My sprites...

Squidorsky

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh! Sorry about that! Any way in better news i'm changing/ possibly getting rid of a lot of the mugs you've seen so far. so if i completely decide to get rid of one then i'll tell you and you can decide if you want it or not. sound good?

On a side note, where can i get a demo of your hack? Also how much did you change? Completely new story and characters? ( Not trying to pass judgement or critique your hard work i just wanted to know! ;)

Later then!

-hyrulian man-

It's in the Leauge of Champs topic, there's no way to change the name so yeah... If you can't find it, here it is.

And that sounds good because i gotta keep moving in this hack or it'll never finish, so keep me posted.

I'll update the first post now to give you a quick summary of the changes.

Alot of good mugs there (in the huge post in particular) though I feel a quality gap in a lot of them, some are original and of high quality, others are the opposite, some have both traits, and others have neither XD Sorry, I die if I don't flame at least 25 people a day

As for the mug usage issue, you could always recolor it (or let someone else recolor it) slap a different name on it and then use it? I mean it makes little difference to the creator as long as they get creditted IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow it's been a while... but!!!

Whativebeenupto.png

Voila! Well let me break it down some...At the top is cress' battle sheet...still a WIP so i wanted some input!

Below that are some more portrait changes for my new idea for this hack, out with the old in with the new! I'm not going to list names...as i don't have the names for some and as of right now even if i did name them it might change. so if you feel like critiquing them or just want to applaude them then describe i suppose...Names...so hard to come up with good ones!!

Under my new hack sprites are the projected looks for the "Holy weapons" in the hack. They aren't final but so far i really like some of them!

Next to that are some screw around mugs. The two of the pokemon trainers are FULL CUSTOM!! (NOTE they aren't supposed to look like Fe mugs, though i'm somewhat sure that they could be inserted if one wanted to. I made them to commemorate the release of Soul silver and Heartgold! maybe i'll make some more if you like these ones enough...Next to them is a Shanan (FE4) mug. Next to him is Deidara of the akatsuki from Naruto. ( I'm not that much of a fan of it but my siblings are so i decided to try to surprise them or something like that). Under the male poketrainer is Solid snake from MGS One and next to him is his FULL CUSTOM nemesis Gray fox! finally there is Spider man who is full custom...really random though...

Under them is Ragna and Jin from Blazblue and battle sprites of them made by me! under them is Selvaria bles from Valkyria chronicles and a battle sprite to boot!

At last we near the end and we get to a for fun chart i made based on FE4 but with my characters. My hack is based off of Fe4 so i thought it would be cool/ funny to allude to my favorite fire emblem but with characters of my own. also this serves as a chart to show who has full blood... but their may be more people with the holy blood...

Well that's all for today! sorry for the hiatus...My schedule is all over the place.

Later then

-Hyrulian man-

P.S. (I tried to heed Nadesico's words and make all if not most of them more original. Tell me how i did!) (Also if this post is too hard to follow or if you all want a breakdown of it then ask. i just wanted to show everything that i had been making up to now! Hope you like!)

For real this time,

-Hyrulian man-

Finally you're back! Awesomeness there.
Oh whoa, dude! Those are great! (SPIDEY!!!!!)

Those are interesting! I like them!

Always good to have fans!

in unrelated news ( Though semi relevant)...

I wanted to/ have been planning on making a hack with the characters posted previously ( Obviously not with the random sprites and such, the original characters.)

I am working on the story and trying to complete the cast and make them look better should they need it ( Referring to graphics)

So here are my two biggest problems..1. Music practice comes first and foremost so that limits my time to do it.

2. I don't have the knowledge nor the utilities to do what i want to do. ( This entails adding my own music, maps, events and more.)

I have been getting help from someone but they are going away...thus i'm back to zero progress...

What i basically need is, flat out help with map insertion, inserting music, Custom events, basically anything i need to know in order to make my own fire emblem game from relative scratch. if you would like to help then please PM me. Please know that due to reason 1 previously cited i don't have alot of time to work on this, so don't feel rushed on helping out, take your time making/ gathering what i need...Or just hang me out to dry...

Well that aside, expect more sprites later on...Maybe...Music can be a bi...well hopefully you know what i mean...;)

The best music hacker I know is blazer. He has a music hacking tutorial here,

at his forum. Ask him for help if you need it, since he's normally pretty

willing to assist.

That tutorial shows you how to insert MIDIs. If you want to insert music from other

games, ask him about it, because I don't know where to find a tut on that.

Ugh hacking's rough stuff...So i decided to vent my frustrtions away by making some more mugs!

Here's some, all made by me!

dgfdsg.png

Yeah Hyrulian man attempts full custom!! Well at least on Ike and Micaiah. Celicia has custom parts on her but mostly only in the hair.

Hope you like! (I'm thinking Ike's colors are too dark, i need to change them to a lighter color, any suggestions?)

Later,

-Hyrulian man-

If you want to insert music from other

games, ask him about it, because I don't know where to find a tut on that.

He didn't tell ANYTHING about that... I had to mess around with Sappy and look around on how to fix "Voicegroups" according to the Pokemon Hacking community (aka Instrument Maps) to actually import the "instrument WAV" files...

In short... easier than inserting MIDIs, since it's mostly copying and pasting, but VERY tedious...

I should probably go and make a tutorial sometime during this spring break (this week) ._.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I should probably go and make a tutorial sometime during this spring break (this week) ._.

That would be nice...A.K.A (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!)

Maybe you already answered this but it's late over here so sue me...

Any way what i was wondering was how do you insert your own midi files. Like let's say i wanted to insert Final fanatsy music or older fireemblem's music into Fe7.

How would i go about doing that? I'm asking this because that link April provided isn't working becuase i haven't a file on that site...:(

Shit those are some awesome portraits.

Especially the Ike portrait

Thank you, thank you!

Well it's bed time for me!..Yeah i'm sorta lame....

Yawn...

-Hyrulian man-

How would i go about doing that? I'm asking this because that link April provided isn't working becuase i haven't a file on that site...:(

Maybe he should have given you a direct link?

It works fine for me ._.

Click here for the PDF File

The Instrument patches for both FE6 and FE7 are found here, near the bottom of the page:

Patches hosted at FEShrine

Here's an example of the result:

Edited by shadowofchaos

Alright! Sounds great! I'll have to try that when i get home!

Well if i haven't already said this i live in florida but for spring break we drove up to Pennsylvania...as such expect little to no sprites from me...

But i did manage to finish some sprites before i left...however i forgot to upload them so we'll have to wait!

Until then,

-Hyrulian man-

Will do! See you all on Tuesday!

(That's when i get back home...)

Well actually as you may notice i have a computer here so i could logistically still sprite and what not but...I'm on freaking vacation! You know what that means, rest and relaxation!

So on that note you may still here from me just don't expect me to be on for long and to get any sprites made.

Later everyone, Happy Easter ( Tomorrow that is!)

-Hyrulian man-

Edited by Hyrulian man

Last day of my trip ( But certainly not the end of spring break!) As such i decided to make goodbye sprite...Maybe i'm weird but so what!

Any way here it is!

NoelVermillion-1.png

Some details on it...

-full custom!

-Noel from Blazblue ( What's not cool about that!)

-...Um...made by me...(Obviously)

-Finally i'm out of details...

Yeah i made a litchi faye ling sprite back at home so expect that either tomorrow or after that.

As you can see i'm a bit of blazblue frenzy ( Can't wait for Blazblue Continuum shift!!)

Hope you liked it!

Also if your staring at this post and thinking what on earth is blazblue, then my advice to you is to just go out a buy it. If you like fighters of any kind i guarantee that you'll love this!! Trust me!!)

Later everyone, Wish me luck on the thirteen hour trip i have to go through tomorrow...Sigh...

-Hyrulian man-

Last day of my trip ( But certainly not the end of spring break!) As such i decided to make goodbye sprite...Maybe i'm weird but so what!

Any way here it is!

NoelVermillion-1.png

Some details on it...

-full custom!

-Noel from Blazblue ( What's not cool about that!)

-...Um...made by me...(Obviously)

-Finally i'm out of details...

Yeah i made a litchi faye ling sprite back at home so expect that either tomorrow or after that.

As you can see i'm a bit of blazblue frenzy ( Can't wait for Blazblue Continuum shift!!)

Hope you liked it!

Also if your staring at this post and thinking what on earth is blazblue, then my advice to you is to just go out a buy it. If you like fighters of any kind i guarantee that you'll love this!! Trust me!!)

Later everyone, Wish me luck on the thirteen hour trip i have to go through tomorrow...Sigh...

-Hyrulian man-

It's really good, but there's pillow shading EVERYWHERE.

I seem to like pillow shading...If it wouldn't be too much to ask could someone tell me where it all is and how to avoid doing it because i honest to god have no idea what the term mean (And i've been spriting for a long time)

Thanks for the luck i'm gonna' need it. ( Three siblings can make a trip very long sometimes if you know what i mean.)

Thirteen hour trip here i come! See you on the other side!!

-Hyrulian man-

I seem to like pillow shading...If it wouldn't be too much to ask could someone tell me where it all is and how to avoid doing it because i honest to god have no idea what the term mean (And i've been spriting for a long time)

Thanks for the luck i'm gonna' need it. ( Three siblings can make a trip very long sometimes if you know what i mean.)

Thirteen hour trip here i come! See you on the other side!!

-Hyrulian man-

pillowshade.gif

The left is pillow shading... the right is proper shading...

More on it here: Click here

Ah...At last i made it home...Long day for me...

Thanks for the example shadow of chaos, it actually makes alot of sense ( Though i'm no artist so don't think this is the last of pillow shading from me but i'll work on it)

Alas here is my litchi i mentioned so long ago...if a couple of hours is considered a long time...

Litchi.png

Details on this...

- Full custom ( Most likely full of pillow shading also... ;) )

-Litchi Faye ling from Blazblue ( I'm really in love with blazblue if you couldn't tell, It's just one of my many phases, don't worry it'll wear off soon...;) )

Well as i said above expect pillow shading, that's what i expect...So don't harp on it too much...

Alright gents and ladies, i'm tired ( Thirteen hours in a car can do that you know!) So i'll see you all later!

See ya!

-Hyrulian man-