have been better to give him a kick-start to make him decent, or if it would be more worthwhile on focusing on your existing powerhouses. This might come down to a choice in style for you. Anyway, I once again recommend at least putting some Speed on Jenny, as you never want your healers getting doubled.

Sea Shrine Skill HP 3

Nobody cares about Skill and HP, lol. Distribute as you see fit.

Mila's Temple Strength EXP 3

Stength could probably go on your choice of Saber or Kamui, I guess. Maybe invest some in Celica too if she's doing poorly at this point, though her items should really be helping her out in this regard already probably.

Sages' Village Defence 5

Doma's Tower- Floor 1 Luck Speed 3

Doma's Tower- Floor 2 Skill 3

Doma's Tower- Floor 3 HP

Doma's Tower- Floor 4 Defence Strength 3

These are all essentially Endgame, do what you will with them.

Thoughts on Lion's Head Bonus's

[spoiler=Alm's Group]

Thief Shrine Speed HP 3

Assuming you've already promoted your villagers: Grey suffers badly on Speed and should take at least one there. While Cliff starts slow, he'll quickly grow out of it and will probably be fine without. It might not be a bad plan to give one point to Silk, though I'm not sure how often this will keep her from getting doubled. Luka might not be a bad third choice. As far as HP, just pad out anyone who's looking light on it.

Liberation army's HQ Defence Strength 3

Your Peg Knight would quite badly like some points in strength. Her promotion is a long way off, and she really needs some added oomph, either in the form of a weapon (but that might tank her speed), or in the form of this. Robin also suffered chronically low strength for me. As for defense, I dunno, your guess is as good as mine.

Forest Shrine HP EXP 3

Stats that I don't pay much attention to, go!

Fear Shrine Speed Luck 3

By this point in the game, you're better off looking at the current state of your stats, and adjusting appropriately. This is rather near the final bits of the game, depending on how you handle route branches.

Secret Shrine Defence Revival 5

See Fear Shrine notes

[spoiler=Celica's group]

Monastery Strength Speed 3

Boey was very sub-par for me all game. I don't know whether it would have been better to give him a kick-start to make him decent, or if it would be more worthwhile on focusing on your existing powerhouses. This might come down to a choice in style for you. Anyway, I once again recommend at least putting some Speed on Jenny, as you never want your healers getting doubled.

Sea Shrine Skill HP 3

Nobody cares about Skill and HP, lol. Distribute as you see fit.

Mila's Temple Strength EXP 3

Stength could probably go on your choice of Saber or Kamui, I guess. Maybe invest some in Celica too if she's doing poorly at this point, though her items should really be helping her out in this regard already probably.

Sages' Village Defence 5

Doma's Tower- Floor 1 Luck Speed 3

Doma's Tower- Floor 2 Skill 3

Doma's Tower- Floor 3 HP

Doma's Tower- Floor 4 Defence Strength 3

These are all essentially Endgame, do what you will with them.

Bookmarked. Thoughts on my Villager promotions?

Also, I will be recording this if I can find an emulator that can record videos even though there's a chance I may fail due to the slow level ups and lack of grinding I will have.

Edited by Sirius

I personally favor Cliff as a Mage, since he learns some pretty useful spells like Thunder and Excalibur fairly quick. I usually make Robin a Cavalier, though I admit he usually does poorly no matter what I make him. Otherwise, I definitely agree with Grey's promotion. The speed bonus combined with his favoring power really helps, definitely made him my star player!

Edited by Kintenbo

Also, I will be recording this if I can find an emulator that can record videos even though there's a chance I may fail due to the slow level ups and lack of grinding I will have.

Those actually look like quite good choices. I was almost going to recommend two archers, but then I think you'd run into a lack of good bows, and you'll already have Python as well, as long as you don't neglect him (which I think I did by accident).

I'll be interested to see how this goes down actually. I'll double-check later tonight when I'm on Windows to see if my emulator of choice records or not. Failing that, I may have something else that could potentially work,

I'm changing my choice of Cliff to Mage. Cavalier looks nice but I just remembered that the weapons are rather limited and considering how Alm's party already has Ruka, Fols, Clea and Clerbe as lance users... yeah. Plus the levels he learns some spells are indeed awesome.

Edited by Sirius

I prefer my corn without the cob. The corn always gets stuck between my teeth when I try to eat it off the cob.

Oh, and I'm not lonely. Really.

Edited by Charlie