Bow using classes.

Which Bow-Using Class is better?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Out of these

• Archer -> Sniper
    • Hunter -> Horseman

Right, in my Gordin vs. Norne topic, people were talking about using Castor instead, then taking up that point, I got wondering about the question in this topic.

Which Bow using Class is better, excluding Reclass?

I'd say that Hunter --> Horseman is better because the Hunter class has a stronger start than the Archer class. Archers receive a pretty significant boost when they promote, but I think it's more important to have a decent base than having good promotion gains.

Though I really think that mixing and matching classes through reclass is better than a straight up Archer --> Sniper or Hunter --> Horseman. =\

The better routes are something like Cavalier (Pegasus Knight) -> Sniper (weird, huh?) and Hunter -> Warrior (better weapon selection with the better rank nevertheless). Horseman is still somewhat usable so... yeah, Hunter -> Horseman.

EDIT: Though I'm not 100% sure on this, some might be able to work Hunter -> General if they have a good Def growth in the Hunter class (someone like Kashim or Dolph rolls in my head, but FEPlanet doesn't work on this computer).

Edited by Colonel M

I voted for Hunter to Horsemen for Wolf and Sedgar. They are both great. Reclass them for even better. As a General they can use bows so they'll have the Defense of a General with bows. I know you said no Reclasas but I thought I'd mention this.

I voted for Hunter to Horsemen for Wolf and Sedgar. They are both great. Reclass them for even better. As a General they can use bows so they'll have the Defense of a General with bows. I know you said no Reclasas but I thought I'd mention this.

and who the hell woul use a general?

I use Sedgar as a General. He can barwely be damaged by Silver Weapons. And they can use Bows and he seems to want a bow wielding class.

... genersals get doubled by everything and forges almost screw defense plus the magic factor. your general will be scrap if he meets a forged hammered beserker

... genersals get doubled by everything and forges almost screw defense plus the magic factor. your general will be scrap if he meets a forged hammered beserker

They're not Wi-Fi.

Read the posts.

I voted archer->sniper

Hunter->horseman have terrible growths. They don't grow in def or in hp, and have only ok speed. Archers generally have lower attack, but are more durable.

Also, for the wifi thing, no horseman for wifi sould ever be trained as hunter->horseman. I know it's not totally relevant, since this isn't a wifi discussion. But that's my logic. I would still vote archer->sniper for wifi, over hunter->horseman, since their growths are so bad.

Hunter->horseman have terrible growths. They don't grow in def or in hp, and have only ok speed. Archers generally have lower attack, but are more durable.

Archers and Hunters have virtually identical class growths. Any growth differences between the two are a measly 5%, except for strength which Hunters win by 10.

I say archer->Sniper... hunter-> Horseman is better, but archer->Sniper can use the longbow and I just personally like archer's stats better

Edited by core34510

Voted for Hunter->Horseman

It depends on your strategy, a problem with archer sometimes is that an enemy might be in a spot where the archers 5 movement could not get in range to attack the enemy.

Sometimes rushing is used often so archers probably couldn't keep up with some of the units.

Sometimes the archer might be one damage off to kill the enemy because they might have lower strength than a hunter.