Is it possible to give Sety Falaflame in FE4?

CrashGordon94

Of course not. Sety doesn't have the proper holy blood necessary to use either of those tomes. It would most likely be possible to have him use whatever weapon you wanted if you went in and edited the rom, but it isn't possible through normal circumstances.

About what?

Holsety makes the user almost unhittable. It's probably the best Holy Weapon in the Game. Balmung gives the same bonuses but I prefer Holsety. Both are good though. Narga's even better but you can only use it against 13 enemies. Holsety is great. Holsety Sety is a lot better than Valkyrie Staff Sety.

Holsety makes the user almost unhittable. It's probably the best Holy Weapon in the Game. Balmung gives the same bonuses but I prefer Holsety.

Holsety is Balmung with a 1~2 range, hitting RES. So... yeah.

Both are good though. Narga's even better but you can only use it against 13 enemies. Holsety is great.

Holsety provides better evade/Continue rate, though, and Narga's defense bonus doesn't really matter if you aren't getting hit. Offensively, it's only stronger than Holsety against the last boss, really.

Have Sety enter the second castle in the 4th real chapter where his mum lives, she'll give it to him. Fury and Sety have a convo in that chapter that borderline makes them autolovers, so you're pretty much free at that point.

EDIT: Btw I reread your first post, in this game the balance between the kinds of anima got hardbodied. All types of magic have the same might/hit if I remember right, but different weights. Fire is hella heavy, thunder is lighter and wind doesn't weigh shit, and since magic users have characteristic low strength there's pretty much no reason to not go with the lightest thing available. Even with the usual triangle factored in, a fire mage vs a wind mage will probably be in favor of the wind mage since the weight makes such a big avoid difference in actual play.

Edited by Mac

Have Sety enter the second castle in the 4th real chapter where his mum lives, she'll give it to him. Fury and Sety have a convo in that chapter that borderline makes them autolovers, so you're pretty much free at that point.

... what?

Just send Levin to Silesia castle in Chapter 4 and you will get the tome.

... what?

Just send Levin to Silesia castle in Chapter 4 and you will get the tome.

Second chapter that you conquer, I think he meant that.

Second chapter that you conquer, I think he meant that.

I know. But 4th real chapter? SETY? Just... what?

But nevermind me.

I know. But 4th real chapter? SETY? Just... what?

But nevermind me.

Technically, Levin "turns" into Sety, so it's not that absurd

DOHSLYEXIA

Send Levin into Silesia in the fourth nontutorial chapter of the 1st gen is what I meant, yeah.

Edited by Mac

"Holsety might not be THAT bad"... tsk tsk tsk.

The best 2 ways to get Holsety are pairing Levin with Tiltyu (best way) and pairing Levin with Fury.

With Tiltyu you get Holsety on Arthur who comes late in chapter 6. He has 5 MOV so it may be a good idea to have him inherit the Leg ring and once he promotes, he'll have 9 MOV so you can pass it off to some1 else.

With Fury, you get Holsety on Sety late in chapter 8. He's statistically superior to Arthur but he's stuck with 6 MOV unless you give him the Leg ring (which is far more useful on Laylea/Lynn at that point). Personally, I find that his superior tactics aren't much since they're both one shotting just about everything with a critical and the only thing Arthur will be missing is Pursuit though he does have Wrath so you can have him use Fire in the arena to lose and end up with 1 HP to always critical with Holsety. There's also a few times where Sety's superior base avoid results in him not being attacked by some enemies, you don't want this.

Holsety >>> Falaflame

Edited by Sirius

Pairing Levin with Tiltyu and Sylvia also procure kids that are able to use Holsety, albeit the character themselves aren't as inherently broken as Sety is regardless of the tome. Not like it matters much, considering the bonus. Arthur can use Holsety the second he joins, which is in the beginning of late-game. Corple could use it when he promotes; he joins nearer the end-game, just after the middle. Sety comes with it around the same time as Corple, a little sooner actually--though by the time you promote Corple without abusing, it should be about a chapter later (as in using Reserve every turn he moves, rather than using it every turn, making sure someone's hurt so that he gains maximum experience, this being able to allow him promotion in the chapter he joins, naturally).

Can Rana use Holsety if Levin and Edin are paired? I don't remember really ever hearing about her in most discussions ._.

Can Rana use Holsety if Levin and Edin are paired? I don't remember really ever hearing about her in most discussions ._.

Levin!Rana tends to have minor Holsety, while lolLester gets major.

So, usually, she can't use it at all.

Tends...? I was thinking along the lines of skills, which apparently don't care about father-daughter/mother-son/whatever choices, which apparently blood never followed (couldn't remember). But I don't think it really has the chance to fluctuate.

Tends...? I was thinking along the lines of skills, which apparently don't care about father-daughter/mother-son/whatever choices, which apparently blood never followed (couldn't remember). But I don't think it really has the chance to fluctuate.

"Tends" because, for instance, RM/Binary allows characters with minor blood to use Divine Weapons (with halved bonuses). In vanilla, though? Never.

Major blood is inherited only by the correspondent child; the other one only gets a minor. The only way both children will get a major blood is if both parents have that lineage (e.g. Ayra x Holyn).

"Tends" because, for instance, RM/Binary allows characters with minor blood to use Divine Weapons (with halved bonuses). In vanilla, though? Never.

Major blood is inherited only by the correspondent child; the other one only gets a minor. The only way both children will get a major blood is if both parents have that lineage (e.g. Ayra x Holyn).

Because Nintendo loves Incest.