My sprites...

Squidorsky

Ah, her chest... it's quite, shall I say large? Could use some fixing there but eh, whatever right?

The neck could use some fixing up, and her head looks odd at that angle, but I know that's because you were trying to make the mug 96x80 so whatever.

Overall, I'd say it ain't bad, not at all.

Edited by Uphir

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, her chest... it's quite, shall I say large? Could use some fixing there but eh, whatever right?

The neck could use some fixing up, and her head looks odd at that angle, but I know that's because you were trying to make the mug 96x80 so whatever.

Overall, I'd say it ain't bad, not at all.

.......HAVE YOU SEEN HER CHEST!!! It is that huge!!....Do you even know what litchi faye looks like? ( Not to seem rude.) What about the neck needs fixing...it looks fine to me and my neighbor and siblings...

The head thing was done on purpose not because i wanted to fit it in the limit...it just so happened that i got lucky and it fit. If you look at her in game story mode art you'll see what i used to as reference for the head angle and just about the rest of the mug...( Though the panda needs work...i'll fix that later...When i feel like it)

But nevertheless i'm glad you liked it!

-Eriad-

Ehh.... if you want it to fit in the hack box... then there's actually no need to show her chest... despite the fact that's Litchi's main feature >_<

There's nothing wrong with going beyond the hack box to make it look good... Mageknight404 does it all the time with his full bodies ._.

They're big, but not THAT big... one boob is as big as her head from that sprite ._.

Pillow shading on the left (our left) shoulder... The hair feels like one big pillow too...

Her body proportion... usually, Armor Knights fit the whole hack box bottom... I don't think Litchi would, even with her "melons" >_>

It makes her head feel EXTREMELY small...

I don't know much about hands... but it feels like the shape of hers is extremely sharp... maybe use Lilina as a reference for that?

Glasses "shading" on the bottom make it feel like it's part of her face... Here's an image with tips about glasses:

k00spritetips5.png

I could probably critique it better if you showed us the reference you used... I don't have CT... I keep thinking CS art since that's what we play at our college >_>

Edited by shadowofchaos

You guys aren't really helping

Wow, that is hot stuff ^^

Anyways, she's too wide. It looks like she's stretched out horizontally. That's yer problem.

And use FE8 skin tones. FE7 skin tones don't look good on a mug full of FE8 type colors.

Also, shade the left side of her face with the second shade of skin color.

You guys aren't really helping

Wow, that is hot stuff ^^

Anyways, she's too wide. It looks like she's stretched out horizontally. That's yer problem.

And use FE8 skin tones. FE7 skin tones don't look good on a mug full of FE8 type colors.

Also, shade the left side of her face with the second shade of skin color.

Seriously...

Now that's more like it! I agree with the body thing...How would i go about shrinking it? I suppose the shoulder/arm on our right should be shrunk, any thing else?

Ugh Fe8 colors...Bleugh!! But i suppose you're right...Can't say the fe7 colors are working...

Edited by Eriad

• 3 weeks later...

I hate to say this but this is farewell everyone. I have been on serenes and spriting for over two years ( The date i joined is incorrect because of the server crash thing) and I've met some really cool people though not personally. many of these people helped me learn and many of these people mercilessly mowed me down in critiquing my sprites. I've enjoyed spriting for a long time but when hacking became big I thought oh how great that would be! I could make my own fire emblem game!

But week after wasted week of mindless spriting kept on getting me thinking...Why am i doing this? I literally no joke broke two mouses and one keyboard in frustration when it came to hacking the actual game. It's just not worth it...And besides, my future doesn't hold anything like this in it. I want to major in piano in college, and how can I do that when I spend more time spriting then playing?

I'm not trying play the coward's card and opt out of it all because i have other plans...but when this hobby takes way too much time up and leaves me more frustrated then happy then can it still be called a hobby? It's more like painfully long payless work...The hacking aspect is what got me the most...

It's slow, frustrating and most of all it always breaks down some how. So maybe you're wondering can't i just keep on spriting then. Well not really, the only reason I ever got into this was because I wanted to make my own hacks, but my ambitions for those are way too high and frankly i've had enough with yelling and screaming at a computer for hours on end for such little output. the only reaction i've ever got from my siblings and neighbors for making a semi complete hack was, Oh that's cool...

Then they'd leave...That's it. Don't get me wrong, i'm not done because i feel underappreciated, it's that I, myself, am throwing in the spriting hacking towel. It's been a long hard road. Raising my spriting skills from nothing to something was long but i enjoyed it while it lasted. Many thanks to Jecht, above all. Were it not for him, i doubt i would have stayed on this long. I'm sorry to be quiting out on you...good luck with you hack!

But as my serenes forest "Will", I leave any work I have posted to you, May it serve you well( Provided you want it.).

Maybe i'm being silly, to some...but I just don't find it to be a hobby any longer. It's sort of became some kind of contest or job, One that i can't seem to like any more.

So goodbye everyone, I hope you enjoyed my would be hobby over the last few years. It's been a long crazy ride but like anything it must come to an end. maybe some of you don't know who i am or maybe some of you didn't even think i was that great. Know that if the latter is how you felt then that's why i'm leaving. moreover though it's the hacking...it's tough, its slow, it's time consuming and not fun. Most of all I don't enjoy it anymore.

One last hurrah,

Chopinfarewell.png

Maybe it's not a great way to go...so here's a video of Chopin( Eternal sonata ending so don't watch if you don't want to ruin it) with the song i wrote all this to ( Yeah even in goodbye I'm still lame)

Maybe I left an impression ( I'd like to think so) on you all, maybe i didn't. In any case to all of you that helped me, to all of you who critiqued my work, to all of you who generally liked anything i did, Goodbye.

So ends the tale of Eriad, I hope you all enjoyed it.

The end is just the begining of something new...-Eriad

-Fin-

You're going? Shame, I'll miss you, bro :(

I'd just like to thank you for all the sprites you've made for me. Though I never actually finished any hacks myself either, I wouldn't have even started if it weren't for you sprites. In particular, thanks for the FFX sprites, I'll make sure I put them to good use. Hopefully you'll come back later and get the patch once it's done! That won't be for a while though ;)

Your last sprite is brilliant! Is it an FC?

Well, I wish you luck in your pianoing. Thank again for the sprites, and the support!

See ya man!

-Jecht- (Stealin your thing one last time :D)

You're going? Shame, I'll miss you, bro :(

I'd just like to thank you for all the sprites you've made for me. Though I never actually finished any hacks myself either, I wouldn't have even started if it weren't for you sprites. In particular, thanks for the FFX sprites, I'll make sure I put them to good use. Hopefully you'll come back later and get the patch once it's done! That won't be for a while though ;)

Your last sprite is brilliant! Is it an FC?

Well, I wish you luck in your pianoing. Thank again for the sprites, and the support!

See ya man!

-Jecht- (Stealin your thing one last time :D)

Not a problem at all, it was my pleasure!

Yes it is a full custom by the way...possibly the last one i'll ever do so i'm glad you liked it...

Maybe, if your interested i'll post some videos of me playing piano, hopefully someday i'll be able to play the some in the linked video.

Wow this is really hard to say goodbye... :sob:

If this is goodbye forever Jecht, then I wish you the best in every aspect of life! Same goes for everyone here!

Truly this is the end now.

The dreams that we shared...the friends that we lost...Never forget them...-Yuna, FFX

-Eriad-

Edited by Eriad