Ilyana

You completely changed the topic, just because you make a point about each of their part 3's doesn't change the fact that what we were originally discussing was whether Laura is better statistically than Rhys.

Fine, let's go through the game without me being super generous to Laura.

Part 1: ORKO'd by everything. Don't try to argue this.

Part 3: What level should we put Laura at? I'm thinking around 13- 16, since we have wtf20HPvulneries and then super rape machines in late Part 1, so healing isn't necessary every turn.

Now, if we even want to give Laura a fighting chance, we'll have to crown her, which is pretty bad.

13/1 Laura w/ Aran A (Light): 23 HP, 20 ATK, 134 Hit, 14 AS, 57 Avoid, 10 Defense, 14 Res, 5 Crit, 14 Dodge

16/1 Laura w/ Aran A (Light): 24 HP, 22 ATK, 136 Hit, 16 AS, 62 Avoid, 10 Defense, 15 Res, 6 Crit, 15 Dodge

Most common enemy:

Tiger lvl 16

HP 50-52, Atk 39, AS 16, Hit 137, Avo 39, DEF 20, RES 6, Crit 11, Ddg 7

Laura is OHKO'd at both levels.

The Tiger has 92.20 True Hit on 13/1 Laura.

The Tiger has 87.75 True Hit on 16/1 Laura.

She does 14/16 damage respectively.

Yeah, she's doing horribly.

I'll start with 3-1 for Rhys since 3-P is lol.

Just like Laura, Rhys is ORKO'd at high hit percentages. You know this. I won't go into detail. However, Rhys has instant Ellight access and a higher damage output, and the rare mage basically tinks him.

Then, they're pretty much even throughout the entire game; combat failures, though it should be noted that Rhys can just spam staves to get his EXP, while Laura's chapters are stupidly short, and she won't have the same luxury. They both lack an enemy phase, so...

Yeah, Rhys and Laura are fairly similar, statistically.

Edited by Ninji

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Laura sucks just so u know

No she doesn't. Give her Adapt skill, and that she is the only one to grow any good dodge out of the Mag users.

Lilina.jpg

Where does she appear on the tierlist? Pretty low. I think even WENDY is higher than her (DEF is better than no DEF.)

She doesn't really need it with her good enough Luck growth and a fair amount of Speed.

Fun fact: 20/3 Laura, the same as Rhys at his base level, has basically the same stats as Rhys, the main exception being Speed, where she has 3 more than him. This, however, is irrelevant, as Laura is still getting doubled and one rounded by everything.

Keep in mind that this assuming that Laura even promotes at level 20 in Part 3, which is ludicrous.

You know you can promote her before ending Part I.

Fine, let's go through the game without me being super generous to Laura.

Part 1: ORKO'd by everything. Don't try to argue this.

Part 3: What level should we put Laura at? I'm thinking around 13- 16, since we have wtf20HPvulneries and then super rape machines in late Part 1, so healing isn't necessary every turn.

Now, if we even want to give Laura a fighting chance, we'll have to crown her, which is pretty bad.

13/1 Laura w/ Aran A (Light): 23 HP, 20 ATK, 134 Hit, 14 AS, 57 Avoid, 10 Defense, 14 Res, 5 Crit, 14 Dodge

16/1 Laura w/ Aran A (Light): 24 HP, 22 ATK, 136 Hit, 16 AS, 62 Avoid, 10 Defense, 15 Res, 6 Crit, 15 Dodge

Most common enemy:

Tiger lvl 16

HP 50-52, Atk 39, AS 16, Hit 137, Avo 39, DEF 20, RES 6, Crit 11, Ddg 7

Laura is OHKO'd at both levels.

The Tiger has 92.20 True Hit on 13/1 Laura.

The Tiger has 87.75 True Hit on 16/1 Laura.

She does 14/16 damage respectively.

Yeah, she's doing horribly.

I'll start with 3-1 for Rhys since 3-P is lol.

Just like Laura, Rhys is ORKO'd at high hit percentages. You know this. I won't go into detail. However, Rhys has instant Ellight access and a higher damage output, and the rare mage basically tinks him.

Then, they're pretty much even throughout the entire game; combat failures, though it should be noted that Rhys can just spam staves to get his EXP, while Laura's chapters are stupidly short, and she won't have the same luxury. They both lack an enemy phase, so...

Yeah, Rhys and Laura are fairly similar, statistically.

You shouldn't even be sending her to battle them anyway.

No she doesn't. Give her Adapt skill, and that she is the only one to grow any good dodge out of the Mag users.

She doesn't really need it with her good enough Luck growth and a fair amount of Speed.

You know you can promote her before ending Part I.

You shouldn't even be sending her to battle them anyway.

You have no idea what you're talking about, so I won't bother responding to you.

Aran has thunder afinity, not light.

I know. Light refers to the tome she was wielding.

This HM we're talking about?

Yes.

I agree with you then. In NM it's a different story due to being a higher level and much more bexp available to use on her.

Of course, though they're both still pretty pitiful.

Why are people trying to make Laura an attacking unit? She should only be used for one thing, healing. Anything else requires either too much resources or grants you a terrible mage which will lower the efficiency of the team. Besides the DB needs her in part 1 and would like a second healer in part 3.

Now back to Ilyana...

Why are people trying to make Laura an attacking unit? She should only be used for one thing, healing. Anything else requires either too much resources or grants you a terrible mage which will lower the efficiency of the team.

Then it's even more of a win for Rhys, since he can heal, and contribute chip damage.

Besides, you can nab up to, what, 5 seals in Part 1? You can't sell them and the only person who might like one of Tauroneo. Why not at least give Laura a method of attacking if there's nothing to heal?

Besides the DB needs her in part 1 and would like a second healer in part 3.

We were speaking strictly on a statistical basis, not how useful they are relative to their team, which is obviously a decisive win for Laura.

Then it's even more of a win for Rhys, since he can heal, and contribute chip damage.

Not really, since Rhys is not attacking during enemy phase (he'll die) he'll have to do it during player phase while Laura can just heal someone with better offense to kill off that enemy.

Besides, you can nab up to, what, 5 seals in Part 1? You can't sell them and the only person who might like one of Tauroneo. Why not at least give Laura a method of attacking if there's nothing to heal?

4 Master Seals and Tauroneo can't use one since he's second tier already. I tend to use it on the other DB members to save 100 exp. You could give her a master seal if you want, but it's not going to make her any better. Also if Laura isn't healing every turn you are either playing too defensively or you were lucky for that turn.

We were speaking strictly on a statistical basis, not how useful they are relative to their team, which is obviously a decisive win for Laura.

Why would we compare based on stats when they don't share any chapters until part 4. I agree that Rhys is better in part 4, but Laura is much more useful in her chapters than Rhys.

Not really, since Rhys is not attacking during enemy phase (he'll die) he'll have to do it during player phase while Laura can just heal someone with better offense to kill off that enemy.

But, if we do not promote Laura like you said, she doesn't even have the option to attack on the player phase, while Rhys could. They can both heal, so having the option > not.

4 Master Seals and Tauroneo can't use one since he's second tier already. I tend to use it on the other DB members to save 100 exp. You could give her a master seal if you want, but it's not going to make her any better. Also if Laura isn't healing every turn you are either playing too defensively or you were lucky for that turn.

Gah, I was thinking about the crown. Stupid dual promotion items.

Anyway, in Part 1, you have Sothe, Volug, Tauroneo, the Laguz whatever army, Nailah, and the Black Knight, who are all running around being basically invincible, and you also have guys like Nolan and Zihark who aren't invincible per se, but they're pretty damn durable.

In, like, 1-2 through 1-5, yes, Laura is going to be healing very often. However, starting in 1-6-1...

1-6-1: Tauroneo joins and takes no damage from everything, while Laura is a prime target for Pegasus Knights and she's left in the bushes for the rest of the chapter.

1-6-2: Laura and her 5 move can't keep up with Volug and Jill rushing the right side, while Tauroneo, in all of his glory, is destroying anything that moves on the left.

1-7: Aww, Tauroneo's gon- holy shit, who's the green tiger who's tinking everything and the crow who's dodging everything?

1-8: Not only do we have those three, Sothe, and Volug, but we also not have Nailah. Laura can't even keep up with anyone because of lolswamp.

1-E: BK, Nailah, Longbow Archers who constantly put Laura at risk, etc., etc.

So, in the second quarter of Part 1, yes, Laura is going to be healing every turn, probably. You have guys like Edward and Leonardo running around who require the healing. Later on, with all of the rape machines who never get hit, and then pretty cool guys like Nolan and Zihark?

Not so much.

Why would we compare based on stats when they don't share any chapters until part 4. I agree that Rhys is better in part 4, but Laura is much more useful in her chapters than Rhys.

Someone said that the only Saint that didn't suck was Laura. I wanted to show that Rhys and Laura are basically the exact same units statistically, so I don't see how Laura could suck, but Rhys couldn't. Hell, Rhys could never attack anything in his life and they'd still be on par.

• 2 weeks later...

I used Ilyana everytime I played, both difficulties (normal and hard. I never play easy on any game), and she was one of my best units every time. Guess she always got RNG blessed for me or something, since everyone seems to think she sucks, but she's always been one of the best units for me.

I used Ilyana everytime I played, both difficulties (normal and hard. I never play easy on any game), and she was one of my best units every time. Guess she always got RNG blessed for me or something, since everyone seems to think she sucks, but she's always been one of the best units for me.

This except using her everytime. I tried using her the first time in NM and i just couldn't raise her, she was always underleveled

• 2 months later...

She isn't too great unless you give her some BEXP. During levels, sometimes you can use her 1 space away magic if no enemies can reach you or over some types of walls where even if the enemy has a hand axe or something, i think only you can attack because only magic works like that (I might be wrong). I gave her draco shields, speed wings, and adept. I use her all the time because she has REALLY strong attack. When she promotes, she can use fire, wind, and staves, too, even though I used like three arm scrolls on her thunder so yeah.(also, I just can't see Illyana with a stave...) Her defense, speed, and luck are bad compared to others after pt. 1, but she has okay luck, and great magic and strength. I have strong, dodges almost always, takes 4 damage average, Illyana now by pt. 3, because her high availability gave me a lot of training time. Soren is a better choice for saving money and items, but Illyana will take only a few more levels than him until she gets good. On my first playthrough, I used Soren as a main mage, and he uses adept more than Illyana if they both get it. You could use Soren because he's easy to train. I use Illyana because Soren seems to "like" Ike a bit too much XD and being an Ike fan girl, I "strongly dislike" Soren and didn't know Soren liked Ike until after i already trained him so i still used him( no offense to fans). Also, I'm an Illyana fan. Oh, and Bastian is not a good choice because of his lateness. I also have a super good Heather, whom I gave almost all the power ups to, and people think she isn't worth it; just like Illyana to Soren, Volke is a better choice, but when i got him my Heather was still better, so I went with her. I recommend that if you use Illyana, forge her strong super thunders, maybe one or two, in your first few levels of using her until she gains weapon levels and i think she starts at C...

WOW that took forever :Ilyana: ftw

She isn't too great unless you give her some BEXP. During levels, sometimes you can use her 1 space away magic if no enemies can reach you or over some types of walls where even if the enemy has a hand axe or something, i think only you can attack because only magic works like that (I might be wrong). I gave her draco shields, speed wings, and adept. I use her all the time because she has REALLY strong attack. When she promotes, she can use fire, wind, and staves, too, even though I used like three arm scrolls on her thunder so yeah.(also, I just can't see Illyana with a stave...) Her defense, speed, and luck are bad compared to others after pt. 1, but she has okay luck, and great magic and strength. I have strong, dodges almost always, takes 4 damage average, Illyana now by pt. 3, because her high availability gave me a lot of training time. Soren is a better choice for saving money and items, but Illyana will take only a few more levels than him until she gets good. On my first playthrough, I used Soren as a main mage, and he uses adept more than Illyana if they both get it. You could use Soren because he's easy to train. I use Illyana because Soren seems to "like" Ike a bit too much XD and being an Ike fan girl, I "strongly dislike" Soren and didn't know Soren liked Ike until after i already trained him so i still used him( no offense to fans). Also, I'm an Illyana fan. Oh, and Bastian is not a good choice because of his lateness. I also have a super good Heather, whom I gave almost all the power ups to, and people think she isn't worth it; just like Illyana to Soren, Volke is a better choice, but when i got him my Heather was still better, so I went with her. I recommend that if you use Illyana, forge her strong super thunders, maybe one or two, in your first few levels of using her until she gains weapon levels and i think she starts at C...

WOW that took forever :Ilyana: ftw

Holy shit dude. First of all, when you're posting long posts, separate your thoughts into paragraphs. That is just a huge forboding wall of text right there. Also, you necroposted... this thread is several months old. I realize you're new, so I'll give you a verbal warning this time, but please read the rules here:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

[quote name='ikeluver' date='22 October 2009 - 07:04 AM' timestamp='1256160876' post='631 I use Illyana because Soren seems to "like" Ike a bit too much XD and being an Ike fan girl, I "strongly dislike" Soren.

I know how you feel, I hate and don't use heather because she hits on Nephenee.