So, Tournament?

Rehab

First bracket draft is up. Unprofessional as always.

Yeah I'm thinking tournament. If we can get a significant amount of up ons, I'll offer $50 in gifted Virtual Console purchases to the winner and ~20 to some runnerups, same as last year. Rules for hypothetical tournament would be SBR standard, with the exception of a couple extra stages banned and no DDD infinite. I'll be a bit more of a hardass this year for scheduling, but feel free to voice complaints, assuming it goes down. Heaven or Hell

Grand Finals:

Sirius (Sirius) vs Dio (BsTrD)

Individual Match Rules:

1. The first match will be played on Battlefield, Smashvile or Final Destination. It doesn't matter which so long as you agree.

2. Best 2/3 matches.

3. Match settings will be 3 stocks, 8 minute time limit. For those of you who may complain about the time limit, 8 minutes is a long fucking time that will only serve to cut things short before they reach an unnatural length. At the end of that time limit, the one with the higher stock count wins, or if same stocks, the lower percentage wins. No Sudden Death.

4. After the first match, the loser picks the stage to play the next fight on from this list:

Battlefield

Final Destination

Smashville

Yoshi's Island

Castle Siege

Halberd

Lylat Cruise

Pokémon Stadium 1

Brinstar

Delfino (moved from S/C)

Frigate Orpheon

Jungle Japes

Pirate Ship

Pokémon Stadium 2

Rainbow Cruise

After the stage is picked, the previous winner states their character choice. The previous loser can then pick whichever character they wish without announcing it before the game. If the previous loser wins the second game, the process repeats for the final game with roles reversed.

5. None o this Dedede sitting on certain characters forever (infinite) nonsense. You know who you are. If you don't, all the better.

6. No items derp

7. Needs more fighting

To be done by next weekend. Let's rock.

Edited by Rehab

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoops, nearly forgot. Please post the tags you will be using if you enter so there's no confusion at all on that like there was last year sometimes.

Remember. THE HUNGER.

It's also double elim so it's impossible for anybody to have no chance to win after just one round anyway

Remember. THE HUNGER.

BUT I'M THE GLASS JOE OF BRAW-

Wait, that's Marthur.

I'M VON KAISER

T_______________T

It's also double elim so it's impossible for anybody to have no chance to win after just one round anyway

Fuck yeah seaking

Edited by Ninji

4 round tournament featuring none but Serenes' best 4 players of Dairanto Smash Brozaz X! Glory and riches to the winner! Honor beyond measure to all!

seriously I know you guys are out there, you got nothing to lose

Edited by Mac

I was waitin for this :D

Masu....errr I cant remember my name. Last i played i think it was Shiki. yeah just put me down as Shiki (dont ask if i can check it, the wii is at a friend's house)

once again i'll do what I did last year and donate my wii points to the runner up if I somehow win since Im on a Japanese wii which doesnt accept US wii points

Edited by White Len

Well, we have enough to do a very clean no-nonsense bracket now. Now we just need to strongarm this same amount of people again to get an interesting bracket. gogogo

If this is all the entrants we get by the end of Wednesday/Thursday afternoon, I'll have some formal brackets put up soon to be completed by the weekend after this next one. Entrance is NOT CLOSED, but I will make a little chart to have on hand, should nobody else sign up, in a bit.

Edited by Mac

I'll go ahead and sign up. I mean, I haven't played Brawl in forever and a half but certainly with a little training I can get back to my old level of suck and not this supreme suck I have.

Edit: Oh yeah I'll probably be named 'Hika'. But you knew that.

Edited by Boat

If we are going to have a bracket that doesn't involve giving some people free passes to the second round or kicking some people out, we need 5 more entrants. Strong arm some bitches people gogogo

*Joins* Tag is Lux.

EDIT: If it's between the period of tomorrow to the satudary after this one (excluding friday), then I won't be able to do it. Sorry...

Edited by Lux Aeterna